You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Oh How My Powers Grow

Real Ghost Stories

Oh How My Powers Grow

 

Hallo to all my YGS friends! As a courtesy to new readers to my posts, I live in a house containing three spirits. One is a little boy named Adam, who died in the room he now sees as his sanctuary. The second is my Maternal Grandmother, who is a guardian spirit to her daughters (every generation since her passing who acknowledge her, and now also my twin sons) and the last is my best friend, Charlie, who is my personal guardian.

This past Saturday, 1 March 2014, we threw a party at my house to celebrate my birthday (I turned 30 on Sunday, 2 March). As I had experienced "contact" with my gran on my 29th birthday, I was quite sure that someone would be breaking through to me again this year. As it happens, the party did not last too long, most of my family and friends came from rather far, so they left at around 10:00PM. However, myself and my 3 best friends, Elaine, Tim and Jay (Elaine calls us the 4 musketeers) ended up sitting by the pool and listening to music, chatting about mostly ghostly stuff and people we loved and missed, until literally 3AM.

I had to ask Tim, who is a medium, how Adam was doing and he told me the little guy is very happy and content, like he doesn't have a care in the world. I told Tim that another friend of mine, Eugene, had been in my house 3 weeks prior and Adam had played hide and seek with Eugene. He would peek out behind a pillar in the Jacuzzi area and when Eugene would look he would quickly hide again. Eugene had also been given glimpses of my house (by gran of all people) before they even set foot in my house. He could tell me what colour my tiles are in the lounge, he knew I had a bedroom that is painted a funny deep pink colour with orange curtains, that the passageway to the bedrooms is quite long if you look at it from inside my bedroom, and he could even see what my kitchen looks like. He was so overwhelmed when he was in my house, he could not believe that he had seen it all before he was there.

Anyway, we were talking about birthdays and I told Tim I had the last birthday card Charlie had given me, and I ran to go and get the box I keep my old letters and stuff in. I sat down on the couch and began rifling through the letters and cards until I found the card that he had given me. As I sat there I realized that Charlie had sat down on the armrest of the couch, to my right. At first I was a little overwhelmed, and Tim noticed that something was up, so he asked me if I was ok. I asked him if Charlie had just stretched out on the arm rest, and kind of leaned into me, throwing his left arm over my left shoulder and bringing his head down to mine. His legs were stretched out like he was crossing his feet at the ankles as well. He said yes. Then I asked him if Charlie was wearing his favourite yellow Yanky t-shirt, to which he got this huge smile and said yes, again. I told him I could feel where Charlie touched me, but in my mind's eye I could see him sitting with me. Tim actually looked proud. I closed the box of letters and put it down next to me, and got a little nudge in my ribs. Tim said to me "Charlie wasn't done looking you know". This made me laugh. Tim commented on the card and told me that Charlie had sat with it in front of him for over an hour, not sure what to write in it. In the end he just wrote my name at the top, and "From Charlie" at the bottom.

Somehow we got onto the topic of what had happened to me while I was married. I asked Tim questions that I knew he could answer because Charlie had shown him everything that had happened to me. Tim answered most of my questions without hesitation. One particular aspect I told my friends that I was struggling to remember, I had gone through hell at the hands of my ex-husband, and had blocked out most of what he had done to me until Charlie and Tim helped me remember.

But one memory remains very broken and hazy. I can remember the aftermath, but I can't remember what led up to me being injured, can't remember how I got hurt at all. To this Elaine told me to stop trying to remember, as the likelihood is that it is something that I will not be able to handle if I did. Tim agreed. Tim again told me how he could not only see what had been done to me, he was literally feeling what my ex-husband felt, seeing through his eyes. He told me that it was pure hatred. Every time he did something to try and end my life, he was actually testing my resistance. He was planning to carry it through, just had not gotten everything in place yet. As he told me these things I began to get very worked up, and I did not realize it but I was staring to hold my breath. Until Charlie poked me in the ribs. Tim told me to breathe and to relax, what happened was over, that man would not come near me again. I told him I still cannot understand what I ever did to cause someone to do this to me, and Tim told me that it was hatred toward women, I was just the convenient person to take his anger out on.

As time progresses I'm getting more and more in tune with my spirits. My intuition tells me, since I can "see" Charlie through my mind's eye, he will most likely be the first one I really see fully - not as a silhouette or shadow - but full as Tim sees him.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Hi guys!
Thank you so much for commenting. I have gone through a lot in my life, and now I really understand the massive impact that these spirits have had in my life. I will be posting another story shortly where a few of the puzzle pieces of my past with my ex fall into place, and the realization is absolutely surreal.
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
Hi [at] triden07! I have read ALL of your stories. And I also tell them to my wife. I am really intrigued with how you have 3 resident good spirits with you. My wife is also one with the gift to see/feel them. Most of those she sees are deceased relatives. And I can tell that we can relate on your stories as we have same experiences at some point. Keep posting your stories as I am here to follow them.

Good Luck!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
Dear Triden07, Hello to you to. Your story is very close to some of my personal experiences and has touched me through to my soul. I'm sorry you had to endure what you did. In the long run, though I'm sure youre much stronger now. Thankful as well you were able to get away and out of that situation, however you did. I hope you are able to progress with your gift and are able to finally see Charlie fully. What an experience with him poking you,exciting! And how loving he is. I love all of your experiences, they are fascinating!

All love
Sincerely Spiritwaiting ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: