You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Seeing My Mom And The Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing My Mom And The Ouija

 

This is when all my experiences began. I was 5 years old, and lived in Versailles, Missouri.

Late one night, far past my bedtime I woke up and heard a slight noise down the short hallway that connected my room and the kitchen and living room. I sat up in the bed and realized the living room light was on. It was brighter than the kitchen, that's how I knew this was the living room light. I got up and peaked around the corner to find my mother sitting on the couch. She was staring at this strange board sitting on top her lap. I was going to call out to her, but I felt a warm hand on my left shoulder, and a soft voice inside of me say "No." So I didn't. I just stood there staring at her. Within a few seconds I see the planchette literally fly off the board and hit the wall behind our TV. I jump back because I realize that wasn't right, as my mom wasn't touching the planchette. Her arms were at her sides as though she was in some sort of trance.

As I jumped back, I let out a breath and immediately my mom looked up at me. The look on her face was not of her own. It was an angry look. I ran the little 5 feet away and jumped on my bed. Quietly I lay back down. I felt the air change, like evil was in my room. I heard my mom walk up to the door and stop. I opened my eyes just enough, so she couldn't see that my eyes were open and she was standing there, just staring at me.

After about what seemed like an eternity, but really no longer than a few minutes, she backed up and walked away from the door. I was too terrified to look and see where she had gone, so I laid there and cried myself to sleep.

Years after, I found the same board in my mom's cabinet and began to ask her questions about her experiences with the board. She told me it was my grandmother's and apparently she would use it regularly. She stopped using the board because the spirit she was contacting was getting aggressive and wouldn't go into further detail with my mom about it.

My mom said that night she used it scared her so much, but she couldn't move from that spot on the couch. She said she felt frozen and as though she was on a cloud. And she had tried getting rid of the board but somehow it would always end up back with her.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-23)
wow, I'd say this was a terrifying experience for a five year old. I was a little uncomfortable reading it, not in a I can't finnish this kind of way but in a scary way.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
sds, ok:). I welcome all views, on my experiences, because they may see it a different way. And I have just submitted, the other experience. It sounds a little crazy, but I definitely welcome your opinion on it, when It's posted. 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Dear spiritwaiting, I take no offence in your comment and you were not rude at all. But I generally give my views dispassionately and without trying to offend even though I may differ with the narratives and when it comes to Ouija Board, whether the posters or O/P like it or not, I advise them against using it. So don't feel bad.

I am looking forward to your narrative on your personal experience and please do post it when the site opens up for accepting new stories.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Sds, oh and yes years later I asked her why she was playing with the board. She told me it was my granmothers old board, and she used to play it quite frequently. That is until this spirit would come through and threaten her, so she gave it up. And my mom had decided to try and get ahold of the same one. Not sure why she would but hey that's my mom.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
sds, sorry I went over my comment. I didn't mean for it to sound rude. I meant that if I was younger and not experienced with my quija well learned lesson, I would have definitely taken your advice and thanked you for it. And I absolutely love advice from others. Thank you, Spiritwaiting.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
H2olily, that's what I believe. I have learned over the years to listen to my guides and I am truly thankful for my guardian angel. They have really gotten me through a lot of my life.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
[at] swimsinfire, thank you for your comment. Everything ac ouple of days later became normal again. I am like a phonebook to all those around me. Its funny, everyone will ask me someone elses phone number. I am truly thankful for having such a good memeory.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
sds, yes my mom was playing it alone. And the next morning she was skiddish, like she was scared of something. And since that experience she as far as I know has never touched one since that. Oh and believe me I have learned my lesson. I will post an experience with my one time playin once the page opens up. Anf I don't mind the lecture, if I didn't know any better I would have thanked you. Thank you for your comment.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
That was your guardian angel who held you back and said, "No." To protect you, since your mother was not herself.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Hi spiritwaiting, I just want to ask you some questions. You described that you mom was like in a trance. Was she playing the board alone? Secondly, what was her reaction next morning and in the next few days. Was there any difference in her habits, attitude towards you and all.

But still, as usual, I would like to lecture on to you. Don't use Ouija Board at all. If you want to use it, do take precautions and never, never play it alone. Because we do not know what is on the other side and it might be very violent and evil. People have suffered.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
That was intense. Personaly, I have lousy recal for anything past last week unless I write it down. But my oldest son remembers events that happened when he was two. So I can totally see you remembering especially an emotional event at age five. Hope all came out well.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
notjustme, it truly was terrifying being in the moment. To this very day I can feel that intense fear flood over my memory. And you are definitly right about the memory. Thanks for your comment! 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Spiritwaiting- that must have been super scary, because our moms are always suppose to be nice and welcoming. I could only imagine the fear. Thanks for sharing.

Yalisai- very possible to remember as much as we want to. Actually if we work on it we can even remember our past lives. I personally have the earliest memory of learning to walk and one memory of laying in my crib as this boy looked at me. He was human though haha a family friend.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Yallsai, I have a great memory always have had one. I can remember things from younger ages as well. Thanks for reading.
Yalisai (1 stories) (26 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Hard to believe you remember all these that happened at the age of 5.Anyways...good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: