You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Letter V

Real Ghost Stories

The Letter V

 

I have to start by using filler. So here goes, my father in-law had 2 sisters Esther and Virginia, whom family and friends called V.He also had a brother named George who died when my oldest child was a toddler. His siblings were all born in Italy near Naples. He was the only one born here in the States. His father worked here for extended periods to make money and would visit his wife and get her pregnant. Finally when he had enough money saved to bring them here and a place to live he moved them here. My husband was the last male with the family name, although there are quite a few people with the same last name they are not related. Now my 2 sons are the last with the family name.

Virginia is now in a nursing home with dementia. She is the last of the siblings. I am told she doesn't even know her 2 sons. But is otherwise healthy.

For a long time now no matter what device or web page I used if I walked away from the tablet, or computer the letter v would be there when I came back. I just came back to the computer and there were 2 v's that I didn't type. The computer went to sleep and another v that I did not type was there. This is becoming a problem for me and quite frankly it is sometimes quite worrisome. It can't be a stuck key because as I said it doesn't matter what device I use. Maybe my father in-law is up to his old tricks? I don't know, any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Red

P.S. I do know my grandfather is around. But he wouldn't do that. One morning I was outside having a cigarette and all of a sudden he opens the door and told me that the puppies needed me, which they did.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
val

I have no idea what nursing home she is in, neither does my husband. V disliked both of her daughters in-law. One of her sons became a widower but remarried within 2 years and V doesn't know who she is. Come to think of it I haven't seen V in almost 5 years so she wouldn't remember me at all.

As far as any money goes I don't think she had much more than her Social Security and her Pension. So there is no money angle, she had put her house in both of her sons names years ago.

I guess either my father in-law is screwing with me or someone else is. I actually avoided computers for 2 weeks because I got a little freaked by it. It takes a lot to freak me out with something like this. It probably is my father in-law,11 puppies to take care of isn't enough to drive a person nuts. They will be 2 months old on Monday and they are already almost too heavy for me to pick up.

Regards ❤
Red
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Red,
Just a thought here. Is V in a home near you? I mean one you can get to. Maybe you are suppose to go see her, even if you think she won't know you.
When my now ex's grandfather was near death he didn't recognize anyone - not even his kids. For some reason he was convinced that I was his deceased wife (who didn't even look like me), but he kept calling me her name. Since thinking I was her seemed to bring him some happiness, we just let it go. He said he had something to tell me and proceeded to let me know where important papers were, along with a bank account no one knew of. He had promised to always take care of me (wife) and had saved up in case something would happen, she could live comfortably. Of course I passed this on to his family. There really was quite a bit of money in that account! So, maybe yours is a similar case?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Thank you all for responding and giving your opinions.

MaybeADreamer
As I said the v will show up on whatever device that I use. This does happen to anyone else in the family. My father in-law died in Dec. Of '92. He likes to play pranks on me and sometimes others in my house, such as taking something until I say okay dad put it back and it will be found anywhere from a few inches to a few feet from where it was "lost". He likes to play with my tablets when I use them. I see glimpses of him or my grandfather from time to time but I think that vvv (I did NOT put those v's there and my hands were away from the keyboard. I left them to show what I am talking about) they prefer not to be seen too often, but I can always sense who is here.

As for the v I asked my mother in-law to check on V for me. A few days later she said that V's older son said aside from the dementia it is reported that she is doing well. Whatever that means.

Biblio,

I haven't been on the computer too much because the puppies take up a lot of my time. They will be 8 weeks old on Saturday and are bigger than a full grown miniature poodle, in fact they are bigger than most mini dogs.

As for preparing her to cross over that is highly likely. As for interacting with people I don't know, she was the type to laugh with people than make them laugh. But it is possible that he would teach her how to watch over her family and possibly leave signs that she was there if she was so inclined. She liked me a lot so maybe it's possible she is leaving the V's? I need someone more knowledgeable in that field to answer that question.

Regards ❤
Red
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Hey, Red!

You've been a bit quiet over the last month; I missed you.

My thoughts run in a similar vein to Melda's suggestions, but in the opposite direction. Perhaps your father-in-law is *already* communicating with V., and he wants to reassure you that she is going to be ok when she crosses over? With dementia setting in, could the spiritual component of her identity be roaming around quite freely? (This is HIGHLY speculative!) Could your father-in-law be showing her how to interact with the living? Is that the sort of thing he'd do for his sister? Yes, you've described his pranks in the past, but I've always been under the impression that they were the well-intentioned and amicable actions of a fun-loving guy who likes to cheer up other people.

Just a few thoughts, as they occurred to me.

Best,
Biblio.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Hi Red

I too have this issue with my work pc and my cheaper tablet (not on my ipad). And I don't know anyone with a V name.

It seems to be a malfunction with some program or other installed on the machine. See link for further info.

Https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351005/computer-types-vs-on-its-own-topic-with-malware-logs/

There may be more info available online somewhere.

Im not discarding your idea about it being a message but I think a more likely cause is malfunction. Maybe you have the same program on all your computers/tablets etc.

Just an idea for you cause it drives me crazy too!

Regards
Sara. 😕 ❤
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
Maybe there is something she would like to communicate to someone before she passes, a message that is in there somewhere but it might take a little time and patience to get out. Just a guess. I would probably ask whoever is typing the V to try and give a clearer message about what they are trying to convey.
Best of luck, trentinray
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-28)
RedWolf - Perhaps your father-in-law would like to contact his sister Virginia in some way and the only way he knows how to do so is through you. I realise she suffers from dementia and probably won't recognise you.

Have you told her sons about the V? Just wondering what their reaction would be to that if you did tell them and also that you suspect it might be her brother.

On the other hand, I probably shouldn't say this, your father-in-law could be letting you know that V is reaching the end of her lifespan and that he will be there for her when she does.

This is all speculation on my part because I honestly don't have a viable explanation.

I hope some of the other posters get back to you soon. I'll read their opinions with interest. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: