You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Hand in the Shower

Real Ghost Stories

The Hand in the Shower

 

This next story happened to me when I was about eight or nine. I was at my aunt's house. Now this house was very old and I had been visiting my aunt plenty of times ever since I can remember, probably ever since I was four or so. At no point in my life did I ever believe, or have the feeling that the house may have been haunted, sure it felt a bit eerie when you were in there alone, but it had never really occurred to me that there may be something or someone else in there besides my aunt and her family.

My aunt's house is situated on the top of a hill, a bit isolated from other houses, there are many trees surrounding the house so you do feel like the house has a corner all to its own. On this particular day, my aunt was having a party. As usual, all the men were outside listening to the music that is usually a bit loud at those parties. Some of the women were inside the house, in the kitchen. I was alone, just basically wondering around in the yard, inside the house, anywhere I could find any sort of entertainment to keep me busy.

I felt a small pressure in my lower belly and decided I had to find the bathroom. I walked in through the front door (the bathroom is to the left as soon as you walk like two feet. The kitchen is two feet to the right.) and I went into the bathroom. I closed the door and began to unbuckle my overalls when I had the strangest feeling I was being watched. I looked up (the shower is right in front of the toilet) and I saw a hand. I knew, from the minute I saw it, that it wasn't just any hand. It moved slowly opening the shower curtain. It did this as if it wasn't really sure if it should open it. I felt terrified. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. All I did was just stand there frozen in place. I literally felt like I couldn't move.

Finally after just watching the hand continue opening the curtain, I was able to move and I was about to tell my mom (who was in the kitchen with my aunt) what had happened but there were all of these ladies in there and I didn't want them to think I was just looking for attention or that I was crazy. So I said, "mom?..." she said "yes...?" "I...nothing, just that there are a lot of flies in here..." I know it sounded a bit lame but at the time I didn't really know how to explain what I had seen without sounding crazy. I went back into the restroom to see if the hand was still there and it wasn't. I got up the guts and I opened the curtain as fast as I could... And I saw nothing.

I later told my dad and he didn't believe me. I told him I had nothing to gain by making up this story. He believed I wasn't lying but felt he had to come up with some type of logical explanation for what had happened to me. My mom however told my aunt and my aunt told her it didn't surprise her that I had seen something, because everyone in the family had experienced things as well. Some which were a finger to the lips, boots stepping on what sounded like chips, a man standing at the foot of one of my uncles' bed, a man standing outside the window of my other uncle's room, even though it was a third floor.

Supposedly the story was that three men had died in that house. One on the very top floor, the other one in the basement and they didn't know where the third man had died. I haven't been in that house for a while. The house had been blessed sometime after that happened to me. Whether things are still happening I'm not quite sure, but for some reason I would like to go back there and see if I experience anything else... Bad idea? lol.

Other hauntings by jeya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jeya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
One annoying thing is earlier I was in the shower and I start hearing things move around and I'm positive my towel had fallen but it hadn't moved, and I constantly hear the sound of the cabinet doors opening and closing. They can get annoying but as long as it didn't seem threatening I don't see a problem. Happy Investigating and Ghost Hunting and be careful, Katherine. ❤
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-08)
if that were me I would run like hell and not look back be careful it could be harmful or not...
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hi Jeya that is a very interesting story who have told us. I have seen a ghost standing in my bath and I started staring it out LOL If I just saw a hand I would of screamed my head off. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
😲 this is quite an interesting story! But I think that I would of run the heck away from a.s.a.p.
But you're brave, If you do happen to go back let us know what happen ok!
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
hey! Thank you for the advice it will be taken. It does seem to make sense to do research before jumping into an unknown situation. Thank you once again.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Dear jeya,

Since you are on this site, it is pretty safe to say that you believe in ghosts and most likely believe that what you saw was a ghost's hand. Well, it does seem that your aunt and family are not frightened by these occurences, and the blessing must have helped, otherwise they would be looking for more help or moving. Since they are still there and alive and well, I would see know harm in continuing on as a ghost investigator. Remember to read up and do a bit of research here on the site and prepare yourself for your adventure before truly embarking or going on your investigative adventure. Don't forget to protect yourself, be responsible, be respectful and use your God given seventh sense, common sense along with your other six senses.

You may also want to consider investigative research on the house and its history.

Happy investigative ghost hunting,--Abby
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
This was an interesting story. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to check it out if there has been no violent attacks.

If you do be safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: