You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Demons That Haunted Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Demons That Haunted Me

 

I have always been a believer in the super natural. As a kid, I'd love to listen to old ghost stories and always wanted to experience something... Until it actually happened. I have a few stories, but they are all inter-related so I'm going to share them all.

It all started when I was in the second grade, in 1992. I have two brothers that are six and seven years younger than me and when I was in the second grade my mom couldn't be there to pick me up from school every day because she would have to pick up the boys at day care. On those days, I would ride the bus.

We lived on a farm with an extremely long, up-hill driveway and right across the street there was a cow field. I would get off the bus and start to walk up the driveway (my mom was usually waiting for me on the front porch) and it started with a feeling of being watched and followed. It was slight at first but the more I had to walk up the driveway, the more it would happen. It got to where the feeling was so bad I would turn my head and look every few steps just to make sure no one was following me. I always "felt" like whatever was following me was really far away, like in the cow field across the street (you know, keeping his distance).

After a while, though, I could see him. He looked like an attractive 30-something man, a completely shaved head (so bald it was shiny), black goatee, black sunglasses, black fitted tee shirt, dark blue jeans, a black belt and black boots (almost like biker boots). His outfit has never changed. He has never talked to me, but I've always just felt uneasy around him.

This continued, and has continued to this day. I'm now 27 years old. I was very involved in church when I was a teenager but when I turned 18, I just kind of went wild with partying and "having fun". I noticed the more I partied and the less I went to church the closer this guy got to me but he was always still a little ways away... Until I started using the Ouija board.

I was 18 or 19 (2003 - 2004) when I started using it and used it for about a year before I stopped. I never thought anything of the Ouija board, I mean, if something is made by Milton Bradley, it can't be all bad, right? Wrong. At first it was little things that I just shrugged off, like my cell phone going off at odd hours when it wasn't turned on, or the VCR doing crazy things, but things continued to get worse.

One night I was laying in bed (my bedroom was downstairs with the basement and was the only bedroom on that floor, I had my own bathroom and the stairs led directly to my door), trying to fall asleep but really watching T.V., I was laying on my stomach when all of a sudden something grabbed the back of my head, pulled my hair until my head came about a foot off of the pillow! I freaked out, saying, "Oh my God!" and as soon as I said "God" my head dropped back down on the pillow.

A few nights later, I was going to the bathroom after everyone had already gone to sleep. (I always hated opening my door at night especially because I could always see this big black cloaked figure standing on the stairs and it would follow me to the doorway of my bedroom but never came into the room). As I was quickly walking to the bathroom, I looked over into the den area and saw three sets of red eyes! I didn't see a figure to go with the eyes, just the eyes.

A couple weeks later, I was closing at the retail shop where I worked and I was walking across the store (I KNOW no one else was in there because I was the one to let everyone out and lock the doors) when I heard what sounded like a child's voice say my name 3 times.

But the last time I messed with the Ouija board was the final straw. Me and my friend had made an Ouija board...yes, you heard correctly, made a Ouija board. We used a glue bottle as the pointer, got a piece of cardboard as the board and wrote everything on the board. We went to the park and started talking. It predicted my father's death, down to the date, the cause, and how old he was when he died. This happened when I was 19, my father passed away when I was 25 years old. Not two minutes after I found out my father had passed, did I think about that day in the park with the Ouija board. Needless to say, I never touched the thing again.

How does this all tie together? During the period I was messing around with the board, my "friend" began getting closer and closer and closer until I could literally feel his breath on my neck (always the left side). This is also when my "friend" showed himself fully to me. His pupils were completely big and black and the whites of his eyes were red and when he smiled at me his teeth looked like they had been filed to a point. He's only shown me his true self one time, but I never want to see it again.

Since then, he comes and goes but I can always feel his presence especially if I talk about him. I don't know his name and I don't know if he's evil or benevolent, but I've just come to terms with the fact that he will always be there and I'll always have to deal with him.

However, if anyone has any sort of insight as to what or who this may be, it'd be great! I've done all kinds of research to try and find him but I can't, seeing as how I don't know his name and if it is a demon, he's more than likely not showing me his true form.

My experiences are very real and were very scary when they happened. Now, I look back on them with a kind of awe because if I had any doubt about the supernatural before, I definitely don't now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kelbel12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
Scbsd,

The activity on this thread has been question and answer between other members... Over some things that were mentioned during the 'activity' generated by this submission, not on the submission itself... Until your exchange with RedWolf. Heck even BadJuuJuu kept it 'netural' and didn't refer back to 'older' comments. Heck they even asked 'can't we all just get along'?

So, yes... It was quite until (sigh)...Well you know something your right... RedWolf did mention why they thought this particular submission may be 'false' and I can see why you commented and directed their attention to the comments that were made by the O/P...

For the record I've been off... With the exception of One Comment... Sense Friday morning about 0630 am (CST). In that one comment I addressed Questions/Comments from Wiz and rebskp IN WHICH (admission time folks) I misspoke... I did say that the O/P didn't address a single question concerning their submission... I was wrong... And I Apologize for that statement... However sense your comment caused me to review all of the O/P's comments I STAND BY what I stated in my last comment to you as far as the 'responses made by the O/P and the 'things they addressed'.

As far as your comment to me...

"Who made you boss of YGS?"

Ummm no one...I'd just like to see the 'rawness' created by the exchange of comments on this submission fade.

As far as being 'paranoid'...Not me. Why, are you?

I agree, a deep breath needs to be taken... The 'exchange' on this thread has cost the site some good contributors and I think we should all just walk away. Pause for a moment and let the 'dust settle'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Scbsd (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
Rook--"Why after 3 or 4 days of this 'story' being fairly quiet... And during that time frame some decent questions between posters being addressed... Why would you attempt to draw attention back to the comments thread?"

Rook, I have been away from keyboard for a few days. I am not watching this story as closely as you seem to be.

However, looking at the time-line on the comments, BadJuuJuu commented on it 17 hours ago (at the time of me writing this), and then Redwolf, Mannerizms, Rebskp and YOURSELF all made a comment 1 day ago (at the time of this comment).

What are you talking about "3 or 4 days of this story being quiet", and why are you getting all heated up about it?

The story hasn't been quiet for 3 or 4 days, it's been active within the last 24 hours, and even you were commenting here within the past 24 hours.

Why does it bother you if *I* comment here?

As for your other observations regarding the OP's responses, I can't answer any of your questions. I haven't been putting as much thought into the situation as you appear to have been.

As far as your statement here--"LET THIS FADE AWAY...it's over...it's in the past... Or do you have a reason to 'keep it current?'"

Who made you boss of YGS? I am not "keeping it current", I am only commenting on an active story that other YGS members (yourself included) have been commenting on. I don't have any hidden agenda or sinister motives. I was just interested in the story and when I dropped by it looked to me as though the OP was being unfairly accused of hiding.

I don't know if I believe this account or not, but I do know that some sort of hysteria seems to have been whipped up and what looks to me to be someone who may or may not have been plagued with some sort of unnatural presence in their life has now been accused of some extremely heinous motives, if not actions.

It would be nice, in my opinion, if there were a collective pause to catch one's breath here on YGS, and a little less fervor and suspicion in the behavior of the regulars here.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
(WHY, WHY WON'T THIS GO AWAY?)

Scbsd,

You say kelbel12... The 'O/P' commented several times...true...but "...made an effort to respond to the other members comments/questions..." is going a wee bit far don't you think...let's 're-cap'.

In the O/P's first comment they address a couple of questions that were asked such as the one about 'her' brothers... How they were NOT accepting the situation and were seeking help.

They then addressed a 'question' that had not been brought up, they said this..." To the ones questioning the God aspect: Yes. I am a Christian. I believe in God very much. Why would it be funny or odd that as soon as I said "God" my head fell back down on the pillow? Why would it be weird that when I was "backsliding" (as Christians call it) the experiences would get worse? If I were dealing with demons wouldn't it make perfect sense (and I truly believe I was)?"

It's curious that nobody questioned the O/P's religious background until a WEEK LATER when Jesus_Soldier said something about it, however the Ouija Board was mentioned a couple of times... Without eliciting a response from the O/P.

Another 'TELLING THING' The O/P also stated is this...

"To the person who was confused on my younger years and wondering why I didn't think the man following me wasn't creepy: I did think he was creepy. I didn't like him. But I also didn't think he was real, I knew he was in my head and I was a child, who would take me seriously anyway? I didn't say anything to my mother because she would've thought I was crazy (and actually did when I finally told her at the age of 23). I didn't consider it a paranormal experience because, let's face it, I was a CHILD. I didn't know what was going on and nothing other than the weird feeling happened until I was a teenager. And to be very honest, I didn't really consider it true paranormal experience until you said something. Haha."

If the last part of that statement is true... If the O/P really didn't 'consider' this to be a true 'paranormal experience'; "...until you said something" why even post the 'story' here on YGS? Which is it for the O/P...did they not think they were having a 'Paranormal Experience' or this (in their own words..."Why would it be funny or odd that as soon as I said "God" my head fell back down on the pillow? Why would it be weird that when I was "backsliding" (as Christians call it) the experiences would get worse? If I were dealing with demons wouldn't it make perfect sense (and I truly believe I was)?" Are demons no longer 'Paranormal?'

But wait there's more...

In the O/P's third comment they say this...

"As for the person who is accusing me of being a sexual predator: how dare you. How in the WORLD can you look at ONE story (their very first story too)..."

While 'valid' at the time it was made can someone, ANYONE explain to me why the OP would say this...

"My stories are real. OBVIOUSLY the mod knows what's going on and happened to agree with me. They said to stop, so stop."

The O/P says my 'STORIES'...stories plural as in more than one... While I can see the 'argument' being made that the O/P may be referring to 'stories yet to be posted' that is not the 'context' the comment was made in... They are referring to other published works... That the MODS know what is going on and that they agree with the O/P...

More time was spent 'focused' on the accusations rather than the questions directed to the O/P and when the O/P did 'answer questions' the 'answers' seemed to generate more questions than anything else.

My question to you Scbsd is this...

Why after 3 or 4 days of this 'story' being fairly quiet... And during that time frame some decent questions between posters being addressed... Why would you attempt to draw attention back to the comments thread?

LET THIS FADE AWAY...it's over...it's in the past... Or do you have a reason to 'keep it current?'

Respectfully,

Rook
Scbsd (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
Redwolf--" By the way one of the reasons I personally doubt this story to be true is because aside from the o/p not participating in the comments..."

Redwolf, please scroll down in the comments section here and look for Kelbel12 (the OP). You will see that she has in fact commented several times, and has made an effort to respond to the other members' comments.

If you have doubts about this story, at least let your doubts be based on facts.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
Red, I think just about every member of this site has had a story turned down at least once. I know I have lol, it just happens sometimes.
As for this story, and the drama that has gone with it, maybe it's true and maybe it aint, but it's an October submission. One thing I've learned about YGS is to not expect much from any story in the month of October. Writing bogus ghost stories seems to be a popular Halloween custom and a few fakes will always be published. There are just so many in October that it's impossible to weed them all out.
I also think that the majority of fake stories are written for no other purpose than for the author to have a laugh. I know this story has received it's share of accusations, but if it's fake it was probably just written for gits and shiggles and nothing more sinister than that.
Admittedly I've been largely absent from YGS for quite a while, so I've probably missed some stuff, but...can't we all just get along?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
To the mods
You say that you try to sift through stories to determine if they are fact or fiction. Why then did you not post one of my stories that was the absolute truth that I would have gladly participated in the conversation thread. Yet you post this story that has caused arguments because people have doubted (as have I) the story to be true mainly because the author claims to want help but refused to answer any questions. By the way one of the reasons I personally doubt this story to be true is because aside from the o/p not participating in the comments but also I have read romance novels with similiar story lines and the movie The Time Travelers Wife.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
Oh Jav, how I have missed you! I see where you are coming from as well, hence my silence 🤔.

Blessed Be ❤
rebskp (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
[at] Miracles: Sorry, I didn't mean anything bad about all the mods you guys have a very tough job.

[at] Rook: Your right now that I go over some more of the comments it does seem a little fishy. But I choose not to enter that discussion and thanks so much for that post. Demonology has always interested me but I know for a fact to never practice it. I really would like to know more about your cleansing ritual and how you came about it. I would like to gain some incite if you could email me.
Sorry for the gossip I won't post anything else

Apologizes to anyone I offended,
Rebskp
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
rebskp,

You asked this...

"Your picture gave me a good chuckle but is the lore around it true?"

There are many 'stories' about Anton Lavey and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction.

One FACT to take away from things is that he was the author of the Satanic Bible. This link my help, it's to a biographical sketch of the 'man'...it also includes some links for further reading if you choose to.

Http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/LaVeyBiography.html

Wiz and rebskp,

Some of the comments you are referring to were from the standpoint that O/P was posting stories as multiple people, with a common intent to mislead some of the younger, more impressionable posters. It got really heated and many things were said out of 'passion'.

I find it quite interesting that the O/P never addressed a single question concerning the 'story' but dove directly into the heated 'debate' and helped it escalate into what it did, all the while 'saying' that the 'story' was true but never once clareifing just what made it true... I may be wrong... And the O/p can clear things up by answering the questions that were raised concerning the validity of their 'Story'. Until that happens I do not think this was a 'true experience'...just a STORY written to stir up trouble.

Respectfully,

Rook
Wiz (23 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
[at] rook

To be honest I'm not sure what to make of this 'story' but it has created lots of talking points good and bad.

The O/P put her story 'out there' so can surely expect it to be picked apart/debunked.

In my 1st post I asked the O/P to put a more detailed description rather than black boots, black belt etc just to make it clearer for us reading.

Like I say I don't know what to make of this story but if its true to the O/P then it is what it is. Goodluck O/P. Wiz
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
rebskp - I'm going to skip over your comments except for the one directed toward the mods. You may have noticed the differing opinions of the members on whether or not this story is "fake," and the o/p maintains her story to be true.

We do our best to weed out the stories we are confident, without a shadow of a doubt, are made up. But, unfortunately, there are some that slip through. And I am sure there are some stories on here that sound sincere and everyone who has read them believes them, yet they are fictitious and the o/p has sat back and thought to themselves something along the lines of, "What fools! They believe me 😆"

So, we do what we can to the best of our ability and will continue to do so.
rebskp (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
Oh and sorry I forgot.
[at] Rook:

Your picture gave me a good chuckle but is the lore around it true?
rebskp (15 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
Well there is a lot of comments being posted about the legitimacy of this story and I'm not going to get involved but O/P I do agree with the comments about ruling out any psychiatric behavior that may have caused this but I hope it's nothing serious and as for your account about the paranormal follow through with rooks cleansing it will most likely work.

[at] All negative comments towards O/P:

Why take the time to post such harsh and negative replies to a poster? Sure if you believe it isn't real don't say anything! Keep it to yourselves. There is nothing we can do about it. As stated above comments: "The author, kelbel12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I NEED HELP with what I have experienced."

A question for the mods commenting:
Sorry to be the bad guy but aren't you guys suppose to catch these fake stories and not post them. As stated in publishing stories "Do not write fiction." Once again I don't doubt any of the mods have their fare share of what's fiction and non-fiction.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
Wiz / moravian,

May I ask you guys a question... I understand you feel some of the comments 'got out of hand', that's fine, that's your opinion but my question is do you really think this is 'true' experience?

I've gone on record with my doubts about this being a 'true' experience and why... So let's not speak about the accusations others have made, let's speak about the DETAILS of this STORY' and how the O/P hasn't answered any questions asked directly about ANY of the details in their 'story'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Wiz (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
[at] moravian

Spot on mate finally someone talking sense. Some of the comments directed at O/P are disgusting, let's hope the people responsible are dealt with accordingly. People post stories on here for help/advice not to be character assassinated by someone sitting behind their computer screen, to me, it shows who the real bullies are here. Lets get back to what this site is really about, enjoying peoples stories. Wiz
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
This is a paranormal encounter story. I don't think it appropriate to attack the character of the writer. Paranormal encounters don't always follow the same pattern. Some can be pretty bizarre. Thank you for posting this story. If you seek help with this I suggest go to church. Thank you and good luck.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Ok, here goes. Please be gentle when stabbing me with a sword, as I tend to bleed a lot. Maybe you could prick me with a pin instead?
From the moment I read this story, I sensed something bigger going on. I read the story again, and there is no way you can convince me that it's true. I'm sorry if the op thinks I am being harsh, but you know exactly what's going on here, and it's NOT paranormal in nature. I suggest you seek a psychiatric evaluation, and deal with the real root of the problem. Good Luck to you.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Oops 😕, posted my comment (see below) on the wrong story, should have been in reply to the comments made in this story:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=16528
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Hi Javelina, I'm sorry that happenned to your emailaddress.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Answer some of the questions kelbel. Do it so people will believe you.

Jav
kelbel12 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Please STOP your accusations, Javelina. They are completely unfounded and WRONG.

I don't think that you realize that I happen to be an actual human being. How would you like it if I went to one of your stories and started unfounded accusations about you being a sexual predator? I'm sure you wouldn't like it very much.

My stories are real. OBVIOUSLY the mod knows what's going on and happened to agree with me. They said to stop, so stop.

All you are doing is being an internet bully. You said you had children, well, it's the same thing as someone bullying your child at school only you don't know who the person is or why they're doing it. If you're doing it for the "safety of the children" or whatever, I get that, but wouldn't you be better off having ALL of the facts instead of going off of crazy accusations because YOU THINK that my story is similar to others? That makes YOU the crazy one.

Thanks everyone for the help. But I won't be on here anymore. You got what you wanted, crazy. And I do hope that the moderators see this and do something about Javelina.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
WBC,
My concerns begin at home as well. I have three beautiful daughters and when I read or hear about what has happened to some of these kids, I just pray it never happens to my own. So when I come across something so blatantly obvious I can't help but speak out about it. I pray I am wrong, but I am not willing to keep quiet in case I am right.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
[at] Lou,
Thank you my beautiful, wonderful friend. You leave me speechless.

Jav ❤
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
maybe I am just overly cautious. But every time I hear about another naive girl getting into trouble over meeting up with someone she met on the internet, my blood runs cold, because it could easily be one of the younger members of my family. I don't want to see something that I perceive to be a potential threat, say nothing for fear of being told off by volunteer moderators who I will never meet, and then have someone's kid endangered. Probably does seem stupid to some people reading this, but I know how precious my son is and I would want everyone to watch out for him when he is older.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
WBC,
EXACTLY!

Jav

5050505050505050505050
5050505050505050505050
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Jav I just read it from the link you put up earlier, and had a read through the comments as well. It seems the mods are aware of the problem, but they're not really bothered about doing anything about it and we're not supposed to mention it. One can only hope that this person who is posting under multiple user names, whoever they are, is doing it purely because they are bored and want a bit of attention, and not for any more sinister meaning.

Can I just point out as well, when you mentioned the "other P word" in a comment earlier, I was racking my brains wondering which swear word it could be, but the OP knew straight away which word you were referring to. Not proof by any stretch of the imagination, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read it was "a duck knows it's a duck."
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
[at] WBC,
Thank you for paying attention. Everyone else has been scared to the point of silence in this place. If you want to see where this all began, read the story "My companion Alex". Here's the link:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=16528

Jav
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Brit,

I agree... For all of the disclaimers and guidelines this site incorporates, it ought to have one that warns O/P's and commentors about the risks involved in revealing your vulnerabilities through your experiences, and that there is the possibility that those supporting you could have motives alterior to the intent of the site.

Nobody trolls for no reason. We may all have our usernames to hide behind, but it doesn't take long to figure out individual character... And who is just playing one.

Lou
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Lou: I don't give a crap about advertising dollars... I like the boring days when no body is on and I don't feel the need to explain myself to regulars who THINK they're being victimized, ganged up on, and who need to be reminded of the "Comments Guidelines"...You're right, drama brings viewership, but I for one, can do without it, thank you very much 😆 😆
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
can't argue with that, Lou. I am a bit concerned though because some of the points raised really did seem plausible, and I am sure there probably are teenage girls using this site. You only have to flick on the news to see weekly how easy it is for naive teens to be duped over the internet. It's not my place to say, I'm sure, but it does seem more effort is put into "point scoring" against posters who disagree with the mods, rather than monitoring exactly who is posting what stories and whether they are genuine or could have alterior motives. But then I have never moderated a website, so what would I know?

Read previous comments

New comments for this story have been disabled

Search this site: