You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Cat

 

I am 17 and live on a farm in New Zealand and have recently had a stray cat show up at my house and made its self at home. My mum took the cat to the neighbours to see if it was their's and she got told it was his flat mates cat who had died the week before. I saw the story in the news paper and he was in his early 20s and was cutting down a tree when it fell on him. The person at the house didn't want to keep the cat so we are looking after it for now.

Since this cat has moved in we have been experiencing weird things, so far nothing extremely scary has happened but it is pretty weird. A few nights ago the tv in our living room randomly turned on at around 2:00am when no one was up and it woke me up so I got up and turned it off and had a check to see if anyone was up, they weren't. The next night we were having dinner and the microwave turned itself on, my mum got up to turn it off and came back to the table then 20 seconds later it turned on again so she turned it of again. A minute later it happened again so she turned it of and left the door open so it didn't happen again.

Nothing like this has happened for a few days now but I am starting to get scared some nights at home. I'm wondering if there is anything paranormal happening in my house but there could be an explanation for all of this. Does anyone know if these are signs of paranormal activity? And if they could be related to the cat moving in? I would appreciate any help or advice in the comments. And if you were wondering if I had any connection to the cats old owner he worked with my cousin and the owner died on his work site close to my house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghost772, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghost772 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Thanks for all the help, I think you may right about the electrical problems and cat coming at the same time may have just been a coincidence and since the post not much had happened so I think whatever was happening has stopped now.
R4ch3l12 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Hey, I agree with the other people who have commented here to some extent. Do make sure you have the electrical connections checked, being afraid can play some terrible tricks with your mind. I see things at my Dad's house, but he lives in the middle of nowhere and I am all too aware of the possibility of this just being due to me being in an old, dark, creepy house.

If you do get the electrics checked and nothing is amiss then you can rule this out. I see dark shapes moving around my Dad's house, sometimes human in nature, sometimes in the form of animals we have lost. It has been suggested to me that these anomalies may be due to guardians keeping an eye on the house. Perhaps there may be a possibility of someone having unfinished business, or it could simply be a feeling of lingering responsibility this gentlemen who passed on had to look after his cat. I know that if I passed on and became a spirit I would want to attach myself to something comforting and familiar. Who knows?
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hey there! As said by SDS, you should check your house for proper electrical connection. You can even ask your neighbours if they face the same problem. Plus if there are any ex-owners of your house, if you can, try asking them if they experienced the same. Even after all this if you still don't get a positive answer, I guess its the cat who has bought the spirit of his actual owner to your place, who was basically very much fond of his cat. Keep us updated. Thanks.
-Shady
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hello Ghost772, we will first rule out electrical possibilities. Why don't you have the wires checked and if there are any connection problems, such things could happen. Once you rule out those possibilities, then we have to concentrate on paranormal. Please check those things to out and then try to observe. Maintain a journal, if such activities recur.

Well, if it still happens, then you can speak out loud that you acknowledge the entity's presence and ask it to respect your space and not to disturb you. Try to be respectful when you speak. It might work. I do not know how to comment about the presence of the cat. Perhaps, the person, who died was fond of the cat and that is why might have come back to just see. Just a theory. If you have eliminated other aspects and still if you feel uncomfortable, then do away with the cat and you can leave her in the safe hands of Blue Cross.

Please keep us posted of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
I don't think! I think you're only imagining things... Just pray and feel good! It happens at my home as well no biggie:)
Stay blessed:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: