You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Strange Cat

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Cat

 

I first saw this cat when my friends and I where ghost searching with no results. As we put down a phone to get recordings of one area of our block while we searched another, a cat suddenly just appeared in front of us. At first we thought it was Whiton (a neighborhood cat) I soon realized I could see right through it (plus it also had this weird glow to it). It looked at me and then ran into the bushes and disappeared.

A few weeks pass and nothing happens. Then I start seeing my cats in rooms that they're not and random cats running through my house. After a while my mom starts seeing "Tuffy" run by (Tuffy NEVER runs) and seeing him in the living room when he's really on my mom's bed. There have also been occurrences where I feel a cat climb in bed next to me and purr in my ear when I'm lying down to sleep but when I look, no cat. It's especially eerie because I feel it on the top bunk sometimes (I have a bunk bed and like to alternate where I sleep).

I know I'm not just sleep deprived because one time I was reading a book and I clearly felt a cat walking near my feet. I went to go pat what I thought was Rosie (my other cat) while still reading my book and all I felt was a cold spot in the air. I looked up and just saw a sunken spot on my bed where I thought the cat was. I just let it stay on my bed and went back to reading while whatever it is just laid down next to my leg (I know because my cat has done the same thing several times).

Although it creeps me out, I don't necessarily think that it's a harmful ghost, just a little lonely. Hopefully I can get a little bit more information on what the cat wants in the future.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by ghostsrreal202

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostsrreal202, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cookieismine (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
When you mentioned the cold spot, I must say I'ave had an experience, exactly the same, down the to the bedsheets being moved. I've heard that some people have hot spots, but like you, I had a cold spot. Cats are sometimes seen as a symbol of protection from the paranormal, so prehaps this cat saw as in need of preotection since you were 'ghost-hunting'?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
I have never personally experienced anything paranormal with animals but I second shellzy on the fact that I rather experience anything paranormal with a funny animal than in a human form.
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Hey they say cats protect you from evil, so I'm guessing this is a good thing 😊
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
I have said ths before but I think I would much rather animal spirits hanging around than human ones! 😆 😆
PlayfulPuppyDog (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
They always say that animals are good protection against some paranormal entities, so maybe one that's already paranormal is one with an added level of protection.;) And maybe it wants to play with your cats? Have you seen any interactions between this other cat and your cat Tuffy? Also, does this cat look like Tuffy? So many questions!
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Hey maybe you have a familiar? As you said you and your friend were ghost hunting when this cat found you and stayed with you. In old folklore familiar was known to be a witches assistant. They were usually an animal and would often be seen as a 3 dimensional creature. I mean I know your not a witch but this cat found you and has chosen to stay with you and like the others have said it appears to be harmless. ❤
sailynh12 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
[at] Ghostrreal202
HEYY! You do have point the cat is harmless & just lookin for a place to rest. That cat will be great company to you
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Usually cats only want attention, food and a comfortable place to take a long nap... At least while they are alive!

Enjoy this ghost cat's company, it means no harm.

Take care and thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: