You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Spirit In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit In My Bedroom

 

This happened when I was nine and lived in a small village called Bargemon, but it scared me so much that I still remember it clearly.

As I said, I was nine or about so when I woke up one night, and heard the church clock from my village ring 5.30 am (I don't know how I knew that, I just knew). I looked around and saw a figure standing between my door and a shelf I had. I couldn't see if it was a man or a woman since I couldn't see its face (it wore a hood and it was all black where the face should have been), but it must have been around 165 cm tall. It wore a long sort of dress, or more like a monk cloak that covered its feet. The cloak had long and large sleeves (you know, like sleeves that aren't attached to your wrist) and it was holding a candle. Also, a pale fluorescent light was emanating from the spirit.

I was so scared that I couldn't scream. With much effort, I managed to turn on the light, and when I turned it off again, the spirit was gone. I never saw it again, mostly because I did everything I could in order not to sleep in my bedroom. I had already had some experiences before that (one night I woke up and saw four children playing it my toys, and another time I saw flying men above my head- but I was more in a state between awake and asleep, so maybe I didn't realize what was going on. This time I was fully awake.)

Anyways, three years later, when I was 12 and still too scared to spend an entire night in my bedroom, I woke up one night and felt some kind of energy. I turned on the light immediately so that I wouldn't see anything. At some moment I heard a man's voice behind my door. It was a bit scratchy, like coming from a radio, and it was sometimes interrupted. But I knew I heard "can't get through" "now it's up to you" "find your way" "story". The voice said these words in Danish (I am Danish).

By some miracle, I fell asleep. And I dreamt that I wanted to contact the spirit I had seen, and that I had to do so by using a radio. When I got the radio ready, a voice came out. And it was the same voice as the one I had heard in my bedroom.

This was the start of a long series of dreams I had until my 13th birthday. I remember dreaming about a pale, black haired man in a suit, standing beside a blonde curly haired woman with blue eyes. I dreamt about the same man being a British soldier during World War II, rescuing a little girl (I was the little girl in the dream. Although I wasn't born in 1945, I'm only 18 now.) One night I dreamt about a brown haired girl entering my kitchen, and when I asked her what her name was she said "Liz". When I woke up, I had a feeling she was his sister.

Telling you all my dreams would be too long (although if you want them I'll post them), so I'll just sum up what I've understood through the dreams I got: the spirit's name was Aliban, he lived in the UK in a house next to a forest with a river. He had a twin brother called Aldiban, and a sister called Liz (the girl from my dream). His mother died when he was ten. She made clothes, and had just finished a dress for a friend that would be worn at their village's ball. The necklace (which was a very elegant and classy) fit perfectly with the dress, so Aliban's mother decided to let her borrow it- Aliban would come and pick it up after the ball. So he did- but on the way home he had to cross the river, and he dropped it. He told his mother, who went to look after it in complete darkness, on a quite cold night. She slipped on a stone and hit her head, and she drowned.

Aldiban was a psychopath. He was jealous of Aliban because he had some special abilities (apparently psychic, and something with animals. He could communicate with them and even transform into one). I had a dream where I saw Aldiban with an evil look and a knife behind his back. He killed Aliban when he got home from the war, and was close to marrying his girlfriend (the blonde haired girl). I don't know if he killed the girlfriend- I only dreamt of her once. Liz saw it all and tried to stop him. But the dream stopped before I could see what happened next. However I had a dream where I saw Liz locked up in a hospital. I saw her last name somewhere -it started with "DDA-.

I also had dreams where I would be told by Aliban that I had special abilities (the same as him), and that I would discover them on my 13th birthday. But on the night of my birthday, nothing happened. And I never had any dreams again.

Today I still wonder what all this meant, and what the spirit wanted. I haven't seen spirits since that night. I've felt things, but prayed for them not to show themselves. It's like I shut that "thing" off in order to be able to sleep. Today I have a very strong intuition, and sometimes I feel things before they happen. It's like I KNOW what will happen- but I can't explain how I know it. I also have dreams that predict the future, but they are quite rare. And I'm good at reading people around me. I can pick up how they feel and feel their emotions, and help them to understand what they are feeling. I also love animals (but I have done that since I was born) and have managed to pet wild ones, like wild cats, sparrows, and a jay). I never heard from Aliban.

But I regret not having the courage to ask the spirit/Aliban what it/he wanted. Maybe I could have helped him. I sometimes want to contact him, but I don't know how to, and I'm scared of the consequences. I'm also terrified of meeting an evil spirit or being attacked.

What do you think? Do you think he was a demon in disguise or that he might have been a good spirit?

Thanks for reading. It feels good to let it out. I've told some people, but I could see in their eyes that they didn't truly believe me, even though they know I wouldn't lie about such things. But I can understand. It's hard to believe when nothing alike has happened to you. Anyway, thanks again.

Other hauntings by Mussi14

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mussi14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mussi14 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
User1960, you are saying I should "tune in" to the spirit. I totally agree with you, but how do I do that? And more importantly, how do I "tune out" again so that I won't be bothered when I don't want to? Because I'm still scared and I haven't been able to sleep because things have started happening again, and I'm so tired. Do you (or anyone else) have an idea? Meditation? Books? Thanks in advance:)
Mussi14 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-08)
Thank you everyone for all your answers! It's really helped me and I'm glad I seel to have these abilities and that it's not just me going mad x) I'm building up the courage to try to contact him and will start meditating soon! I'll keep you updated ^^
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
You probably do have those abilities and Aliban is your guide. Him telling you through the radio "now it's up to you" and "find your way" may be his way of telling you he's not going to tell you what to do but to find it out for yourself. I know, not much of a guide, but maybe if you embrace it and learn more about it, you'll find he's been with you all along. The twin brother in the dream could be a reminder about the evils out there and to watch out for them. I could be waaaaay off on this one but thought I'd throw it out there. It could just be what it is. A dream.
User1690 (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
Very interesting read! The radio you dreamt of at first could have been you 'tuning in' to whomever the spirits were that you had regular dreams about. I have discovered (Through personal experiences) that people really do need to 'tune in' to the frequencies that spirits/guides/demons/etc are on. Some people are already tuned in so they experience/see/interact with spirits already whereas some donot/are unaware. Personally I think these spirits simply wanted to share some information with you and to bring to your attention abilities you do have but are yet to unleash. It is quite possible if you focus on that radio again and 'tune in'? You could call out to the spirit, and, using your senses and intuition, find out what they actually wanted.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
Yeah. You've got some gifts. My mother had uncanny gifts of the "sight" we call it in the U.S. And frankly it about drove her crazy. So all my family with similar gifts have learned what I'm sharing with you is; meditate in the morning, pray a lot in the tradition you understand, and pray somemore. It really does help like everyone is saying it does.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
Mussi14, I would recommend meditation and lots of prayer, before you try contacting any spirit. Because through prayer you can learn to protect yourself. If you learn to correctly, then try to contact the spirit. It also could be a past life of yours. Hey anythings possible with dreams. I wouldn't say Aliban was evil, he may have been trying to let you know you would be advancing as an Empath, or something more. If you can read others, and feel what their feeling without them telling you, you could very well be. Its actually kind of a protection for yourself. If used the right way, you can help others. I am an empath, and I'm grateful for it. I hope you find help.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
When I was your age, I had similar dreams. I wrote these dreams down, and alas, I never came to a resolution. As an adult, I now tend to believe that these dreams were just my own imaginings. But I also saw things before they happened. I saw into people as well. I shut it down. No more dreams. I have no answers, but at the very least, I can assure you that you are okay. I noticed that this website has a sister site regarding psychic and dream experiences. Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/ Perhaps you could find better help there? Best of luck to you.
Cancan (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
I have slot of the same ability's as you do but never shared a dream with a spirit. I think if I was you and really wanted to find out what he wanted. Maybe get a friend to join and go where he is most likely to contact you and ask for him. See if you can get a response. Ask him to show you in your dreams what he wants or needs so you can help. You think maybe the necklace still lost? Maybe if you can find it he can be set free

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: