You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Couple From The Past

Real Ghost Stories

A Couple From The Past

 

When driving from my house towards the railway station to pick up my boyfriend, I can choose several ways to go. One of those is driving along some industrial companies. Since this is the fastest way to travel (no traffic lights or roundabouts), this is my normal way. Hardly any people walk there and when they do, they look modern and very hasty and always rushing to their jobs or the railway. Also, it is one big street with side streets, a few exits from companies along the street and some huge pavements.

So 2 months ago (and also one week ago), I was driving my car to the railway station. While in the industrial area, I was almost high for seeing my boyfriend again (he lives 150 km away from me, so we do see each other in weekends mostly). Suddenly, an odd looking couple was walking in the middle of the road. I was like, "What are they doing and why can't they use the pavement like all the other people normally do?" And then decided to go around them. I had a good look at them. They were dressed and styled like a couple from 1939-1942. I was turning my window down to tell them please use the pavement but when I was passed them they disappeared.

I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me, but one week ago the same couple showed up at the same place and roughly the same time. This time I opened the window before passing them and tried to yell at them. No reaction. While passing them I had a good look at the woman. She looked happy and was smiling at her man.

No need to say that when I passed them, they disappeared again.

Other hauntings by iez

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
Hi Iez... Good story...!
As you said that the lady smiled at her man this means that she was happy and may be her man as well. Then what made them wander on the street in the form of spirits...
Anyway...nice and a different experience. Nice to read. 😊
iez (4 stories) (14 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
Thank you all for replying/ reading. Sorry for the delay in answering since flu en sinitus have taken 2 weeks of me (2 weeks of being tired and snotty).
Anyway I learned that the city I live in was bombed twice in the 2nd WW.
The area where I saw the couple walking was bombed first in I believe 1942. There used to be houses where people lived so maybe that is why the couple is walking there.

The second bombing was on the otherside of the railway. Around the end of the war.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
It sounds like a residual "haunting", where People who have died "replay" something that made them happy or something with a lot of emotions attached to it.
I wonder if these Spirits that you saw were perhaps using a path that existed before?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
Very interesting story. I agree with the residual theory. And Miracles, I'm with you on the effort to keep it positive. 😊 I wonder if you get a choice whether you're a residual or not? Kind of romantic story.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
iez, A little creepy, but also in the same thought,pleasant. Its a wonder though, what may habe happened to them if this wasn't a residual. And I'm saying that with a big IF because it all points to one. Lovely encounter.
AkasH_JavooR (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
I guess that couple have died on that road so still there spirits wonder on that path...
Good story but sad...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
iez - I think what I like best about this experience is that the woman looked happy and was smiling at her man 😊 If we are destined to become a residual haunting, then repeating an event that makes you happy is a great way for it to happen.

I'll confess I'm making this statement without putting much thought into it, but if residual hauntings are created by emotions, and I believe they are, then I think more people should try their damndest to make more happy memories... Just in case. I'd much rather spend my afterlife as a happy residual haunting (if I can't choose to intelligently haunt people that is 😆), than to be stuck in a revolving sad, or worse, event.

Thank you for sharing this with us, iez. I really enjoyed it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: