You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts Come & Go

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Come & Go

 

This is my 2nd posting. This is a common thing in the house and has taken place more often than not. Sitting in the living room, out of the peripheral of my eyes, I often see shadow figures that walk towards the front door of the house from the rear of the house. Also, they come in from the front door towards the rear of the house.

I'm not the only one that sees this. My dog, for one, would pop his head up and follow the entity until it's out of his view, then he'd put his head down. Sometimes my mom would ask, "What was that?" to me and I'd respond to her, "It was a ghost". She sees it the same time I do and the dog which makes it legitimate. It seems it wasn't cars going by, it was debunked. My mom freaks out and doesn't like to talk about it.

In my bedroom, where the ghosts love to play, I always keep a fan on while I sleep. I always have the fan on oscillate. One night in particular, I tried a totally different idea to see if whatever likes to visit me would like a new thing to do. I pulled the knob on the fan to stop the oscillating. As I laid in bed, I felt like I wasn't alone. I could hear my nightly visitor playing with my necklaces, pens and lighter as usual. All of a sudden, I heard the fan oscillating button slam down as with force of a living person. I guess my translucent friend didn't like change. Lol.

I want to note that back in the late 1990s or early 2000s I bought a Ouija board from my local toy store, thinking it was cool. I never played with the board because I knew that those things can bring in some unwanted things, demons. My now-ex took it upon herself to play with my board on some occasions but outside the house (never inside). I don't believe that was the cause of all the great activity I've been experiencing since. All of this has been going on way before that, but it could have escalated it, maybe? The board has been gone for quite some time, the ex took it, which is good for me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JuggaloJohn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bru (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-13)
I don't believe it was the Ouija board that brought the spirits in. They were probably apart of the house the whole time. Especially since they are friendly, and only lightly interact.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-06)
Sounds to me like your place may be a portal. Interesting that you never see them coming back through the door but maybe its an exit only. If there is any way to nonchalantly ask your neighbors about such things, it would be interesting to know whether they are experiencing anything.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-28)
Why did you buy the board if you knew "not to play with it"?

Perhaps your initial desire to own it opened up a gateway?

Can you clarify why you would buy it but not play with it?
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-27)
Do you know anything about the property you live on? I bet animals do see more than we do. I don't blame your mom for not wanting to talk about it! 😨 YES, I too believe Ouija boards and such things can bring in unwelcome spirits. Silverthane61 reminded me of that and I wrote about the crystal ball I ordered in the mail and tried to use, I kind of wish I hadn't and glad your ex took that Ouija board off your hands! Thanks for sharing, glad your "ghosts" seem to be friendly. ❤
JuggaloJohn (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
🤔 I am glad I don't have the board anymore and that no unwanted spirits came due to it. The ghosts I have are all playful and Casper like, lol. Thank you for your comments, I love hearing and reading them.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
Any type of scrying activity - whether it be a Ouija, spirit board, or any other type of device used for communicating with other dimensions has the potential for bringing in unwanted guests. However, I am happy that you rid yourself of that board.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Hi JuggaloJohn,

I'm with you on the Ouija Board. It's good that thing went with her. 😜

When I was in my early twenties, I lived in a place that, it seemed to me, was extremely active. I basically lived with headphones on and music up loud.

It was the house of my mother's third husband. I was not sorry to move out.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: