You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Cats

Real Ghost Stories

My Cats

 

To start with English is not my mother tongue, so please forgive my spelling or grammar mistakes.

My now ex-husband had a cat when we started dating. An adorable fluffy cat named Blondie. I was really fond of her and took care of her together with my now ex for over 5 years. She would lay on the bed with me and come to the front door when I or he came home. She was not fond at all of other animals in the house and became deaf during her last years.

So my ex and me where busy arguing and trying to divorce. He let the cat stay at my place for 2 separate weeks while he was on vacation and even took her with him just for some hours while talking about the divorce. She loved my place. It smelled of mice and for her it seemed like paradise. Hunting mice, running around crazy.

One day driving home from work he called in tears. He had to put Blondie to sleep. She had a tumor and was very bad. I drove like crazy to say goodbye to her. The next day she left this world.

In the night my ex felt her on the bed... Curling up like she always did. Around 3 am she made a very loud meow sound and left him. Around 3:30 am I was awoken by the feeling she climbed on my bed. She made her way under the covers and laid down fluffing herself. I saw the covers move where she was. I was happy she said goodbye. Around 4 am my ex called asking if Blondie had visited me. We were both amazed by this.

So fast forward for at least 9 months. I now have another cat, called Pickwick aged 11 and she is crazy but fun. Never angry or acting scared.

Then one night in June '13 I dreamed of Blondie and Pickwick fighting on my bed. There was hair flying around everywhere and in my dream Pickwick was angry with her tail thick. I woke up and saw what I dreamed was true. Except no Blondie. Pickwick was attacking the air in the corner where I dreamed Blondie was. I got angry and called out that this was Pickwick and that she needed to leave her alone. Pickwick needed a place to live, that I never would forget Blondie but that she had to move on. Within seconds all calmed down. Pickwick went to her normal size and looked normal again.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by iez

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

iez (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
Just discovered that Pickwick is licking the air where I dreamed Blondie was. They seem to get along now:-) that makes me a happy catmom
scaryusernumber111 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
Your cat was very fond of you and wanted to protect you even after its death. That is why you would feel her presence!
iez (4 stories) (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
Thank you all for the sweet comments. My moms dog also visited me once after she (the dog, not my mom) was no longer physically. But that story is not so sweet as this one 😆
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
IEZ- AWWWW! I loved loved this story! I am a HUGE animal fan and love them so dearly. This was so heart warming to me. ❤ thanks for sharing -notjustme
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
wow qhat a lovely story! I know animals are our best friends and what makes that so special is they like to let us know about that even after that. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
stephyw2001 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
That is a sweet story, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm happy she had you in her life though! Thank you for sharing!
LilyOfWartune (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
What a cute story of Blondie...!
I always loved cats and have lots of 'em.Few of them died though but some actually visits, so I never felt they were leaving at all
Your english is good btw...
MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Mybe Blondie is jelous but its cute story (sorry for incomplete words one of the letter in our keybord is not working)
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-22)
iez., that is so sweet. I am a sucker for cat stories, cats are my favorite animal. I was once told that you never own a cat - they own you!

I have had a spirit cat jump on me once, well I believe it was, judging by the size and weight, but I have no idea which one it was. I have 'owned' so many cats in my life.

Thank you for sharing your cute experience.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
iez: that's a lovely story! 😊
It seems to me like Blondie's personality didn't change after crossing Rainbow Bridge and still wants to protect you even from sweet Pickwick... That's her way to show you her love!
I hope Blondie keeps on visiting you and can get along with your new cat. I lost a cat a little over two years ago and he still comes to say hi.

Do not worry about your English, it's excellent.
iez (4 stories) (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
[at] BadJuuJuu, Blondie was a character. Afraid of a rabbit, but trying to protect me from a puppy 😊. We as in my ex and me still miss her strange acts.
And thanks BadJuuJuu and elfstone810 for the compliments. After posting I saw some errors in grammar but your compliments make me smile again.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
A lovely story! Thank you for sharing it! And I second what badjuujuu said. Your English is excellent. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
I believe our family, human and furry, find ways to let us know they are ok in the afterlife. I think of it as a gift, a kindness they offer us to help us cope with the loss.
Blondie sounds like quite a character. Cats can be territorial and possessive, so I guess it isn't too surprising she was angry to find Pickwick in her bed. It's good that she's accepted Pickwick's place in the home now.
By the way, your spelling and grammar are fine. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: