You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: 3am Wake Up Call

Real Ghost Stories

3am Wake Up Call

 

Before I share this story, I would just like to say that this was an experience my parents shared, so I am writing this on behalf of them.

Years ago, when my parents first got married, they were lying asleep in bed one night when all of a sudden were woken up, startled, by the sound of the doorbell at 3am. Dad jumped up out of bed and raced to the front door, thinking it was an emergency of some sort - I mean who would be visiting at that time of the night? When Dad opened the front door, there was nobody or nothing there.

When Dad crawled back into bed, Mum was still startled and Dad reassured her not to worry, there was probably something wrong with the wiring of the doorbell and to just go back to sleep.

Within seconds, the doorbell rang again. Dad got frustrated and up out of bed and instead of opening the door, he peered out the window, hoping to catch whoever or whatever was ringing the doorbell. Once again, nothing. He stood there for a while, finally hearing the doorbell ring again and this time he opened the front door. At that moment, a cool wind brushed right through him. Mind you, this was a completely still evening... Not even a breeze.

Dad closed the door and jumped back into bed. At this point, Mum was still freaking out and he just continued to reassure her that it was nothing but bad wiring and to go to sleep. But Dad knew this was a message of some sort...

A few minutes later the doorbell ONCE AGAIN rang but this time for a couple of minutes, it was as if somebody was pressing on the button non-stop making a long "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" sound. Mum and Dad just chose to ignore it and go to sleep.

The next morning, Dad received a telephone call from his family in Europe, informing him that his cousin had passed away at 3am (our time) that previous evening.

Dad also informed me that this particular cousin really enjoyed playing with things that made a lot of noise, such as doorbells.

I guess the cool breeze that brushed past my Dad and the doorbell ringing that previous evening, was my Dad's cousin's way of saying a final goodbye.

Other hauntings by Cat_Angel86

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cat_Angel86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MamaKat21 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
My mom has had these same types of experiences! When my great grandmother passed away, she knew before anyone else... She had been woken up by someone calling her name several times the night before. And she had several instances after a family member would pass away. I will have to get her permission and more details and post it sometime. I personally believe that those close to us will find a way to say goodbye one last time, if they are able.
mishalasif (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-29)
very touching story. I got goosebumps when I read the last paragraph.
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
Hi Sds,

Thanks for reading! I actually have my own personal experience of a loved one I was close to visiting me - It is a story I posted "Grandpa Visiting My Cubby House" so you are right, it must be common! 😲

Cheers,

Cat ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
Hi Cat_Angel86, well people, who are very close to each other, when they depart, they have their way of saying goodbye to their loved ones. Your dad's cousin might have chosen this way to convey the message that he had passed on.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
Hello taurus83,

Thanks for reading! If that was MYSELF going through the experience I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out big time! Especially the fact that the doorbell just kept going! 😲

Cheers,

Cat ❤
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
Hello kritesh,

Thank you for reading! I'm not sure if any other family members had any experiences from my Dad's Cousin (as most of them live in Europe) but I will be sure to ask my Dad about that 😁

Cheers,

Cat ❤
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
[at] cat_angel86, Thats actually a funny story; well not for your parents at that particular time. But its definitly a great way for his cousin to say goodbye one last time. I probably would have been jumping out of my skin with frustration. But other than that it made me laugh, Great story. 😆
kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
hello cat_angel86
Thanks for putting your experience here it's very good that they are very close to each other it can be that your father is the only one his cousin like most
That's why he don't rang up the bell on any others door
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Hi Swimsinfire,

Thank you for your reply! Yes I think they may have been close when they were younger I'm not so sure. But I thought it was also sweet of him to say goodbye in this way in a way that Dad would remember him.

Cheers,

Cat ❤
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-16)
Oh my. Were they close? I'm so sorry. Reltives do that. That's sweet that his cousine took the time to say goodby in a light-hearted way.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: