You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Felt Like Pure Evil

Real Ghost Stories

It Felt Like Pure Evil

 

I always say this before I tell people this story... Words could never describe how horrible, evil and strong this presence was... And I have never felt close to hell like I did that night. I will try to keep this as short as possible, this is just one of my experiences. (I will add more another time.)

One night at my ex-boyfriend's house, we were laying in bed and chatting before we fell asleep like usual. The chatting started to die down, and Brian said something to me along the lines of, "You know how when you close your eyes, your mind makes up images or little movies?" and I said, "Yes, I do". He said he was closing his eyes trying to fall asleep and he saw himself in a car pointed at a brick wall and that there was a dark figure outside the car. He said when he'd turn his head to see what or who it was, it would disappear. I shrugged it off as nothing and said something like, "Well that's odd" and did not think anything else of it. So he falls asleep, and I fight for an hour to fall asleep. It was not like normal, every time I almost fell asleep something would kind of jolt me awake and take my breath away. Again, I did not think much of it and finally fell asleep.

About an hour or two after I fell asleep, I woke up randomly and heard Brian talking in his sleep. I had never heard him do this before so I was curious and just started to listen to his words. It went something like this: *slight laughter* "It kind of looks like a screw." *another faint chuckle* "It kind of looks like alcohol."

I was wondering if maybe he was awake and was talking to me at this point, so I said his name a few times and he woke up. I told him what he said in his sleep and he was confused. He said that the dark figure from his vision was in his dream and was turning into different things, and that every time he would figure out what it was it would turn into something else. Hence the screw and the alcohol. He said that it turned into a giant screw that started screwing itself into the ground and then it turned into a bottle of whiskey.

Anyways, I just thought it was odd but was still not thinking much of it. Then he said, "I don't feel good. I don't feel right" and I didn't feel anything at first so was confused as to what he meant. A few minutes into us sitting there in the dark on the bed, I too started to feel...bad. As if something bad had happened, was happening or was going to happen.

I sent my mom a text (this is at 4am) and I asked her if she was ok, she sent me a message saying she was alright. I thought this would put me at some sort of ease... That the bad feeling would go away but it didn't. Brian leaned closer to me and asked me if I wanted to pray... I said yes. This feeling was growing and getting worse...darker. So we prayed, but the feeling was still there and felt like it was growing stronger by the minute. So by now this feeling went from uncomfortable, to bad, to worse... It kept growing until it felt like PURE evil energy. The only way to describe it is the feeling of pure terror, dread... What you would imagine if you felt close to hell. It felt HORRIBLE and was so strong. We just sat there, frozen in fear of... A feeling that filled the room. Eventually it was so strong there was a tension with us and...it? I say "it" because there was something there creating that horrid feeling but I don't know what.

Halfway through this, we both started looking into the corner of the room. I don't know why, and at the time I didn't notice he was too... Probably because it was hard to see in the dark and I was focused on this evil presence. Anyways, at first I saw nothing in the corner of the room but as the seconds went by I started to see a faint smokey, purplish gray mist form by the door. It was hovering about 2 feet from the ceiling and was about 3 to 4 feet long and 2 to 3 feet wide with no specific shape to it, almost oval blobbish... Lol

Anyways, eventually Brian grabbed my arm and said we need to get out of here NOW. So he pulled me out of bed and we ran out and down the stairs. He was pulling me so fast that I barely felt my feet on the stairs, I was almost flying down them lol. We sat in the garage in our usual hangout spot and just tried to piece together what happened. Everything he was saying was exactly what I felt and saw. At one point, I was certain this thing had moved closer to us and was in the closet... He said the same thing. He felt it, too. He said the reason he got me out of there so fast was because he said the tension was getting so bad between us and it... That he felt as though a horrid monster was going to burst through the door at any moment. He said he KNEW in his head that was not possible but the feeling was so strong and frightening and was telling him to GET OUT of that room asap.

So we cool down a bit, and I know this next part is going to sound insane... But I promise you I have never had ANY thoughts like this before or after this. I saw a screwdriver in the garage and I am image in my mind popped up of me stabbing it into Brian's chest. It scared me, so I told him... I said I would never hurt you EVER and please don't be scared but this is what I saw in my head just now... To which he replied that I should not feel bad because he was looking at the hammer. THAT is when I knew... Whatever that evil presence was, it had really gotten to us.

We did not go back to sleep that night and for 5 days after we slept with the TV on and the dog in the room with us. I am curious, has anyone else ever had something similar happen? Do you know what this... Thing might be? It frightens me that it could show up randomly. It has never been back *knock on wood*. I just want to know... Why us, why then? Any comments or questions are welcomed. You can e-mail me or comment. Thanks, and sorry it was super long.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Goodbyeblueskies, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
Interesting story. What interests me the most is when you said you and your ex felt so much tension that you had the vision with the screw driver. I constantly had those in the past and so far I've held them back. It doesn't matter who I'm with, I have tension. I'm a really nice guy but everyone I meet I get a passing thought of hate and probable homicide but now it's lessoned a lot since I re-found god.
I read that you prayed, I say keep praying and believe in those prayers with everything you have and things will be better.
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
goodbyeblueskies-yes it does suck to have these feelings and it's even harder to tell people about them. People just think you're crazy or psycho. But that's not true. The images that were put in my head, I know did not come from me. I couldn't have thought up such terrible things on my own. They were so horrible and graphic. I wasn't thinking about anything bad, just going about my own business when the images came into my head. It was so shocking and grotesque it made me feel sick. So I know how horrible you must feel. There are no words that can describe the feelings I had or what I saw and it sounds like you experienced the same. I hope you nor I will never experience anything like it again.
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
Gargoyle and kellbear, thank you so much for the replies. As much as it sucks that you have also had to feel that way, it is really good to hear we are not alone in this sort of experience. It seems people that have never experienced it like to play it off as something else... Let them hope they don't ever have to feel it! They will know then...lol
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-07)
I have had many strange things happen in my 70 year old house. I believe we have either a poltergeist or demonic entity. I have had some similar things to this happen, like having images put in my head of hurting my loved ones when I'm just minding my own business not thinking about anything close to what comes in my head. It always shocks and horrifies me. I feel an evil presence a lot of the time, mostly at night. My family and I have felt the foreboding feeling that something bad WILL happen. Sometimes it ends up to be nothing and other times something bad really does happen. There has been so much happen to us I could write a book. But just so you know, you are definatley not alone.
Gargoyle (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-07)
Goodbyeblueskies, very scary account. My wife and I had a similar experience years ago but without the visuals and mind games. I'm glad it didn't happen again and hope you don't ever have to go through anything like that again.
Oh, yes and AzrealX, the human brain is not an organism... At least, I hope not!

Gargoyle
ksgal (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
Next time that or something like that
Happens, say out loud " I plead the blood of Jesus
Over my life."
The blood of Jesus terrifies demons and devils.
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
Griff84,I always thought it was something just passing through. I have heard one other person have something similar happen and then they never had anything scary happen again. Just cold spots, whispers and the feeling of not being alone. So I think you're right. I am glad it never happened again,either! *knock on wood* Was not my first experience though, I bet it won't be my last! Haha
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
Goodbyeblueskies, Does Brian still live in the house? It sounds like something is there, I wonder if the fridge & cabinet doors etc. Is something totally separate to the experience you had. Its seems to me something that can muster all that energy to frighten you both so much when your asleep and awake and could put such negative thoughts in both your heads would not mess around shutting a fridge door, I believe it was just passing through (hopefully it was anyway😕)

I'm glad for you both that you have not experienced it again!
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
Griff84, his dog always acted strange in that entire house. He was very skittish and scared and hid often in the computer room, under the desk. He did not want to come upstairs with us but Brian insisted we bring him. Lol After that night, like I said we kept the tv on and nothing happened. Yes, it definitely did. I have seen ghosts before and it did not scare me at all. Just a shock, but this was far worse. Lol Brian still says random things happen in that house, cabinet doors shutting and lights going on and off when no one else is home. His sister told me she's had the fridge door open all the way and then slam shut. There is definitely something in that house. Glad I don't stay there anymore. Lol That other guy saying it was my brain basically doing all of this,well...that is not true. If you felt this, and experienced it as well then you'd know it as well as I do. Lol
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
Hi Goodbyeblueskies, I'm curious to know what happened just after this experience, when you decided to return to the room the entity was in. Did you still feel a presence at all, or had it completely gone? Also, how have your animals acted in the area, and in general?

Its clear to see that this experience has shook both you and Brian, and I truly hope it is one off and you don't have to endure it again. 😊
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
Mrfknbee, it does kind of sound like that now that you bring it up. Lol Definitely something I would never like to go through again! I wish I could get Brian to write his experience of what happened down, I guarantee it would match mine almost to a T. Everything about it was identical for each other, minus the dreaming. Lol
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
Not to mention, I did not STARE very long for this blob to manifest. When I looked away, and looked back... It was still there. It was not my eyes playing tricks on me. I have done that many times and nothing at all that looked like what I saw has manifested. What you are trying to explain away is something you can never possibly understand as you were NOT there. This had a HUGE impact on us both and it was NOT what you are saying it is.
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
AzraelX, while I do appreciate your comment and thoughts on this. I have to say you are wrong. We both saw the same thing in the room with us. You were not there, it was not at all what you are saying it is. Think whatever you'd like, I kind of hope you have this happen to you now... Just so you know how it feels and then have someone try to explain it away. No, this was paranormal. I know it was, I was there... You were not.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-25)
Great story, it reminds me of the shining because of loved ones turning on each other over unexplained sinister vibes and even though you both love each other and wouldn't harm each other, that split second could have turned very messy. I would like to ask though was it a kind of both sitting calculating your next move without knowing it, so for example your thinking about the screwdriver and hes unintentionally but defensively thinking about the hammer.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
Regarding Brian dreaming of screws and alcohol:Human brain is an extremely complicated organism. It operates on different levels. Brian's brain was dreaming at one level. His consciousness (which relates to the awake state) was sleeping. His sub consciousness was working at another level.
Your brain's dream/ or the section that induces dreams and the sub conscious were having a conversation and playing associative games.
When Brian said he was not feeling not ok and after some time, you also not feeling ok, could be the a sense of mass hysteria of a diminished kind. It works on the same principle. When one person laughs, the person near to them also has an urge to laugh. That's the way our brains operate. Similarly when brian was not feeling ok, and informs you about it, your brain somehow starts thinking on similar lines, decides you are not feeling well also. Which makes you worried and makes you call your mom, because you identify your "not feeling ok" as a signal that something bad is going to happen to people near you.
The being in the corner is a unexplainable psychological experience. It is not just you & brian, but happens to many. People sometimes stare are corners of rooms and goes into a trance sort of stage. The human mind then attributes paranormal beings at corners etc. The exact psychological reasons why we humans as well as cats dogs and other animals stare at and heave towards corners is not known until now.
Too much trance like thinking makes the human brain a hotbed for all stupid thinking. So your brian's brain was being silly. That's all.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
I've actually seen something like a red light before too... When I was younger, I used to close my eyes and let random images flow through my mind. Sometimes I'd open my eyes and I'd continue to see strange things. I think perhaps it may be related to a meditative or trance-like state. And in my experience, being in such a state can open you to a lot of crazy, sometimes scary things. Maybe you both just have very open minds and open souls, and that night together was one that presented a very strong draw for an evil entity. Over the past half of my life, I've formed a barrier, of sorts. I don't pretend to understand it, but I have imagined a wall around myself ever since I was about 13, when I had a really bad experience. Self-proclaimed psychics can't read me, and I'm sometimes approached by them because they don't understand why. They say it's like they try to get past a wall and it catches fire and burns them. I'm impervious to ghost attacks and hauntings. Basically, it's like I've been slowly twisting shut this valve that allows for the flow of spiritual energy (in both directions) until finally it was completely shut.

Again, I can't begin to understand any of this or explain how it works, but I do think it would be best to seek out a priest or priestess and find your own methods for warding off future attacks. Take care! ❤
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Miracles, that is really weird! I never had someone else say they had something similar happen! It started out as a red dot then turned into a red flower and moved in a circle. A very simple flower, like one made of circles, the kind you'd put on the end of a laser pointer to make images on your walls. Not only was no one outside, but I had blinds and curtains so it really makes no sense. The only other person in the house was my Grandma and she was asleep and doesn't even own a laser pointer. I don't know why it freaked me out so much, a little red light does not seem that bad but the fact that it came out of no where is the creepy part! Lol
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Goodbyeblueskies - I've experienced a red laser light before too. This one was outside, though. But no one was outside that could have been playing a prank. I checked 😆
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Thank you! Lol I am glad,too. I think it was trying to bring us down as well. It definitely was not good, I know that much! Thanks for your comments and concerns, it means a lot after telling this to others and them not fully grasping how severe it actually was!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Seems likely to me that it may have been trying to drag you back down. I'm glad nothing so severe has happened since. ❤
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
BadJuuJuu, thank you for your reply.:) No, we never fought and we were under no stress. Pretty care free and happy,actually. I had wondered if maybe it just did not like that we were happy together and not down anymore like we were? Maybe it wanted to keep us down? It really was an odd thing to randomly happen. He has told me that since then, he has had a couple of things happen there. Like while napping on the sofa, he felt a shadow on top of him and while home alone had lights go off but nothing near like what we had experienced that night. Lol
Goodbyeblueskies (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Thank you,Miracles511031. I have no knowledge of the land or the house on it, but it was a newer home. The land where he lives is out in the woods, all lime rock roads. My Grandma lived out that way, even deeper for years. My old room scared me to where I kept the light on as well. Lol I kept seeing a little red light like a laser pointer swirling around my room and making shapes one night. There was no one outside the window to play a prank on me, and none of my friends would travel that far just to do that anyways. I turned the light on and it stopped. I use to see shadow people in there often. But they were not like shadow people I had seen before, more like the same kind of shadows but in a huge mass on the ceiling. We didn't mess with anything paranormal, I have no idea what he was into though before we got together. He blamed me saying he had lived there for years and had never had anything happen before and I blamed him because I had never experienced anything so awful before being there. Haha
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Had either of you been going through a stressful situation, or had either of you maybe been sick? Had there been any arguing or tension between the two of you? Certain types of entities behave like predators, and will attack if they sense weakness. Think of it like natural predators. Lions don't attack the strong zebra, they go for the weak or injured. If either or both of you were in a weakened state from illness or stress, something may have decided that was a good opportunity to strike.
Sticking together was, in my opinion, the best defense against whatever was hassling you. You had strength in each other, and it failed to tear you apart. It may never come back, and I hope it doesn't.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Goodbyeblueskies - the best case scenario that I can think of, and it truly isn't good no matter how I look at it (I'm sorry😢), is you and your boyfriend picked up on negative energy in the home.

As for why it has only happened the one time, it could be that it is a residual energy and only happens during a certain time and when the conditions are right. Anniversaries of tragic events sometimes bring out negativity, such as what you and Brian experienced, when under other circumstances these God-awful feelings would never occur to either of you.

Do you or Brian know anything about the history, or former residents, of the home? Negative emotions don't necessarily mean someone had to have died in the home. I believe that anger, violence, even thoughts of physical harm (to someone else or oneself), if those thoughts are strong enough, can stay behind.

That's just what I thought when I read your story. Others may feel something completely different. Thank you for sharing your and Brian's experience and welcome to YGS 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: