You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Green Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Green Man

 

I'm a strapping young man living in British Columbia, Canada. And I would consider myself fairly normal relative to other eighteen year-old boys, curious, hormonal, eager to make my way in the world and what not.

Now that you have an idea of who I am, let me cleanly segue into what I came here to post... From the ages of four to ten I lived in a place called Quinsam Trailer Park. I have more than one story to recount from there, but let me start with the most vivid memory I have.

I was seven years old, laying on the top bunk of my bunk bed (Note: I have no siblings.). The first thing I remember is waking up and seeing the plastic paneled roof (the sort with seams running throughout, almost like siding). It was very late; all the lights in the house were turned off and my parents were sound asleep. I felt what could only be described as a light tugging sensation, almost an urge to look to my right. Note that my bunk bed was shoved into the corner of my room on the left with the door to my right.

My door was open as usual and I started to drift back to sleep when... What could only be described as a naked man-like figure made of self-contained green light walked into my doorway. It did not cast any light on the walls. In fact, it kind of looked like the dull green colour you might experience by rubbing your eyes through your eyelids and then looking into a dark room. But make no mistake, THAT is most definitely NOT what I was experiencing. For something like that doesn't form perfectly the shape of a naked man without facial features, arms to the side, standing tall in my door frame.

I wasn't afraid, I wasn't calm... I was feeling the kind of serenity you only experience right before falling asleep. The being took a step into my doorway, looked up at me for a brief moment and proceeded to turn its head down to the right to the point where it was looking straight at the air vent situated in the floor adjacent to my door. This is the oddest part, it dissolved slowly into a mist-like form and was absorbed into the vent.

I did some research and I'll debunk this idea before it starts: It wasn't sleep paralysis. I consciously moved my head to look at the doorway. Opinions?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlanknameSpace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

halloween (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
BlanknameSpace, I also had an encounter with The Green Man. I was around 8 years of age and shared a room with my sister age 12, our beds were on either sides of the room with a dresser drawer seperating the two. I was trying to go to sleep as my sister was already snoring when I saw him standing in the doorway of our opened bedroom door. I saw no facial features and he was tall with an internalglowing green. He walked towards the dresser next to me knelt down on one knee, opened the bottom drawer and started throwing out all the clothes everywear. I screamed and cried for my parents and as soon as they turned the lite on he was gone. Saying it was just a dream. Always to leave me wondering.
EmilyRhianna (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
Hi! I believe I am from the same town as you. I'm curious to hear about more of your experiences, if you don't mind sharing. I used to live out by that trailer park closer to the lake.
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
I have had more experiences in that trailer than just this one. Do I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I wasn't asleep? No, not really. It's that easy to dismiss, but I've not had a history with sleep paralysis. It seemed too real to be a figment of my imagination, but hey, glad I could share.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-01)
Has to be the coolest name on YGS, Blanknamespace. I can't see why it would go to the vent either. But I totaly believe the green man thing. Only you can also dream like that also. Have you had any more occurances? Actualy, if you did, it would be wonderfull if you posted them. Neat story,thanks.
Shadowyne33 (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-28)
Did you ever check the air vent to see if anything was in it? It would be neat if you found something or some sort of clue as to why he went into it.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
BlanknameSpace, Hmmm. It could be a spirit passing through, and you just so happened to catch it. Or what to me sounds like a dream. Some dreams can be life like to a point, you may think its real. I'm not saying your experience isn't at all real, but it is a possibilty. Dont mean to offend.
101crazy (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-25)
hmmmm I am not 100 percent sure but ok right I don't know the name of this condition but when you wake up from a dream it feels like you were just normal you know what I mean. Like when you wake up you know what you just experienced is a dream but sometimes if you
experience this condition it doesn't feel like you have woken up and you often just fall straight back to sleep so it could have been a dream 😕
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
How do you know that it wasn't sleep paralysis at all?
Sleep Paralysis does allow of movement of certain parts of our body.

Just because you could move your head doesn't indicate that what you were experiencing wasn't sleep paralysis.
Perhaps, it could be of paranormal origins too.

Sleep paralysis induces so many illusions in our brains.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: