You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: After My Sister Passed

Real Ghost Stories

After My Sister Passed

 

My sister passed about 25 years ago. She was 35 and had breast cancer. The last 5 days or so of her life, she started speaking to my grandmother who had passed about 10 years earlier. This was my dad's mom. I will say, she was heavily medicated and said some very strange things but the consistent things she said were about my grandmother. The last 2 days or so of her life she could see grandma. I was alone with her and asked her what grandma wanted and she stated, " to help me on my journey." I found this interesting so I told her when it was my time I wanted her (my sister) to come for me. She then told me, "I don't know, I'll try, but there's an order here." During this time of my life I absolutely did not believe in any ghosts or paranormal things because of the church I belonged to. I thought any ghosts or spirits were demons.

A few weeks after my sister passed I started to dream about her. I didn't understand or believe these were "visitations" from her literally but have come to understand it now. I've always been a "dreamer". These dreams were so vivid and over the years I've had many. None of the dreams were bad and some were quite beautiful. She let me know she was well and there were dreams where I was able to ask her questions. Not sure this is the place to post them though.

My dad passed about 10 years ago and he's also visited me in my dreams. I had one dream where I got to tell him I missed and loved him and he told me he missed and loved me too. I've not had near the dreams about him that I've had about my sister. I believe this is because her passing was much more tragic due to her age and leaving 3 small children behind. My dad had a wonderful attitude about passing and told us he lived a great life. He passed suddenly and we were glad he didn't linger and suffer like my sister. I wish he could tell me if she was there to greet him like grandma was for her.

My hope is to someday speak to a reputable medium and possibly connect with her and my dad.

Thank you all for reading this. I know there's many thoughts and beliefs about dreams but I believe there are a multitude of reasons behind our dreams.

Other hauntings by Suzy2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Suzy2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Suzy2 (5 stories) (17 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-30)
Well written Daz! I feel so blessed to be open enough to receive these dreams from my sister and dad. Thank you for your response.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-27)
Suzy2,

Even though your sister was on medication during her final days, her clarity of description relating to her ability to communicate with your grandmother is IMO, a classic case of terminal lucidity.

There are many examples of terminal lucidity however when spirit decides to reach out to their loved ones, there are no medical conditions, drugs, or barriers that are able stop spirit from expressing those final messages, even though on other occasions the medication affected her in different ways.

You must complete your journey? Reading between the lines here your sister's journey was completed (as sad as that was in the moment of time back then) however, take heart in knowing she crossed over fully prepared and gave you a gift of hope via some messages before she left.

I believe, based on my own experiences and research, we do enter into the earth matrix with a preset task to accomplish certain goals and assignments on our path of greater enlightenment

There is an order here? Yes I also believe that to be the case,
If we had full recall of who we truly are it would defeat the purpose of being here.

Regards Daz
Pinksweety (28 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-27)
I'm 31 & single... My dad visits me in my dreams & last time he told me dat I will get married.
Suzy2 (5 stories) (17 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-26)
Thank you all for responding! It's given me so much comfort over the years to have these dreams/visitations.
Lady-glow, I've heard the same thing about leaving this world alone and it scared me, but I agree with you, we do not go alone through the veil. Bottom line, I guess we'll find out when it's our time. My dad and I used to debate/discuss the after life. There are so many different beliefs, what if, whatever you think it's going to be, that's what it will be for you?
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-26)
I firmly believe that when someone does have to die family members who have already departed come to help in the transition.

When my aunt had passed away a few years earlier my cousin had a dream that our grandmother was there talking to my aunt and my aunt had said that she doesn't know why she's so sick like this, and my grandmother replied, saying that my aunt must not worry and that she's here to take her away.

That morning we had woken up early with the intention of spending the entire day at the hospital with my aunt, and my cousin was relating the dream she had to us when at exactly 8am we received the call that our aunt had passed away.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-24)
Hi Suzy2, that was one of the finest narratives I have read so far in this site. Loved ones come back after passing on to reassure us, who are in grief. Dream is a medium through which it will be easily possible for them to communicate with us.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-24)
Hi Suzy2,

I am sorry to read about the loss of your sister and father too. Your sister was so young. The way you talk about her final days strikes a chord with me. My grandmother talked of the same thing, when she died in 2016. She said that her mother was there, holding her hand during her final illness.

I am glad that your father and sister can reach you in your dreams; and I am glad that they are there to comfort you.

I used to think: You can have loved ones around you while you die; but you must die alone. No one can go with you. I do not believe this anymore. Stories like yours have given me hope that death, when it comes to me, might not be a lonely experience.

Thank you for submitting this story.

- Maria
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-23)
Hello Suzy2.

I'm sorry for the loss of your sister and your father.

This is such a bittersweet and reassuring experience. It's good to know that we don't have to cross alone the scary door of death. Perhaps it is only scary when seen from this side of the veil?

I'm glad to hear that you got to spend more time with your sister in your dreams, and am sure that your sister wasn't the only one waiting for him at the moment of his passing.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: