You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The First Time

Real Ghost Stories

The First Time

 

I've been seeing ghost since I can remember. So I'm going to start with very first time seeing a ghost and the experiences that my family had as well in the same building.

This one I remember specifically being in a big red apartment on High St. My brother and I shared a room; however, my brother would always sneak to the living room to sleep. I don't know why but my mother would always sleep in the living room as well especially when my dad, who was working for a trucking company, was away for work.

I had woken up one night, my brother wasn't in there anymore. When I looked out the window there was a man standing there. He didn't say anything. Just stood at my window. The problem was that the building was on a hill and in the backyard (where my window faced) was a six foot drop and my window must've been at least a foot higher. So I ran out to my mom who was laying on the couch watching tv, and told her "Mom, there's a man in my window!" So she took me into my bedroom and sat me on my bed and said, "See there is no man standing in your window" and then I looked at her and said, "But he's right behind you." I had scared my mom out of her wits and she dragged me out of my room and we all slept in the living room.

So my mom told me the rest of these stories about the apartment. She said the fire alarm would go off on its own and that it was one of those ones that were connected to the fire department, so she would call and ask if they heard it and they said no it never went off.

One day my brother and I were sitting in the living room watching Barney and the front door had managed to unlock itself and open (mind you my brother and I were only 3 and 4). So she would freak out on me because I would be the only one in the room who could reach the lock. I guess I swore I didn't do it and this happened a couple times.

Another time was when my uncle was nailing a board in the barn attached to the apartment. He was trying to make it so my brother and I wouldn't get into the barn threw the hole where they used to shove hay threw. Anyway, he went out to smoke after he nailed it up and when he went back in, all of the nails were pulled out and the board was set neatly beside the hole.

My mom did more research because she was getting freaked out and it turns out that the last landlord had hung himself in the barn.

Sorry its so holey but my memory is very rocky, I've had so many experiences that its hard for me to remember every detail of every single one. I try to block them out when I see them. I was able to see them well from the ages of 12-17 and I'd try to turn and walk away instead of talk to them. There's only ever been one recurring ghost, but I'll talk about him later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TannerRae, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
Hi. SmokenMirrors!

I'm not sure my theories are that well -defined. Just that the paranormal in general all seems to revolve around energy.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
Hi elfstone810, That is an interesting theory.

If I've understood it correctly you saying that. Positive and Negative actions can influence the energy in the area. Creating Positive and Negative energies.
Over time these energies run down making the residual haunting/feelings occur less often.

Now if we combine this with Rooks cleansing method which is a positive action used to create positive energy, you would be recharging the positive energy that exists. Essentially recharging the batteries.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
This discussion about positive and negative energy intrigues me. I'm not sure if I can explain why, but I'll try.

I'm very interested in parapsychology as a science --trying to understand how and why this stuff works. There's a lot of emphasis placed on laboratory experiments, but the vast majority of information we have comes from spontaneous human experience. I think the language we choose to describe those experienced is of great importance.

It's been suggested that residual hauntings run down over time. We know that EMF affects people the same way a haunting does. Now you refer to positive and negative influences. This is another example of how often it all seems to come down to energy.

Does any of that make any sense?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-13)
Charly, Amihet, TannerRae,

Granny is correct. A Cleansing is not directed at removing 'any and all spirits' from a home but at exchanging the type of energy in the home.

Negative Energies can 'bind', a 'positive spirit' to a location just as much as they can attract a 'negative spirit' to a location.

Once the atmosphere is changed one may find that those 'positive spirits' that have been near/around them do indeed cross over but this is due to the fact that they can now 'find the way' because the energy flow has changed. Some of these 'positive spirits', once they have crossed over, may even choose to return and watch over loved ones.

So please do not think of a CLEANSING as a means to remove ALL SPIRITS/ENERGIES from a location, but rather as a tool for EXCHANGING negative energy for positive energy. When this happens negative spirits will depart on their own as the environment is no longer 'supportive' of them... Some may resist a bit... But if the Cleansing is repeated on a regular basis they will depart. A 'Shield' can help prevent them from returning as well as keep others at bay.

I have a Cleansing/Shielding Method posted on my profile... I use it for my Home and Family... I use it about every 6 months or so. Others here on site have used it as well. Please, take a look, try it even. You may find it helps you.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-13)
Chary: One thing about cleansings I'd like to make clear is that they don't necessarily get rid of ghosts. The purpose of a cleansing is to clear the negativity from a space or home thereby hopefully removing any reason for entities that thrive on negative environments to hang around. If one continues to have experiences after cleansing, it generally means the spirit/entity is harmless. It's a good start when you're unsure of what type of spirit you're dealing with.
ailly (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-13)
hey!I read your story it was good but why don't you simply shift in any other house and the good thing was that he didn't wanted to hurt any of you! You should do some more research of that landlord 😕
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
I don't think it really matters what it wants. If it's scaring your family and disrupting your home, it's best sent away. That's just my opinion, but when something is making a nuisance of itself it's gotta go. Your family comes first.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
Hey, you are right about the disrespectful banging on the wall because it scared my children. After that episode we had another with the cookie container being throned behind the fridge and the pulling of my husband's hair as he dove and was lodged behind the freezer. Since then things are low keyed but I can still hear movement and sometimes it happens during the day when I am home alone with my dog and 2 cats. Its not that I want this visitor in my home but what does it want? Which I have been too afraid to ask.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
Sorry to go off topic, but...
There is nothing wrong with a cleansing. I do regular cleansings in my home, it hasn't bothered the resident ghosts in any way. It just clears out negative energy. If you have something in your home that would be disturbed by a cleansing, I can't figure out why you would want to keep it around. Cleansings do not harm or disturb peaceful entities/energies, just negative entities/energies. If something is pounding the wall inches from your husband, it clearly has no respect for your family and your home. Cleanse your space in whatever way your belief system uses.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
I agree with Charly- We also have an entity living in our home and I have not cleansed it yet because I want this person to cross over to a peaceful place or heaven. As to who this person is? Could be my mom, or dad or the original owner or owners of the home. I would like to know but I did have an incident where I lost my temper and told this person to leave to cross over to the light or to be with God. It didn't work because a couple weeks later he or she was pounding on the dining room wall mere inches away from my husband. Other incidents have occurred since than and I still hear it but I get the feeling that he or she is being discreetly quiet. I haven't decided as to how I should handle this. I would appreciate your advise. I do have to say this after what I have experienced in the last few years I am a changed person.
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
Thanks for taking my comment into consideration! I am no expert either because I am only 13 but I think it is better to cross them over than to potentially put them in limbo or disrupt their being on this plane of existance. Thanks,

~× (Charly) ×~
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
Charly, glad to know I am one of your favourite posters. Talking of cleansing, well yeah I think you're right and I don't mind being corrected, not an expert you see 😜 So if according to you cleansing is not a good option, I might go with prayers in that case. We can always pray for the spirits to cross over, that sure can be a better thing to do. Thank you so much for correcting me. Respects to you.
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-09)
Shady4u you're one of my favorite posters but I don't think we see quite eye to eye. It doesn't matter though. I don't think that anybody should cleanse a home unless you really need to. I think that it is a very forceful way to rid people of spirits and I find it disrespectful. But all the same, I thank you for sharing your views on this as I'm sure you do me and thank you TannerRae for sharing your story with us!
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-09)
Hey there! It was really a good story. I believe the entity which you've seen was of your previous landlord who just wants his presence to be known, don't think he means any harm. Try getting your home cleansed for good. Thank you.
-Shady

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: