You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Uneasy In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Uneasy In My Bedroom

 

So those of you who have read my other story know that I believe there are two men who stay/haunt my room. Mostly my closet. I never feel threatened by them. So what I am about to tell you... Freaked me out so bad.

One night I was up late, listening to music and playing games on facebook because well, I am addicted to some games. It was around 2:30am that I went to sleep. I got woken up about an hour into my sleep by light tapping on the walls. I didn't think too much of it because sometimes we have a squirrel that gets into the walls. So I ignored it and went back to sleep.

Then around 4:45am the door on my armoire opened and I heard it close (it clicked both times). I don't fully wake up but I'm awake enough to hear... And I heard a male voice say, "Shhh, child" and (with my back turned to it) I felt something/someone touch my head and kind of push down (not too hard). I felt very uneasy and scared like it was going to hurt me, or it has hurt someone before. Then I closed my eyes tightly, and heard the door click open, and then close. And the atmosphere changed it got lighter and I drifted right to sleep.

I haven't heard or felt anything since. I have no idea who it could of been. My sister tried and tried to get me to use my Ouija Board but I refuse because if its evil I don't want it to think it can come around whenever it wants.

I did, however, have a dream about a guy that looked to be from the 1800's standing in my backyard with gallow scars around his neck. I can see them clearly, they look like fresh just healed wounds/scars. I have no clue if that's related because sometimes I have dreams about the things that are in my house. Then it will happen at random times. I have no idea if it means anything or if I am just crazy. Ha, but that's my story so far...

Other hauntings by Sbutterfly83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sbutterfly83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sbutterfly83 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
Hey thanks for the comments... So sorry I haven't been around. We have been internet challenged for a while and then as soon as we got internet working our computer quit... Which makes sense because it's 5 years old.

Anyways...back to the topic at hand. No, it couldn't of been any family members because my Mother and I were the only ones living here at the time and she makes tons of noise when she enters my room because she has to go down stairs. I wake up to that. I know that sound. Also my mom's voice isn't deep at all.

There very well could be other explanations... I do think the scratching was the animals. I haven't felt the negative energy again, but I do often hear my armoire doors open and close at random times. It's like whoever is doing it, is trying to be ever so quiet.
Bejek (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-01)
It's entirely possible you were still sleeping or half asleep still. It's not unusual for the brain to continue to transmit information while the user is half awake while the brain is still dreaming.

The brain is a fantastic organ and it's not unheard of having it actually make up noises, events or feelings. A high axenity can actually make things worse and if a person already feels they are being haunted, can heighten and make things worse.

Outside influences such as EMF that are above average can effect you, how you feel and possibly even dreaming or sleeping. There's other cases in which people are have been suffering from mild poisoning such as CO or even paint fumes which can directly effect almost every aspect of your body.

As for the scratching or sounds, it could be almost anything. I've had a wood pecker gouging out the side if the house near my room, which resulted in the sounds of tapping in my walls and I've had scratching in the walls that was the result of vermin such as mice or squirrels.

Many people feel even more vulnerable while in bed or trying to sleep, which doesn't make issues any better. I suggest looking into all sources and trying to debunk as much as you can, simply for ease of mind.

Please understand I am not saying what has happened to you isn't exactly what you think it is, because the only person who will ever truly ever know is you, I am simply offering ideas to what could be effecting you.

Even if this does turn out to be a legitimate haunting, a feeling of dread isn't uncommon for people confronted by the unknown and there's no reason to assume it or they mean you any harm. I suggest openly talking to the room and explain what made you uncomfortable and ask it not to do it again, you may feel silly but if it's there it'll hear you and it's possibly it'll understand and relent on it's behavior.
curiousDevu (10 stories) (45 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-01)
That's a very fascinating experience, you established physical contact with the ghost (it pushing you down) sometimes, you feel the energy given of by powerful spirits in the form of dreams. You can try a cleansing, there are a few methods on this site. One particular method by Rookdygin works, I have tried it personally when I was hearing voices in my house. Stay safe,

This comment from Brooks24000 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-25)
The presence (whether bodied or spirit) may not have been negative, but in your half-sleep state you attributed negativity to it. When people suffer sleep paralysis, for example, it's pretty common for them first to feel dread, and then the brain fills in reasons for that dread. It sounds to me like you felt something negative, and then your brain filled in the blanks.

I agree with Griff that you should ask if anyone else in your family had come into your room, and I agree with spiritwaiting that it was good for you to say no to using a Ouija board.

Also, honestly, I'd be inclined to investigate the armoire to see what was being done with the contents. Perhaps it was your father's spirit, double checking to make sure everything was in order. Or maybe your mother came into your room and you heard a male voice in your half-asleep state.

Thinking back to your older story, it comes to mind how whenever I'm around my parents and I'm wearing a ponytail, for some odd reason my dad likes to tug it. Maybe he's there with another spirit, kind of watching over you, protecting you. (I'm not saying this with any kind of authority, of course. I'm just spitballing.)

Seriously, I think it's time to investigate the armoire. Check to see if there are any new items in there. I'd also consider taping it shut at night to see if that prevents it from popping open, as it's quite possible that the latch is just not catching properly, and again, your brain is probably just filling in the blanks.

Try to think about it from a non-paranormal perspective and do what you can to prevent it from recurring. If something rips off the tape, then I'd say something is trying to access the armoire, and I'd want to know why.

Keep us updated!
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
Sbutterfly83, Could this not have been someone in your family coming in and checking on you in the night? Obviously you say you had your back to the person, so you didn't see who it was. Have you asked your family members?

If it was not, then it sounds like they were just checking in on you, although this does not explain the negative feeling. I think that could have just come from you being aware of an unknown person in your room, and not knowing who it was or what they wanted.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
Sbutterfly83, I have definitely read your other stories. It may. Be you feeling the energy given off by the spirits whom are still residing there. The dreams areways for them to communicate to you. You may be a sensitive, from what you have written in this experience and your others. The uneasy feeling could have been a spirit passing through. I believe I commented on another of yours and the house really sounds like some sort of portal. Oh and good for you standing your ground against the Quija board. Be careful, and try a cleansing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: