You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: My First Paranormal Experience: Possesion

Real Ghost Stories

My First Paranormal Experience: Possesion

 

My first paranormal experience is actually one of the earliest memories I can remember from my early childhood. I was around 5 years old when this event occurred.

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night to my mom crying and wailing. When I opened my eyes I found that we (me and mom) were in the corner of my parent's room (I would sleep with parents from time to time, and this one of those nights.) My mom had me wrapped up so tightly in the cover that my arms and legs had gone to sleep. I looked towards the bed to see my father, about 6 inches off the bed. He was holding onto the bed posts, otherwise, it looked like he would've been slammed against the wall. It looked like something was pulling on his ankles and trying to yank him off the bed. He was screaming and convulsing. He seemed to be speaking, but it wasn't any language that I had ever heard. This only went on for several minutes. Soon he fell back to the bed and woke up in a daze and wasn't sure what had happened.

It was later found that mom was messing with things she shouldn't have been: Ouija Boards, witchcraft etc. She had been speaking to something on the Ouija Board that she thought was a nice spirit. After this experience, I'm almost positive she was having conversations with a demon or a very strong, malevolent spirit. The next day my Dad was fine. He seemed to be a little sick, like he didn't feel well. I can only imagine how he felt. He has told me that he can remember some of what happened, as far as the major parts. He told me it felt like something was trying to posess him. I'm not sure, but there was no long term damage after this event.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mmmbrainss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
I understand you must have been frightened as was I the first time I saw a possession but you must remember ouija boards are dangerous. P.S If that thing is still around try burning sage also keep the bible/The Lords Prayer with you I also think it would be safe to have someone experienced to bless your home because as soon as you let something in it never wants to leave Regards,
Rachel806
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
Wow, this is really scary! I also would like to know if anything more happened. Have you talked to your parents about this experience recently? They may remember more than you recall. I'm glad to hear your father managed to come out of it okay.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Oh my goodness. I would have been terrified as well! I also wonder if your mother left all of that alone. Because that would have scared me right out of it. This is one of the stories that unexperienced and curious ones need to read, before dabbling into this.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Well... Dang! I hope your mom learned her lesson. How fortunate your father suffered no long term damage.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
lady-glow, I agree this was intense. It's interesting that the father was the source of the attack. Maybe the mother was complaining about him to her new ''friend''? Or wished he would get a raise which he got but not in the manner in which she wanted.
It is terrible that Mmmbrainss had to witness this at such a young age. But now that she knows her mother was using Ouija Board she won't try to use herself.

Regards
RedWolf
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
That's intense!
Did anything else happened after this event?
I hope your mother learnt the lesson and stopped doing stupid things that put her family in danger and set a bad example for her offspring.😠

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: