You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Keep Seeing Something Out Of The Corner Of My Eye?

Real Ghost Stories

I Keep Seeing Something Out Of The Corner Of My Eye?

 

We just moved to Moultrie and found a wonderful home and the rent is more than reasonable. $575 a month for a 4 bedroom 3 bath. From the moment we moved in we felt welcome but watched. I immediately had this uncontrollable urge to fix this beautiful old house back up but in its original state. I assume from the way the it looks, we are fixing up a house that dates back to perhaps the 1930s or 40s.

It is made for a large family. Downstairs the children's rooms are made to have two kids per room. There is a parlor area, den, kitchen, guest bathroom, and the sunroom is an addition. There is also a master bedroom and bathroom downstairs. The upstairs was added onto. This is the attic, separated from the attic is 4th bedroom and 3rd bath.

I have been seeing sudden movement out of the corner of my eye. I have noticed that there are different forms of this movement. I can actually make out an older and younger woman. Also an older and younger man and from time to time children. My daughter sees them too, which makes me feel much less crazy.

So far we have felt approval in the restoration of this beauty. We are trying to actually keep it original to its time period. I just feel that this is important and have no idea why.

One thing unusual that happens is we will put something down and it goes missing and turns up later in another spot. I have a spot for all of my charms and this one had been missing from its spot. It turned up a couple of weeks later but laying neatly across my daughter's pillow. When we seen this, we put it back on the fireplace and I went back to my room and sat down on my bed. A few moments later I seen the younger woman standing near where I had replaced the charm (of course out of the corner of my eye.) I then looked straight at the area and the charm was sort of being held straight out parallel to the floor. This sent chills throughout my body. My daughter was sitting in the bed facing me and I was trying not to act unusual but I did get up and go retrieve the charm after the charm had been let go. I then went and sat back on the bed without telling my daughter what happened, and all of a sudden she straightened up and said, "Mom, is there someone behind me?" The young woman had come to the entrance of the hall area and I actually seen her full apparition.

There has also been physical contact. The older man pinched my bottom while I was bending over doing something. Call me unusual but this did not scare me. I actually found it a little funny.

My son has also began talking to himself more than ever. It is almost as if he sees and talks to another child. I'm not talking about in an imaginary friend way but actually seeing and conversing, answering this other child back.

This is our story. We do not feel that we are in danger but have been told by neighbors that no one lives here for long because of activity in this home. I have fallen in love with the home and hope to be accepted by this family that everyone seems to be so afraid of.

I am currently trying to get more information on this house but I have no idea where to start. I just hope that this family that is in a different plain of existence is happy with us restoring their house as close to what they were used to and lived in for so long.

Thank you for taking time to read our story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crs1331, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

write1 (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
I sometimes do not realize my misspellings all of the time. So very apologetic. Everything has been so blown out of proportion with the comments, I tried to get things back on track. Miracles, I am sorry for misspelling your name twice.

When I realized that I had done that I corrected it the third time. I have other things to do than to judge others due to misspelling or otherwise.

I leave with love in my heart and the knowledge that what is done to others good or bad, ALWAYS finds its way back. This is true karma.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+6
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Merlyn - if those sites look better to you, then please, feel free to grace them with your presence 😐
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
write1 - this will be my last question/comment to you. Twice, when speaking to me, you've misspelled my name. Yet this last time, when speaking in reference to me, you spell it correctly. These are the things I find interesting. As I said, this will be my last question/comment to you, so you don't even have to respond.
Merlyn9394 (guest)
-3
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Granny,
Thanx for the linx... The sites are good, or even better.

Ft
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
LOL! Well, the reason I remember that thread is because I made some very dear friendships while interacting with that bunch of LOONIES! 😆

We had a blast, and if you ever get bored, try to make it through. Start with the last page first and go from there. Guaranteed giggle-feast! 😆

Also, just goes to show we're not as up tight as Hotrod/Merlyn thinks 😆
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Wishful - can I have my minute back with interest? Please? 😉
Merlyn9394 (guest)
-4
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
[at] scarllettesnowe,
I agree with you a 100
Percent.Where has humour gone. People here seem to so you know what. Hotrods interlude was so hillarious.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Whoa! 😲 Haha, you are right Granny! Lol... Ok, Leave it to the mods to know comment sections like the backs of their hands! I bow to you... I have no idea how you can keep so many stories straight! (maybe all that corn is good for the memory...) 😆

Consider yourself, the Countess of Comments! Lol... ❤

...wow, I'm in rare form tonight... I apologize to all the people reading this...I'm afraid there's 1 minute of your life you'll never get back. Hope it was amusing, at least!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
WishfulNull: I think this one has it beat:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9151

😆 😆 😆
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Longest...comment section...EVER...😉
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+9
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
scarlettsnowe,
I don't have mind reading abilities and I don't think I want it because I will drive myself crazy. Let's put it this way, everyone has a right to their opinions and when I said I was speaking on behalf of everyone, I meant those who took offence to the poster's comments (weather it be the poster, her husband, or her daughter).

But tell me, wouldn't you have said something similar. Then again, you don't have to agree to everything I have to say.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
[at] Geetha, wow, you must have some wondrous mind-reading abilities to believe that you are speaking for EVERYONE on this site. I, for one, think the whole situation got overblown and just want to get back to the ghost-stories. The thing between Hotrod and CRS's daughter, while a distraction, was harmless and stupid. Nobody should have reacted to it. I, for one, found it funny when I found out it was her daughter it. It was hilarious. Just because we take the subject matter we're talking about seriously does not mean we should be taking ourselves and each other so seriously. I think we all should behave more peaceably towards each other and not let these things get to us so much.

Blessed be.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
http://www.secondhand-souls-4occult.com/write-your-ghost-story.html

Http://www.ghoststudy.com/ghost_stories.html

Http://ghostsnghouls.com/share-your-true-ghost-story/

There are plenty of other sites in addition to the ones listed (and besides YGS) that accept ghost stories. You may find a more suitable audience elsewhere.
write1 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
S_Bell (DELETED USER)

Thank you geetha50,

I have been doing just that although some things are uncomfortable. I came forward with the truth about my daughter and the spiritual experiences surrounding her negativity. I am and have been coming clean as and have been actively trying to gain everyone's trust by telling every detail.

My husband was telling the truth, I do write books and articles about both positive and negative websites. I do not plan to write anything about this website. My husband went on the offensive because I now have a cast on my left arm and another on my right leg. He just wanted to defend me.

Yes as you noticed I went back to the last name I had under this website, deleted the other I created. This way there is no more confusion.

The only reason I chose different names is because I was under the impression that this is what I needed to do.

My daughter did in fact get on my site, we have Norton which automatically fills in log in information. I know this is how she gained access. This hotrod character really got under my skin, my daughter and he took over my story and turned it into, for lack of a better word as Miracles put it BS.

I WANT to be part of your forum so badly but I would like a proper chance PLEASE. I have apologized and I apologize for EVERYTHING. I have been trying so very hard to just tell you guys the truth about all of the spiritual activity and how they react to my daughter.

I did say that my wheelchair situation is temporary. Last year I had surgery on my left foot, two weeks ago the right foot. We have two wheelchairs, one for upstairs and one for downstairs (which is an automatic wheel chair), I am truly unable to walk with the exception of a few steps with crutches. This is difficult for me since my left foot is still not up to par.

The spirits have been very helpful and I did not have a clue that spirits can be so powerful as to move a wheelchair. This SCARES me.

I beg you all to forgive me every one of you PLEASE, PLEASE forgive me for what happened. It is my fault, even with my daughter getting on the website. Now I am begging, apologizing and just telling you I NEED to understand these spirits and their intentions.

Has one of them possessed my daughter?!? Is this why she has become so much more aggressive? I do not know. I pray every night to my GOOD LORD in Heaven above to send me a sign and tell me what to do.

Again I apologize from the bottom of my heart and I don't know what else to do to prove myself to each of you and everything was fine until she pulled her crap, every since that happened I just feel totally unaccepted by this forum and well pretty much hated.

Again, I do apologize and I ask that you will all accept the apologies PLEASE. I BEG you ALL, PLEASE.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Wolf whistles, cheers, and a standing ovation to geetha50! ❤ 😉
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+11
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
S_Bell (or whoever you are),

When I read your story initially, I truly believed what you were experiencing was paranormal (I think you still are) and I wanted to make comments but I didn't get a change to.

I think I am speaking on behalf of all the posters here when I say this. Your latest posts and your story maybe true but it is really hard to believe after what has happened. First you say that your 13 year old daughter posted on your story under your name without your knowledge (which might be true because it has happened before) and then you and your husband go on the offence and say that it was a setup just to get a high from all the posters so you can publish a book about our practices on the site. When we ask about the two books that were already published, your husband said it was under a pen name (which is fine) but wouldn't provide further details. Can you see where this is going?

Then there is this thing with granny. You know from the bottom of your heart that granny wasn't stalking you and that of all the posts from her only half of the posts were addressed to you and they were simply questions to answer (and may I remind you, you didn't give a proper answer?).

I don't know remember which but in one of the posts you mentioned that most posters stick together. You want to know something? Yes, we do. BUT it doesn't happen overnight. We share stories, answer questions and overtime we become to trust each other (although many times we haven't met in person). I have been a long time reader before joining the site and started posting my stories and like everyone else, I had to answer the questions by the posters because I might have left something out or they didn't understand something because of the way I wrote it or because of my religious believes and faith. If I had taken offence to everything every poster said, there would have a been a big fight and I wouldn't have lasted as long.

You have to understand that when you post a story or stories, there are going to be questions from the posters. The reason being (like I mentioned above) the way you wrote your story, you might have left something out, or if you are of a different faith or religious believe than the others, you are going to be asked questions. I am a business graduate and one of my professors for my Organizational Behaviour class said that he prefers to talk face to face than though email and other forms of writing. The reason is because although you are saying the same thing as what you are writing, people can take a different view of it when it's on paper and when it's in person you can read the person's face and actually tell what the person really means when he is saying something.

This site like many others are forums to share and learn but unfortunately we can't do it in person and it's only in written form. When a poster writes something it might look offence but most often than not it isn't and we ask questions because we want to learn.

From the beginning, if you answered our questions and cut the bull crap about threatening to publish our posts, changing your username (telling us that the webmaster told you to) and giving answers that contradicted each other, we would have believed you. And another thing, if you hadn't changed your user id so often and stuck with the original user id and fought hard to make us believe what you are saying now and what happened before rather then changing your name and putting everyone down without answering our questions directly, we would have believed you.

Right now you are trying to play nice after all the stuff you said and that my friend is really hard to digest. I know everyone has their bad day and they go off on the one they love and trust but don't think you can simply go back to that one time of trust without fixing the damage. With all the stuff you, your husband, and daughter said, it is really hard for us poster to believe what you are saying (even if it's true).

Simply, if you had been forthcoming about everything from the beginning and had cut the crap, then we would have believed you. So with the wheelchair thing and your daughter beating you up and you breaking your arm, it is really hard to believe because of all the crap you said before.

So here is what you have to do, if you want us to be start believing you again:

(1) Stopping changing your name. We will find out some how because you will bite your tongue trying to be different.

(2) Right now with all the information you have provided us from the beginning, we don't know which ones are true and which ones are false (but we know not everything is true). Prove it. In your latest post, you mentioned that you didn't feel right about enclosing all of your personal information. Darling, this is a forum you are telling everyone about your personal experience and if you don't feel right about sharing your information then you shouldn't have come here in the first place. But trust and respect is a two way street, if you show us the trust and respect, we will show you the trust and respect in return and that will never do away.

(3) From now on, it is going to be really hard for us to trust you and saying something true is NOT going to make us believe you. If you want us to believe what you are saying is true than you have to be patient and answer our questions straight on (even if it's difficult)

(4) If you can't handle what I said above and you CAN'T stand all the questionings from the posters to ALL of your stories and posts (and it will happen). Then I suggest that you respective cancel your account and back out. If you are planning on going to another site like ours, I, on behalf of this website, wish you the best of luck. But I will leave you with a bit of advise, if you are going to do this. Don't do what you did here on those sites.

Good Luck!
S_Bell (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Miricles,
I do apologize for anything that I have done. I am trying to stick to the paranormal. There is truly a lot going on in my home paranormally.

I apologized to everyone. I have tried to make amends but I guess this is not good enough. You wanted to know so I told you the entire thing with my daughter.

You are the first that has asked me to explain a post since I apologized.

I have been sticking to the rules, its okay, you know you don't have to read my posts just skip them by.

Is this not a good site to speak of the paranormal?
I have been trying to tell you everything. I do apologize, but you wanted to know.

In the future just skip me by please because there are a lot of things going on in my house and I would like to continue along with the paranormal.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+7
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
S_bell - I think you should quit while you are ahead. Your story is just getting more and more ridiculous, as your comments are proving. Please, for your own sake, stop. Are you really reading what you are writing?

A great friend of mine shared something on facebook that I just have to share here because this is how I feel. At the risk of having my mod rights suspended, I feel it's worth it.

And here we go: "Just because I appear to believe your bullsh*t, doesn't mean I'm as stupid as you think I am. I'm just laughing inside and waiting to see what else you come up with."
S_Bell (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Miricles, I did give her two good pops but it is for more that causing trouble on the website. Everything was going haywire, She was escorted in the night before drunk by the police after she was just 'going out with a girlfriend."

The spirits started getting a little aggressive within moments of her walking through the door so her cell phone was already taken due to underage drinking while the police were here. This is why she got on the site to get back at me.

The following day she came upstairs to get her cell phone back, I got myself up on my crutches to tell her no. She slapped me. This was right after I had found out about what she had done on this site, I did get the paddle and gave her two pops and as I said she's bigger and stronger than me, I am 4ft 11in and weigh 105lbs.

I got into my wheelchair to get myself downstairs and while I was transferring myself to the chair lift she pushed me down the stairs. It broke my arm. I clarified that I am temporarily wheelchair bound due to having tendons and ligaments replaced through cadaver donations following that post. I had the surgery 2 weeks ago.

She went to her room which has no lock and could not get out. I wonder if our spirits are responsible for this too. The door opened only when her father came home.

When her dad came home he gave her the true paddling, He called the cops and now she is in Greenleaf. I did not want family business exposed but I did put it out there, maybe you have some suggestions and now you know the entire story behind her paddling.

The spirits have calmed, but it is because she is getting treatment away from the house, I am at my wits end. I know this is a site for the paranormal but do you have any suggestions concerning an overly aggressive 5ft 6in child that throws her mother around like a rag doll?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
S_bell - I've tried to stay out of the mix, but when there are contradicting comments that make me go, "Huh?" well, I just have to ask myself why. Since I don't have the answers, I'm presenting them to you.

This is pulled from one of your comments, and I do quote, "crs1331 (guest) 2013-04-25 (4 days ago) I took her cell phone privileges, she is on restriction and I put a paddle to her bottom. And I am still upset with her so she needs to stay away from me for a bit because I love this site and she has almost ruined it for me. GRRRR Mad"

But your most recent comment states, and again I quote so there is no misunderstanding, "This is why her father paddled."

Surely you can see why, after all the name changes, as well as the identity changes, we'd get a little "confused" to say the least.

Added to the fact that not once did you mention you were wheelchair bound. Not that anyone expects you too, but to just now drop that in seems... I don't know. Not sure how I feel about that honestly.
S_Bell (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Redwolf, I do want to clarify that I am temporarily in a wheelchair, I recently had surgery to replace all tendons and ligaments through cadaver donation.

I believe this is why the spirits became so attached to me. I have noticed the they will actually move my wheelchair which is strange to me. I go to bed with it folded and pushed up to the wall next to me, then I wake up with it open and next to the bed.

My husband does this for me when he is home, when he is not home, this is still done for me and NOT by my daughter. She is not the helpful type of teen, that is unless she wants something.
S_Bell (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Redwolf, Thank you for your advice on the paddling. Our spirits had started giving her a hard time for the grief she has been causing. They do not like negativity and my daughter had physically attacked me, then wrote all of that rubbish to get at me even more.
She is much taller and stronger than me. I am also disabled, wheelchair bound. This is why her father paddled. After that, all has been calm.

I do not write my books on posts just the websites themselves. I do not plan on writing a book on this website just to let you know. I need help and advice on what we experience. This is a wonderful community to come to for just that.

Again Thank you
S_Bell
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
write1
May I give you a piece advice? If you are writing a book please let readers know from the start. Another poster had written a story then at the end said that people could buy her fist book on Amazon. This upset me and some others because we felt duped.
You may not have received many responses which you can't use in your book anyway because you may only use your story. Comments from other people is owned by YGS. You also would not have gotten so many negative responses.
Your story is a good one. I enjoyed it. Don't anger any spirits by paddling your daughter. If a spirit is especially fond or protective of her you may anger it. I have witnessed on several occasions that negative emotions attract negative energy.
Regards
RedWolf
S_Bell (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
I do plan on cancelling this particular account. I will hope for a fresh start among the community. I do want to keep up with the questions concerning my story and answer as they come along, it will just be from a new account that I set up. I do apologize to everyone and hope for forgiveness. My most sincere apologies to granny. I was very upset and I took it out on you. Please forgive me.

Casper, there is an entire family of spirits in this house, I am amazed that we have not been given a hard time. The worst things that have happened is the pinch and charms from my jewelry making that comes up missing. I do appreciate your interest.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
S_bell, you don't have to aplogise, I see nothing wrong with the name changes (except for a certain 1). All is good.

I was thinking your hubby would be more inclined to give a grab alright! 😆
S_Bell (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Casper I am sorry about the name change again yet again. I want to begin a new account accidentally put in the old email. It will be taken care of shortly

This spirit is a spunky older German man. He also said in a deep voice "Good Job". I was re-caulking the century old ceramic tile when this happened. My husband likes to grab, he does pinch from time to time but mostly my husband likes a handful. 😳 The apparitions that I do see will stand there for a moment or two before swishing off. 😲. Thank you so much!
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Thank for replying write1.
Does your husband usually give you an ole pinch from time to time? 😆 Prehaps you missed him and created the feeling in your mind? Or maybe you do infact have a ghost who likes to play rough. Not ruling out any possibilities here!

Well my blurs are either black or white, big or small. I haven't yet mastered the ability of distinguishing their gender or age just yet! 😉
write1 (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
You see the same sort of blurs and things swishing by, This is exactly what we are experiencing. Thank you so much!
write1 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Thank you,

It was just a pinch, I thought it was my husband at first.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Ok write1 when you've just about finished talking to yourself- you really need to get that multiple nickname disorder sorted out pronto!

I'm always intrigued by accounts involving corners of eyes and how much detail a corner of an eye can take. If I saw something this way, it would always be a blur/flash. Maybe I'm built differently.

This unseen being pinched your bum? Was it a big grab or tiny pinch? Sorry just curious.

*In my best Columbo voice* And just one more thing before you go, What's a paddle? 😲

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: