You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Very Familiar Sound, Grandma?

Real Ghost Stories

A Very Familiar Sound, Grandma?

 

It's a recent experience which I had few days ago, on 7th march 2017. It was the death anniversary of my grandma. It's been 20 year she is not with us. But we never felt alone; we always had a feeling of being her presence. It was a totally normal day; we did what we do every year, going to temple, doing some rituals and all and went to our offices respectfully. After coming home from office I ate very little and went to sleep as I was most tired from the office load.

It was almost midnight when I heard some voices, voices of singing. I looked at my mobile; it was 4 am in the morning. I got shocked as who was singing so late. I properly heard that song to be finding that someone is singing it in Bengali (language),"Kon se alor sopno nia jano amar, ke dake aye chole aye". I never heard that song before. I got up and went out of my room. I concentrated on that voices as from where it was coming. I almost reached the hallway, to be finding that the voices are coming from the living room. I just stood between the hallway and to my shock I saw someone standing by the sofa, it was dark, only making me visible a figure standing. There was a switch to my right for the hallway light, I raised my hand and when I switched on the light a hand came from behind to my shoulder making me scream.

It was my mom; she woke up to some sounds, sounds of me. I looked back to the living room but there were no one, only me and my mom. "What are you doing here so late?" my mom asked. "Water, but why did you get up?" I asked. "I heard you door getting opened, you know your door makes sounds when it's getting opened" she said. She was right, and I didn't said her what I heard or saw. I dismissed it by myself thinking it was my imagination, but in other hand, I thought maybe what I saw or heard was not wrong. That voice, it was so sweet and calm. I was not feeling any fear but looking at the figure was.

Next morning I woke up, and to my amaze I was murmuring that song. I never heard that song before, but I was murmuring the music. My mom heard me "How did you know that song?" she asked. I gave her a 'Don't know' look, "Just heard somewhere, why?" I asked. "Nothing serious, actually this song was your grandma favorite, she used to sing this song for your sister when she used to go to sleep, and she used to sing for you too, when you weren't inside me, her voice was so sweet I used to sleep on her lap when she singed that song, I really miss her" she said. I had only one reaction, I was just smiling and happy that it was my grandma.

I looked at her picture and smiled.

Other hauntings by maggirockz13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maggirockz13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Donald_Trumpet (18 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-28)
LUDICROUS!
I have been reading stories in this site for a while but this one made me open an account. Although I have read about some cases of in uterus memories, to believe that someone can remember something that happened before they were conceived is too much for me to take.πŸ™„

I hope this poster can pay more attention to their biology class.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-14)
Wtf! Do you remember what happened while you were still an egg in your mother's ovaries? 😁 😁
Dude... That's cool!
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-19)
Hi Biblio,
Your Welcome.
Yes, you are absolutely right, that song is just like a poem.
Thanks for reading.
Take Care

Miracles,
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate.
Take Care

Regards
Meghna Roy
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Thanks, Maggi!

It helps to contextualize the narrative when I know that the song is a ballad.

-Biblio.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Miracles,
Please do send an email to your administrator, and thank you very much for your help. You have a very hard work to read all stories and edit it, it is common to miss some mistakes. I'm grateful for you help.
Take care
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
maggirockz - I can't edit the story once it is published. Only our administrator can, but I will send an email asking that the title be fixed. I am sorry I overlooked that. I really should have caught it.

As far as the details in your story, you have already cleared that up. We can direct questions to your comments.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Argette,
Thanks for the information.
Take Care

Hi Miracles,
Just need some help from you, can you edit those two mistakes which I had done in this story?
Familiar spelling is wrong in the title, and that one sentence because of which whoever will read will get confused.
If you could please help in this I would be really grateful
Waiting for you reply
Thanks
Take Care.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Razz and Lady-glow - I think you both got your points across. Enough already. I have absolutely no tolerance for bickering back and forth. Additional comments from either or you, addressing the other (unless it is an apology), will be deleted.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Yes, Maggie you are right.

Sometimes we mysteriously acquire knowledge.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Hi roylynx,
Thanks for reading my story.
I had a fear because it was totally dark and a figure standing made me heart beat fast, but the song was really sweet.
I don't have any problem if you compared your story with me, every story is heart touching when it come to the loved once. Sorry for your lose.
I promise I will welcome her the next time she shows me, only if she sings that same song. 😁
Take Care

Hi lady-glow,
Next time I will keep in mind to check my story properly and submit it without any mistakes and confusions.
Take Care

Hi Argette,
Oh! Now I understand, what you mean is sometimes we know things they we have never heard of. Am I right? πŸ˜•
Take Care

Hi Raaz,
I would like you to say please calm down. If you have any queries related to my story feel free to ask. You comments are not related to my story because of which you are distracting many of the member over here.
I hope you understand.
Take Care.

Hi Biblio,
Thanks for reading my story.

Http://anondogaan.blogspot.in/2014/06/kon-she-alor-shopno-niye-lyrics.html

Here, you can go to this site and find the English meaning of that whole song.
Take Care

Regards to all
Meghna Roy
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-17)
Greetings, Maggie.

I've tried running it through Google translate, which produced nothing comprehensible, so I'll ask you directly: what does "Kon se alor sopno nia jano amar, ke dake aye chole aye" mean?

Thanks,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Razz: sweetie, I'm sorry to inform you that the only one missing the point is...you.

Are you even aware that human pregnancy takes NINE months? I do not know if you missed the sexual education class in high school or if you still think that storks drop newborn babies through the chimneys of the house of their new parents but, if you read carefully you cannot deny that there's no way that a woman giving birth to a baby in February 13th would had been pregnant in March 7th of the previous year, like suggested originally in this story.
Maggie has kindly accepted and clarified her mistake after I pointed out at this discrepancy, hasn't she?

When in doubt, I like to ask and that's what I did.

Call me whatever you want, I don't care, after all what we see in others is only the reflection of ourselves. 😊
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Maggie, sometimes we just know things. It's a mystery how we do. Maybe we absorbed them without knowing it. That's kind of what I meant.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Maggie: thanks for clarifying, by now you should be aware that it is important to check the facts before posting a story. Otherwise the reader/s could think that you are embellishing your experience or, even worse, that it is just a nice piece of fiction... After all, this is not the first time you share a story!

Razz: who is rofl now? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
I realize I have tears in my eyes after reading this story. I understand and know how you felt when seeing that figure, mysteriously calm and honest, but you feel fear inside you because you do not know what that is.

I did not encounter my grandmother, but I had this soothing feeling too when I once encountered my passed away cat called Aurora. Sorry I compared your encounter to mine but I just feel that love bounds to us even when it was gone. I hope you would welcome her the next time you see her. This story is so calming and sweet.

Thanks for sharing

Blessing from SΓ£o Paulo
E.Lynx
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Sorry but this time there are two mistake in my story, title is "A very fimiliar sound, grandma?" it should be 'familiar.'
Well I think I have done a very big mistakes 😒
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Thank you everyone for reading my story. Now, let me just clear your doubts.

Hi Argette,
Sorry but I couldn't get you what you said, can you please say it again with simple English which I can understand.
Thanks for reading.
Take Care.

Hi lady-glow,
I'm so glad you liked my story.
For your doubts, you calculations are totally perfect, my both story grandmother are same, she died on 7th march 1997. It's been 20 years for her death exact. My mother got to know she is pregnant on may 1997, I was born on 13th Feb 1998. And thank you for wishing me birthday. (I really appreciate)
BUT, what actually went wrong is in my story itself, I'm so sorry but where I have written "...when you were inside me, her voice was so sweet" it was supposed to be "...when you weren't inside me, her voice was so sweet" that's the mistake happened by me. It's my writing mistake. I'm so so sorry for the confusion. Only for that one mistake you had to calculate so much.
I hope you forgive me for this mistake.
Thanks for reading
Take Care 😊

Hi Raaz,
Thanks for reading my story.
What lady-glow pointed was not at all pointless, it was my mistake that I didn't check my story properly and published it. She was just clearing her doubts and nothing else.
Hope you understand.
Take Care

Hi PoliexterLy,
Thanks for reading my story.
No, my mother only heard my room door opening sound not my grandma singing voice.
Take care

Regards to all
Meghna Roy
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-16)
Maggie: from your story "Who Is Always With Us?"
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23788

"It all starts after my grandma's death on March 7th, 1997"

Do you mean both of your grandmothers died 20 years ago within a few months difference?

Otherwise it wouldn't be possible for a grandmother who died in March 1997 to sing for an unborn you if you weren't even conceived until May of that year!? πŸ˜•

I will appreciate your feedback.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-03-15)
I am just curious if your mother had heard the singing that night too? πŸ˜•
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-15)
Razz: where I live, the legal age to buy tobacco and alcohol is 19 YO, and a person has to prove their age with one or even two piece/s of ID; a person 18 years and 364 days of age trying to buy any of these products would walk out of the store empty handed. I guess I'm not the only one that thinks one year equals 12 months, am I?😐

You have as much right to think my question is pointless as I have the right to ask the OP to clarify my doubts... And believe me, I have reasons for asking.

This comment from Razz is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-15)
This is such a sweet story! Though, surely you do not mean that your grandmother passed away 20 years ago, right?

Taking a comment from one of your previous stories (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24187):

"... After my 12th I started doing job because I became 18 years old in Feb 2016..."

That means you just turn 19 years old last month (happy belated birthday!), and your mother got pregnant in May 1997. Which means your grandmother has been dead for 19 years and some months, depending on the date of her passing.

Perhaps in India people count anniversaries in a different way... I do prefer to wait until the very last day to consider that another year has passed, specially if talking about my age!πŸ˜†

Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-15)
Maggirock, sometimes those things happen: We know something or demonstrate knowledge of things we have never learned. Genetic memory?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: