You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Don't Come Back

Real Ghost Stories

Don't Come Back

 

I had just finished work, it was about 3 am by the time I got out of there. After saying my goodbyes I decided to start walking home.

Normally the walk would take about 60 minutes, but if I cut through the local graveyard it cuts around 20 minutes off the walk. Having done this numerous times during the day I had no real hesitation at first, but after about 5 minutes I had that feeling I was not welcome there so I started walking faster just trying to ignore the feeling.

What I heard and saw next I really cannot explain. At first I heard faint crying so I stopped and listened and I turned to the direction it was coming from. From what I could make out, as it was about 30 feet away, coming out of the darkness was a man holding out his hand towards me and crying.

I started to back up trying to keep my eye on the spirit, which I assume it was. Anyway, finally making it out, three words came into my head... "Don't come back."

If anyone has a idea what I could have experienced, let me know. I have had numerous things happen but I am still no expert. It would be nice if anyone could tell me what I encountered that night, and also if it's possible for spirits to follow you home and if I should be worried.

I have had activity in my house which started a few days after my encounter: doors closing and opening; I have heard my name being whispered in my ear at night and now my dog, which loved to live in the house, will not step foot in here anymore. I have had friends stay the night and leave early in the morning because they say someone is watching them sleep.

That's about all that has happened so far. Any advice or help will be much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ryder82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

earthangel0410 (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
House blessing! By a PRIEST I know from experience. My Ex bought something dark with him when we got together and if your dog is scared then that should tell you something. If you get your house blessed it needs to be by a priest or Deacon from the church. If you do have them bless your house have them bless your animals too.
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hi ryder82,
It was 100% a ghost. If it were a human it should have come to you as its good to have a companion while walking in such eerie places.
Take some professional help if you face any problem in cleansing method said by rook.
Take care and be happy.
Z_K_O_I
bluemoon94 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hello Ryder82. I am sorry to hear about this. The cleansing method room gave you should help get any negativity from the home. I also believe apologizing for whatever disrespect you could have given the spirit when crossing the graveyard should help. Thank you for sharing.
Good luck,

BlueMoon
ryder82 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
hi sds first to clarify I heard the word's in my head it wasn't like someone was standing next to you and whispered in your ear you can tell the différance they just came into my head which I believe what rook said may be a warning. As for telling my friends I told my girlfriend first she thought I was just trying to scare her until 2 nights later she stared having the same experience as me in the house
ryder82 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
thank you rook for responding I will try your cleansing method hopefully it will have a positive result
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
Rook, I was going to 'copy and paste' your method of cleansing but he had already done it. Thanks Rook, you reduced my work.

Ryder82, I am still confused about "Don't come back" words coming to your mind. Were those the words that were uttered by the spirit or you thought it was communicating that way? Please clarify.

Did you actually talk to your friends regarding their experience in the house apart from being watched. Do you have any other activity at home. Please keep us informed of any further details.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
Its possible that a spirit attached itself to you and while it may not be negative you may want to conduct a cleansing to ensure nothing has. There is a theory that graveyards have guardians and perhaps this is what you encountered and he 'sent' a spirit to ensure you got his message... Who knows for sure.

You may wish to say something out loud, possibly apologize for whatever 'offense' you may have done while using your shortcut. Fell free to try this as well, it may help...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: