You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Ghostly Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Encounters

 

Ever since I was little, I have had experienced unusual encounters. My parents' first home was where it all began. Looking under my bed for the good old monster that we all got told of to keep us in bed. Never finding anything.

I was always waking up early hours of the morning to the dog barking, just to see who I thought was mum standing near my bed, looking out the window, telling me everything was alright and go back to sleep. That was until we moved, then I found out after telling my mother about her antics that she never once got up in the middle of the night to look out the window to see what the dog was barking about. That made me think.

The next house was my grandparents, now demolished for a car yard. I would often experience presences of the family pets. I was not the only one, so did my sister. She would hear them. I would often see and hear them. Always going to check up on the pets that we had at the time, to see if they were alright. That was not all, my grandparents' house also had doors that would sound like they were opening and someone was coming inside. No one was ever there when we checked.

This was not the only place. Pretty much every house I have lived in, I have experienced some form of unexplained phenomena. There have been a few on the spooky side to go with it.

Two of the homes I have lived in were a wake up call on the dark side. One of them we would hear old gramophone music playing with voices talking. Green mist would appear late in the night and set the smoke alarms off. No fire to be seen. A lounge room door slamming shut, not a strong enough draft to cause it.

The other house. Okay, just moved in and had not hung the mirror in the bathroom when it went crashing to the floor. Should have had smashed glass everywhere. No! It was facing the ceiling all intact. Pictures pushed off the bench in the kitchen while we were watching TV, no one in there. Turn the lights out, you felt as though someone was right behind you. Toddler's feet crossing the kitchen floor and the glasses tinkling in the cupboard. I would get up to check on our children. All asleep. As I go back to bed, turn the lights out again, heavy footfalls right to the very end of my bed. I remember telling my husband, "I am not looking. I don't want to know who is there," sticking my head under the covers, hoping for sleep.

That house has now had a fire inside of it. The new owners did not have any insurance on it.

I could keep going. I have to leave something for next time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shassa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
Shassa: welcome to YGS.
It seems like you have experienced different kinds of activity; I think the lady by the window was a residual haunting always doing the same.
It is so nice that your disembodied pets still were roaming the place among the live ones and spending sometime with their human family. 😊
Have you ever researched the history of those houses and the land were they stand? Are all this houses nearby each other or are they on different communities?
I'm looking forwards to read more of your experiences.
Thanks for sharing with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: