You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost In My Car?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Car?

 

I bought a new car and I had my cross hanging from the mirror. One day I found the cross on the floor. The cross was not broken, and I was the only person that had keys to the car.

I found it to be really odd because you would need to lift the metal cross and leather string it was hanging from to get it off the mirror. About 6 months later I found the cross wrapped around the mirror as if the car had rolled several times. It isn't possible to have this happen from driving. The cross has weight to it and it would physically have to be lifted to wrap several times around the mirror. This time I started to get concerned about what could make this cross move like this. I kind of blew it off thinking the previous owner was a Buddhist and he didn't appreciate my Christianity. Lol...

I moved about a year later and the same thing happened at my new house. I considered putting up a camera to catch it on film but I never got around to it.

A year or so later I was with my twin on vacation and we were in her new Porsche and we stopped for lunch and when we came back out to the car her cross had done the same thing.

We were both taken aback but just dismissed it. Its been about 8 months and she just called me to tell me it has happened again when the car was in her garage. At this point I am really wondering what is going on. Seriously? Time after time.

I am a believer and she is deep into her faith. I would like to know if anyone has had something like this happen that can shed some light on it. No pun intended.

Melinda A.

Atlanta, Ga

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melindaalex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IdleFriday (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Hi Melinda,

The same exact thing has been happening to me. I signed up here so I could reply to you. I have a metal cross necklace and a turtle necklace hanging from my rearview mirror. They both are being flipped / wrapped around my mirror and today when I turned a corner they "fell" off and onto the floor. I thought they had broke and fell off, but when I picked them up they were both still clasped and 100% intact. I'm kind of freaked out that both our crosses were treated the same way... I mean they could have been swung, tied, bounced, etc. So why flipped and why lifted off? There is no way going over bumps caused this... And yes I tested it and tried to do it myself both by driving over several bumps and by swinging them with my hands... Physics require the necklaces be both lifted and maneuvered to end up like they did.
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Every once in a while I can an overwhelming smell of cigar smoke in make car. I don't smoke and my boyfriend doesn't smoke in my car nor does he smoke cigars. I think my ghost comes along for a joyride sometimes.

Er, what was the pun?

Best Fanny ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
So much time has passed between these events I'm a little surprised you seem so concerned about it. It doesn't really seem that worrisome, but I'm so used to weird I'm a lousy judge of such things. 😳
I have a silver dolphin on a short chain on my mirror, and normal driving causes it to bounce and move around. Leaving the bank parking lot today, my dolphin swung all the way around the mirror a few times because the driveway is crazy steep and my car bounced a little getting back on the road. What I'm trying to say is, could your driving around made your cross move and you didn't notice it at the time?
I also notice that you said the cross was on a leather cord. I've had car charms on leather cords and metal chains, and it seems like the leather cords are more likely to get wrapped and tangled than the chains. Especially long cords. My suggestion for you and your sister is to get a short chain for your crosses, maybe a 6-8 inch or so length.
Just out of curiosity, is there anything else going on that would make your and your sister's car charms seem significant? Any other possible paranormal activity?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Interesting! Since you have a twin, did you two get the crosses from the same place, person? It could be the crosses themselves have energy attached to them from the manufacturer or the shop it was sold from. If not, and this is happening in the family (you and your twin), it could be a spirit attached to your family making itself know to you both for whatever reason. Also think about it being kinetic energy sent from your twin and visy versa. So many possibilities! I like the idea of keeping a log and writing down events that happened in the days that it occurred or immd before, and after.
Thanks for sharing!:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Hello melindaalex, welcome to YGS. I would like to advise you to just note down the events that happened or if you can recollect what happened whenever you have seen the cross on the floor or when it got wrapped around the mirror. Anything, good or bad, if it had happened, perhaps that could give us some clue. Also I agree with Rook, something is trying to draw your attention or to make you feel its presence. That could also be one of the reasons.

But still try to maintain a journal and note down the events before or after you see these unexplained things. Please inform us if you could find out anything in this regard.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
lady-glow has made an interesting point and it has merit. Another possibility is that a spirit is simply trying to make its presence know. Another is this... Think back... What was happening to you at the times the cross moved? Heavenly Father may have been trying to focus your attention on things you were thinking of at that moment in time.

Just a couple of ideas as you did not mention any 'ill' feelings when these events happened... A thought however... Did you or your twin experience any accidents right after you noticed these things?

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Welcome to YGS.

Some time ago I had a similar experience with a rosary that used to hang from the rear-view mirror in my car; I asked a healer if he knew what could this mean.
He explained to me that religious objects have the ability to attract and "capture" negative energies that otherwise would get attached and harm the person owning the object, in this case your cross.

Perhaps something bad was coming on your way and the cross "took the blow" and that was what made it fall?

Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: