You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Presence In The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

A Presence In The Attic

 

I would like to share an experience that has been recurring for some time now in our house and always on the same floor, the attic. The attic has a couple of rooms with a laundry area and a big balcony for hanging clothes and such. There are two ways to get to the balcony, one is coming from the laundry area and the second one is from the hallway and also there is a door to the hallway from the laundry area.

This happened last year. I don't remember the exact date but it was on my day off and it was a sunny beautiful morning. We had a live in help during that time that worked with my mom. My mom is always busy so she needed the help. Now the help, we'll just call her "Jen", just finished doing her laundry and it was now my turn. While I was in the middle of doing my laundry it happened. I could feel that someone was at the hallway so I turned around and I saw someone go through the door to the balcony. I only saw the left leg since it was the last thing going through. I though it was Jen checking on the clothes so I called out to her to check if she needed any help, but as I got to the balcony there wasn't anyone there. I could have sworn that it was her since the leg was female and was wearing black leggings with a design on the end of it and gray shoes which were the same clothes Jen was wearing. It creeped me out so I went to check where she was only to find out that she was in the kitchen on the 1st floor the whole time I was doing my laundry. I didn't tell her about it since she's really scared of those things especially the one in her room but that's another story. So I just shrugged it off and continued with my laundry.

I would still see the silhouette of a woman on our attic from time to time but the weird part is it seems to be changing clothes. I can feel that it's the same presence but it was wearing different clothes. Sometimes I would see it with a dress or leggings and always the lower half so it's weird.

The house is not that old and we just finished building it in 2002 so I wonder why is she here and always at the attic?

Thanks for reading! ^_^

Other hauntings by Elgin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elgin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MyleneAunzo (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
Maybe they are stylish doppelgangers.

They don't want to miss the trend so they are copying on what you guys were wearing.

God Bless.
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Thanks for the comments guys!

Sds, the apparition wasn't evil or anything but it just bugged me as to why it would change clothes and why it was there in our attic but I will try to keep track of it and hopefully I can see more of it too so I can figure out what it really is.

Cheers! ^_^
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
Hi Elgin, I go with LillyPieLindsay, it could be residual haunting. Just maintain a journal and like JennZ I also never heard of any ghost changing clothes. Initially I thought it was the Doppelganger of Jen but that she left, my only thinking is that it could be residual. Keep the journal and maintain the timing, date of whenever you see the entity. Keep us posted of any developments. But you have not explained any negative aspects and so I do not think it is anything evil.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
Hm, I'm not quite too sure what to make of this experience. I would have to see these events myself, so I can give better advice. I will say that I enjoyed the story though, and thanks for sharing.

JS aka Brandon
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
LillyPie you do have a point there and it could be a possibility but the odd thing is Jen doesn't work for my mom anymore and I still see this presence even after she left and "it" still changes clothes, so it is really a mystery to me on who or what this presence is.
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
Maybe it was a residual haunting of Jen - there are many stories here of hauntings of the living, so to speak, where the "ghost" is of someone that's not dead. (I say this because you mentioned that from what you saw it was dressed like her) Maybe for whatever reason your attic is just very impressionable and is taking and replaying snapshots of real life, if that makes any sense.
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
That is deff strange... I never heard of a ghost changing clothes before...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: