You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Three Knocks

Real Ghost Stories

Three Knocks

 

The event I will talk about is not mine, but instead of my maternal grandparents. I have never met my grandfather, he died before I was born so this was told to me by my mother. This happened when my mother was still a child.

My grandfather was working in a dispensary and sometimes came home at night and my grandmother used to wait for him. One night, she heard only one knock on the door and heard my grandfather's voice, saying, "Open, Mani, (that's my grandmother's name) it's me." She opened the door but there was no one out there, only felt a breeze that chilled her to the bone. Being weak-hearted, my grandma fainted.

Sometime later, my grandfather came and found my grandma lying on the floor. He woke her up and, at first, when my grandma saw him she was scared, but after being convinced that it was really my grandpa, she told him what happened. Finally, they came to the same conclusion--it was a ghost! My grandfather told her that henceforth, when he came, he would knock 3 times and only then should my grandma open the door.

I asked my mother the reason behind this and she told me that in the past, spirits liked to play that kind of prank but they only knocked one time and never more. My mother also added that at night we should avoid calling out people by their name too loud, as spirits passing by may "capture" the name and will come call you at night. Spooky, isn't it?

So from that day on, my grandpa always knocked three times and made sure never to call out to my grandma using her name.

Other hauntings by Jane01

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jane01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

khushireina (3 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-03)
i enjoyed it... But hey I guess I have read that it should be knocked less than 3 or more than 3 because if someone calls out yoour name 3 times or knock 3 times it's a ghost...spirit...proven in conjuring 😨 🤔 😕
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
Really spooky one. I think we have this kind of belief in my country. There was a warning not to left our slippers/shoes/etc. Outside the house as spirits or cult members may use this and hypnotize the owner at night and make them follow their bidding.
Jane01 (4 stories) (13 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
[at] spiritwaiting: no it happened only once, thank God... Otherwise my grandma would not have been able to bear it again... This story really scared me and I always make sure never to call anyone by their name at night, at least not loudly...
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
Jane01, wow! That is kind of spooky. Its nice that your grandparents worked out a knock pattern. Did it ever knock again? That you know of.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: