You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Laundry Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Laundry Visitor

 

I'm sharing this story on behalf of my Dad. This experience occurred to him almost 20 years ago, but I was at home asleep at the time in my bedroom upstairs.

My Dad is originally from Europe and most of his family still reside over there. The way they lived many years ago is certainly a lot different to how we live now - The toilet was outside, they had to wash all their clothes by hand in the river etc. Of course, since then, many things have changed which is great for them!:)

It was a Saturday morning and Dad was downstairs in the laundry sorting out the washing. All of a sudden from the corner of the room he saw a white mist appear. It then turned into the apparition of his sister (who had died many years before). He told me by this point she appeared like a real human. In a soft voice she said to him, "Dear, look how lucky you are now to have a machine to do your washing, when I had to use my hands in the river..."

After that moment, she faded into a swirling mist into a corner of the ceiling and disappeared. Dad did not even have a chance to say anything to her. He just stood there completely shocked but certainly not scared.

After that moment, he tells me to this day he could not believe what he had seen and he felt very at peace with her presence there in front of him.

Needless to say, he says he made himself a VERY STRONG cup of coffee after that experience.

Has anybody had any experiences where a loved one who has passed has appeared to you in almost human form?

Other hauntings by Cat_Angel86

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cat_Angel86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
No worries Miracles51031 - You are doing a great job at keeping on top of it! 😁 Thanks for everything!

Cheers,

Cat ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Cat - you're welcome 😊 Eventually one of two things will happen. He will become bored and move on to another site or he will be banned from this site. Apparently admin is backed up or he'd have already been banned long before this conversation we are having now 😆 So until one of those two things happen, we will continue on.
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Miracles51031 - Thanks so much! I think he's being doing it to a few people GRRRR! But thank you xx

Cheers,

Cat ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Cat - sorry I didn't get to it earlier but bedtime called to me 😆 I'm playing catch-up now.
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Miracles51031 - When you have a moment can you please remove ConfederateGhost's comment below. I find him offensive. Thank you.

Cheers,

Cat ❤
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Hello Swinsinfire,

Funny that you say that because I asked dad if she said anything else and that was it! Interesting considering she could of said anything else and she chose THAT! Thanks for reading! 😆

Cheers,

Cat ❤
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
I wonder if he was more shocked that she appeared, or that she would comment on something like laundry. Nice story.
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Hello lady-glow,

Thank you so much for reading! Her death also was not recent at the time as she had passed away almost 10 years earlier!

I also agree - amazing how much we rely on machines/technology these days! 😆

Cheers,

Cat ❤
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Hello valkricry,

Thanks for reading! Yes, I agree I think she wanted to remind him of how lucky he is too. We were discussing his experience the other day and he certainly said it was something he would never forget!

Cheers,

Cat ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Cat,
Sounds like his sister just wanted to remind him of how lucky he is. Maybe he was muttering about doing laundry?
I still do dishes and laundry by hand. Lol
If it's any solace, I have seen passed relatives appear very solidly. Not too often though. Perhaps 3 or 4 times (unless we count my twin - I saw him a lot!)
Thanks for sharing this 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
Great story, Cat and so well written!
I understand your Dad having a cup of strong coffee after seen his departed sister!

You know, for some time in my life I used to do dishes by hand, now I wouldn't move to a house if it doesn't have a dishwasher in the kitchen, no way!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: