You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Friend Billy Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend Billy Part 2

 

Thank you all who read my first story. As I said I had tried more than a dozen times to write that story. It didn't matter whether I used my tablets or my P.C. The story would disappear. I even felt like something was attached to my shoulder one night and my son even confirmed he felt a electrical type feeling where I asked him to feel. I took it as a sign that I should not write the story at that time.

A few days after I was finally able to post the story I had a dream that Billy came to me. It has been more than 32 years since his death but he has always been close to my heart. In the dream he admitted 3 things: he was the one that kept me from writing the story, it was his hand on my shoulder when I felt something on my shoulder, and lastly he has been watching over me since he died.

A week went by and I look at my front windows and I see the numbers 999 which was the code for a person was crashing (dying) and the crash team had to drop everything to revive the patient if they could. I took it to mean that my mother in-law, who will be 87 next month and has a heart condition and pacemaker, would be leaving us soon. I misinterpreted the message.

My dog D had to be euthanized in March at 14 years old. I said to my husband that Zim, who was 12, wouldn't last 6 months without D. I wish I had never uttered those words. The following Tuesday after seeing the numbers, Zim couldn't get up when I got out of bed. It took him an hour to get to the bedroom door and another 6 to get to the living room. I made the heartbreaking decision that he had to be euthanized. He was an itty bitty pitty and probably the sweetest dog anyone could come across.

They made an appointment for 1730 hours but I got a phone call about 1600 hours and was told I could bring him in earlier. My husband got him in the car and brought us to the vet but did not come in the room. There were vet techs that had tears in their eyes. One came in the room to give him one last hug and kiss and left the room crying. I stayed with him for quite awhile after because he was the last dog linked to my kids childhood into adulthood.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-09-16)
Darkangel

Thank you. Losing 3 dogs in 1 year time was like a kick in the gut to me. Jethro was a young dog but D and Zim were older but hurt none the less. Now Cali who is 10 but a Newfoundland mix has been mopy like she is mourning.

I am so sorry to hear about your brothers' sudden death. My condolences to you and your family. Since you were so close talk to him and ask him to give you a sign that he is still with you. It may take some time for him to find the right thing that held special meaning to he both of you. OR like my grandfather and father in-law did was move things on me.

Yes it is a bumber when something comes out of my mouth and then it happens. Sometimes it down right sucks.

Regards
Red
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Redwolf- I am so sorry about your fur babies, I know the feeling about speaking certain things out of our mouths, I lost my brother in July. Before he had got so bad I told him if he didn't start taking better care of himself that he would get his leg cut off, which happened. Then about 2-3 weeks after that he passed away... We were pretty close I am sure that he is hanging around me. But again I am sorry about your fur babies
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
lady-glow

After I had D put down I knew Zim wouldn't last 6 months without his buddy. He lasted a little over 3 months. But how he went down hill so fast was heart breaking. He had been slow for a couple of days before but he had bad arthritis so I thought nothing of it until that morning. It wasn't until later that I realized that it was the day after the 1 year anniversary of losing Jethro.

It's never easy to lose a family member or a pet but Zim was the dog that got my oldest son interested in playing with puppies and dogs. Mike was sitting Indian style on the floor and Zim crawled in his lap. The next thing I saw was Mike craddleing him like a baby and Zim loved it.

Thank you for reading my story. Billy hasn't given me any more signs lately but I'm sure he'll give me more. He did tell me that he will be watching over me when I have my back surgery though.

Regards
Red
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
Aw, Red! Don't you think that all the warning is never enough to get ready when it's time to say goodbye to our loved ones? Human and/or pets.

Thanks for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
To my knowledge, there is no Facebook link associated with our site.
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
Hello Miracles51031 and RedWolf,

Thank you for answering my queries, I'll keep that in mind 😊

Wishing you both a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
Sweetsunshine

I "think" but I could be wrong, you can only vote up or down a single person 5-6 times in a row maximum before that message comes up. There have been times I've voted mods up that many times and got that message.

Miracles
Do we have a face book link where members can chat?

Regards
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
sweetsunshine - nope, nothing ghostie about this at all. There is a limit on how many times you can vote for the same person. Sometimes it's only once, other times it could be more. I believe you have to spread the votes around.
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
Hey RedWolf,

Whenever I'm trying to vote you up, its saying ' Please vote for someone else ' some ghostie probs or what 😕

Wishing you too a very happy and great day!

Best wishes and!
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Sweetsunshine

You are probably right. In my story Outter Heaven my grandfather greeted me and brought me to where he and my grandmother stayed. To my amazement and joy all of my dogs who had passed were with them. So I know that D Zim and Jethro are all well taken care of. The only problem is when I pass my grandfather may not let me have all of my dogs. 😆

Have a great day!

Regards
Red
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Hello RedWolf,

Thanks for replying. I know how hard it is to lose Dogs. I had three dogs, Tiger, Rocky and Tarzan, since I was 2.Our bond was closest as ever. But they had to be euthanized because of some disease in 2008 😭 I personally believe D can't live without his best buddy, that's why he called Zim to the rainbow bridge. (These are my personal beliefs, I could be wrong) I think they both are happy in Doggie Heaven ❤

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Sweetsunshine,

Thank you for reading my story. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. It doesn't matter if it was only 6 months that Motu was in your life, a special bond was there and it hurts just as much as losing an animal you have had for years.

I'm sure it was Billy that was trying to warn me about Zim's death. I forgot to mention that Zim died 1 day after the 1 year anniversary of our having to euthanize our dog Jethro because of liver cancer. Losing 3 dogs in one year was really hard on my family and I. I even noticed that the 2 dogs we had left were in mourning.

Regards
Red
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
Hello RedWolf,

Thanks for sharing your experience, really touching!

I think youre right about Billy messing up with your story. Because just a few days ago, my mom was messing up with my story (its up for publishing on YGS) it kept dissappearing and it was real hard to publish that. But I didn't gave up and had it posted. I think Billy was giving you a sign about Zim's death. It hurts hard to lose pets when you've spent so many loving years with them 😭 I just lost my cat, Motu in an accident. He was real close to me even though our bond was just of 6 months 😭 Anyways I liked this one and its going straight to my favs 😊

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: