You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Boyfriend's Dad

Real Ghost Stories

My Boyfriend's Dad

 

My boyfriend has the extraordinary gift/curse of communicating with spirits. Just one of his many gifts! He has the ability to see into your past and feeling your emotions (empathy ability). No doubt he has been richly blessed with all of this.

Now, about a month ago (end of January beginning February) we were sitting discussing our respective father's and their ways. When we were sitting in our room, he all of a sudden asked me if I wanted to speak to his dad. And said something along the lines of "Adb, meet my dad"

Ok, now just to be clear, I believe in spirits always have and always will. But this freaked me out a little. Being "introduced" to my boyfriend's dad just that suddenly, not even knowing that person was even there. I got this feeling of fear, I don't understand this, but I believe it was the suddenness of the introduction that caused this fear to happen.

He all of a sudden asked me: "Why are you afraid?"

Now I did not know how to respond to this, because I was thrown into a confused state and my function of brain to mouth forming words ability suddenly left me. He quickly closed off everything and has kept quiet about it.

How does a person respond to being introduced to your spouse's non-living parents? Without any warning whatsoever that the person/persons are even present? Rhetorical question I know, but I did not handle it well, and it gets extremely difficult to "hide" your emotions to an empath that can pick up every and all emotion that you have.

I have come to the conclusion just to accept it. I have all these questions I want to ask him because he was extremely close to his dad. But will only ask when I am ready to receive the answers. At this moment in time I am not ready yet and just take comfort in the fact that our respective fathers are watching over us and guiding us.

Other hauntings by Adb0423

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Adb0423, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Adb0423 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
sds: I know this sounds so very untrue its not even funny. I did not feel a presence at that stage.

Rook: I have spoken to my boyfiend about it, and he does understand. He understands how I feel about it, and is not forcing the issue at this stage, we are open about it and he let's me know these days when there are any presences in our flat, this is something I have requested from him so I don't get caught off guard again.

Bluemoon: He does not see it as a gift, but as a curse. And being with him I do understand that he sees it like this. I view it as a gift and a curse, he is more open to the paranormal world and through this has given me the greatest gift I could have asked for. Letting me know that my father is still there.
bluemoon94 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hello Adb0423. I very much enjoyed this story. It is understandable that this would scare you and catch you off guard. Like rook said, if you explain that to him he should definitely understand. I am very interested in your boyfriends ability as well. He is very gifted. Thank you for sharing your story. 😊

Good luck to you,

BlueMoon
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Spirit Mediums like John Edwards 'channel' spirits and 'give' messages from spirits of the 'dead'. Adb0423's boyfriend may have been doing something like that... Speaking with the Spirit of his Father who wanted to 'meet' his sons girlfriend. In that situation a presence would NOT have been felt.

I must say however it wasn't very 'polite' of your boyfriend to suddenly 'SPRING' that on you. You should talk to him about it, explain that it made you uncomfortable because you were not ready for it, nor did you know how to respond. I'm sure you didn't mean any disrespect, nor to hurt your boyfriends feelings, but the suddenness of his offer caught you 'off guard' and even scared you just a bit.

If you take the time to explain it to him I'm sure he will understand.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hi Adb0423, even though I have a lot of paranormal encounters, this narrative appears to be strange to me. But I would like to ask one question. Except that you felt scared or fear engulfing you, did you feel any presence of anything other than you and your boy friend. Anything you felt at that point of time like someone being present or being watched anything like that. But why you can't ask your boy friend? It is just like asking about something you don't know. It does not matter if he is close to his dad. You are just asking him to clarify and not to offend him.

But, still introducing a person to a spirit is quite strange to me and until now have not come across. If others enlighten me about this aspect, I would be grateful. I always rely on Rook. Would you please Rook try to throw some light on this aspect.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: