You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demonic Slumber Party

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Slumber Party

 

The story takes place right outside of Millington Tennessee. At the time, I was twelve years old, and this was my very first encounter. My best friend was going to have a slumber party to celebrate her 12th birthday. She invited me and two other girls, and I was the eldest by a few months. We arrived in the same car, and the party started at about seven o'clock p.m. We started by eating cake, and attempting to play Clue.

Then, we attempted to play twister, and her mother went to bed. Her older brother was spending the night at his friends house about twenty miles away. Her mother told us to go to my friend's room, so we did. One of her other friends told us a ghost story, and then my friend did something I regret to this day. She told us about her "imaginary" friend, and I knew that she was only trying to scare the other girls.

She said that her "friend" showed up at midnight and left at one o'clock a.m. Then at midnight, it came. It started with me telling them I could tell when bad things were going to happen, and that I had seen a warning. They all got scared, but we were thirsty so they went to the kitchen to get some drinks. Well, when I got half way down the hall, I remembered that I forgot something in the room and went back to get it.

When I came down the hall, I felt like I was being choked. I was literally unable to breathe. The two other girls were looking at me and saw my face turning blue, my friend was looking down the hall. When I saw the look on her face, I turned around still gasping for air and crying. I still remember the creature to this day. It was in her brother's room, staring at me with red eyes. It was like a shadow, but it was tall and had large bat wings.

I turned away and I started being able to breathe again, but when I looked at the room again the creature was gone. We all ran back to the room, shut, locked, and put a chair under the door! Thirty minutes later, we heard some one walking down the hall and we called out my friend's mother's name. No one answered, so we called out again, still no answer. Then, the doorknob jiggled. We all huddled together on my friend's bed. We never heard footsteps leave.

Sure enough, at one o'clock a.m. the presence was completely gone. Just to be sure, we didn't sleep at all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alona, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RichGlamQueen (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Alona, Please Tell Us What You Think Is the Reason Of All This! Don't Leave All Of Us In Suspense!
nowimangry12 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Well I do truthfully believe in spirits but a vampire with bat wings? Very unusual. As much as I believe you being choked maybe all the choke frightened you so much you started to paranoy yourself making you think that there was something there. But I have never seen anything like that. I can just feel that they are here. I wouldn't be sleeping over there anymore.
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Like many others are saying, prehaps it was a vampire. Maybe your friend affected you somehow through magick without knowing it. I can't see the Demon thing though in my view.

Maybe it was a Physic or "psi" vampire. In my research it seems some "spirit creatures" feed off of fear or other intense emotions.

Abby could also be right but whatever happened I hope everything is fine now.

Ave Satannas
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
That is terrifying.

Has anything else ever happened at your friends' house?

I hope all is well! ❤
GloomySunday (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
This is very creepy. There is something about the minds of children that just attract bad spirits.
Actually there was a dovcumentry on tv a while ago about a boy, around 12 years old, who had made friends with a demon, reffering to him only as "Man". His father thought it was only an imaginary friend, since no one ever saw "Man", but his mother new that something strange was happening. The boy started changing and doing bad things all because "'Man' told him to" or "'Man' said it would be fun".
I watched the whole documantry and, needless to say, it completely freeked me out.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Greetings,

Hello Alona, I believe I have found a creature that fits your description "...staring at me with red eyes. It was like a shadow, but it was tall and had large bat wings" It is a vampire of Philippine lore. The Manananggal. But I don't know how a Philippine vampire could get to Tennesse, USA. Confusing isn't it?

Your story is very exciting. I encourage you to write more stories, if more experiences do occur, if you don't mind. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
coolcat12 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I am sure it was a demon. I am pretty sure that demons are the only ghostly type things that can actually hurt you. If I am wrong about demons being the only thing that can hurt you, then please tell me as soon as possible. 😊
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Maybe it was a vampire, since it had red eyes, or a demon, or a devil... Or something else.
😐 😢
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Alona, please do share, what was the reason behind this happening? It may clear up some of the things people are so skeptic about. 😊
alona (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Thx for the comments. Since this posting I've figured out a lot about myself. Now I know the reason behind what happened. Mystery solved 😐
puppy_posses_me96 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
im not complaining I mean maybe her friend was a GHOST! (awoo!) no but its happened to me before but I was out in an open feild at night so you can only imagine...
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
if I was there I would be totally creeped out but I wouldn't huldel in the bed I would hold the door shut so no one could get in ❤
kitty_xo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
When You Say "Creature" Are You Meaning A Animal Or A Person, It's A Little Confusing To Me... But I Love The Story It Is Awesome. 😊
Jason143 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
I m skeptic too... And specially this website being so original and so honest with every one's experience, however, Alona, have you ever heard of a gargoyle... Your description seems to fit...well...if you could give me a bit more of information about the surroundings and the built of the house, I could try a small bit of research...newaz, thanks for the story.
Good luck be with you all.
marcikys (2 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
i don't know about this one. Sounds kind of crazy. I mean a creature? Guess I would have had to be there. Glad I wasn't though I might not have gotten sleep for a very long time after that.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
alona, do share you conclusions! Don't leave us hanging like that 😉 but thanks for getting back to us.
alona (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Thank yall for yalls comments. The other girls were skeptics to, and I think I've sortof figured out why it came after me. 😐
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear alona,

You may have created something through your fears and intention that even if it is not true, may in later time manifest or come into this reality as being true. Be careful what you put your intention on as it may come back to haunt you.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Me transmitte sursum, caledoni! 🤔I always find it quite interesting when someone tells a ghost story and then something happens. Sorry skeptical side is flashing red lights on this one. But I thank Alona for sharing it with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
-1
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Yeah, I'm really not sure about this one, but the author is a registered user who claims to have psychic gifts so... 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: