You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man Sitting On My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Sitting On My Bed

 

Before I begin, there are a few things I'd like you to know. Firstly, I suffer bouts of depression and I also have manic episodes, where I'm very happy and feel on top of the world. What I'm getting at is that I'm very much aware of mental health issues. I take absolutely no medication whatsoever. I just cope. I do not drink heavily and I do not use drugs. I function normally, drive, go to work etc. I was raised Catholic, however I'm very open minded to the possibility of anything, ghosts, spirits, demons, angels etc.

I'm here because I don't know what to do.

2 nights ago, I woke up at 5.00 am, looked to the left of me (where there is a mirror propped up against my wall) and saw a man sitting at the end of my bed, appearing to look at me through the mirror. Logic said he should have been sitting to the right of my bed. Hope this makes sense. (It wasn't as if he was IN the mirror).

My first thought was again logic... 'Is this mirror tilted and is this my reflection I'm seeing distorted...? I moved. The reflection did not move with me.

I looked to the right of my bed. Nothing.

Looked in the mirror again, still there.

Looked to the right, nothing.

Mirror again, nothing. He'd vanished.

The gentleman looked slightly like my grandad, although I'm not 100% sure it was him or his vision I saw. I did not feel scared, only slightly freaked out but strangely calm. I could make out his facial features and I know he was wearing dark rimmed glasses.

I got out of bed and checked the mirror. The mirror was not tilted, therefore, because of my position in the bed, the reflection could not have been mine.

As weird as this sounds, I got back into bed and fell asleep no trouble. I know, its crazy, but honestly I was not scared.

Since this happened, I've noticed I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eye and hearing things, noises that only I can hear. Incidently, I do have an unbelievably sensitive sense of smell.

Do you think my night visitor holds any relevance with regards to my life the way it is? Like, with my depression, it could be my brain I know that... Or is it a negative energy? Could there be a negative energy around me and this man is watching me as a good guide? Is he the negative energy? I know the possibilites are endless and you're not doctors but do you think that the way I am is anything ghost/demon/negative energy/spirit related? Do I go to a priest for a blessing to rid whatevers following me if something is? Or could it actually be my grandad paying me a visit to check up on me?

Your thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. I feel like I'm cracking up. (Which I know is also a possibility...)

Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marie1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hi,

I was too lazy to read all the comments. Sorry. Like you said; we are no doctors (and even a doctor needs to examine a patient to do a diagnosis) so we can only give you our impressions. I get an impression, that your visitor may have been a real ghost. Most probably your grandfather or other relative. As far as I know, meeting deceased relatives can bring you feeling of comfort and that would expalin why you fell asleep. On the other hand there is this matter of seeing things from the corner of your eye etc. Wich is also common for sensitive people. All your experiences fit well to the paranormal realm, but I do not know if your mental issues can interact with your sensitivity. You should take care of your self and avoid things that feel harmful. That is a good advise to anyone.
ADCJ (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
have you had your blood sugar checked? I've had issues not being able to get pregnant, bouts of sadness and 0-60 changes in my mood, happy to really really grouchy. I saw a psychic and she told me I'm almost hypoglycemic. I've started eating better and can tell the change in the way I feel. Might be worth a try but I don't know your situation, just a thought. Good luck with everything!
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
hi,Lady glow. I'm not sure specifically which aspect of what I'd like me to elaborate on... So ill just assume it's all of what I said. Most of us are born with the ability to see which adults cannot... In my opinion the only reason we stop seeing the metaphysical world as we get older is because are trained/taught to believe it's not real or that only prophets or some supreme source that is only allowed to do so... So we disregard our metaphysical ability to satisfy society... But there are those of us who can't and those who after some years start to experience that which we as children or infants continue your entire life or it springs up out of the blue... I believe we are all capable of seeing out of third eye and one can either accept it, ignore it, or completely disassociate it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
I think it's very likely that the man sitting on your bed was your grandfather. I believe you would have reacted differently, felt fear or discomfort if it had been a negative entity.
Some of the other things you mention, the noises and seeing things from the corner of your eye, I don't know. Your situation is unique, so while those manifestations may be paranormal, there is also the possibility that they are a new symptom. That is a possibility that shouldn't be ignored, just in case. I think it might be a good idea to speak with your doctor about those just to be on the safe side.
Its also worth considering to speak to your doctor about some type of medication. It sounds like you're coping very well with your situation, but I'm a big believer in taking any tool available to aid in coping. It may help you out.
Also, I don't believe for one second that you're cracking up. You seem very level headed and in control.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
Mejico: wonderful words but, what do you mean, exactly? 😕
505050
Mejiko (20 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
In meditation... I spoke to an old spider woman... And she said..."Satisfy your brutal nature, for you are incompassing with imminents and beauty"

Again perception... Brutal is often use to decrible severity in a negative way...

My assertiveness and my aggressivness and accomplishing my goals with respect to change and adapting... She ment to stop holding it back to cater to others needs because I have needs too. Take care of business and then take care of them if it's neseccary
Mejiko (20 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
My first instinct as a being still learning about the metaphysical world...Please...don't go to a priest... It might not turn out in a way that would be healthy for the rest of your life to come. Now, all things that exsist are a matter of perception. Spirtual/metaphysical perception is just as relevent as physical perceptions. So bare with me. People do actually use more then 10% of there brains expecially those who are sensitive to the supernatural. As the universe grows and expands, so do we. So... Just as we experience entities doing as they wish without flesh we are relitivley capable in the flesh of doing the samethings. But in my opinion religion has bulgeoned our true connection to the metaphysical world. We are in someways forcibly taught that God or someones God is in control of EVERYTHING! When infact in my opinion is just man speaking for God or a God saying he said this that or the other and thus this is the condition of how and the world has become a dark place to exsist.

Now my assesment of people such as yourself is... Your actually not crazy as I'm sure you feel sometimes, but you are SENSITIVE to the metaphysical realm. Which would explain your moods shifting so abruptly. The current of water on the earth shifts with the moon and as we all contain water in our bodies as are we all affected. Also we (whether aware or not) are at different levels of sensitivity, and we all also become aware at different times, but usually right as your born and grow up fairily open until the oppressive dogma knonw as religion and fear of the spiritual from those raising you and around start to affect your third sight.

So...in my opinion your waking up to your true innerself. As this is happening... I recommend that you learn to control your emotions... Please don't take that the wrong way... But gaining control of your emotions through meditation will prevent other external factors like negative entities and shifting of the other and all it's animities from affecting your mood... I'm not saying it's easy, but it's very possible. You are a being of light as we are all not such, and you are perfect in every and in your own way.

Also, Using that thing that we are deflecting from indulging in called an immagination plays a VERY big roll in keeping spirits away... Example if you willed yourself to have a sword and slash a malicious being or you wish to purifiy something with only sheir will... You can.
johnnycashmuse (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-22)
marie1984,
Im not going to judge you either. I know to the pain that depression brings first hand, so no hassles here.
About your experience, you said you thought it maybe your grandpa? I think it may well be him checking on you. You werent scared or bothered by this ghost being around you. I think it was because this spirit was there only to check on you. It is a person who cares about you alot. And means you no harm.
JACQUIE
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
Dear Marie,
More than seeing the man in the mirror, I am concerned about the statement you made about having the bouts of depression coupled with times of extreme happiness. First, let me make it abundantly clear; I am not judging you, or saying you're crazy or any of that. This is somewhat touchy, and frankly I don't know how you will take it, but have you seen a professional about the possibility of being bi-polar? This particular disorder (it's caused by a chemical imbalance of the brain. A misfiring of the neurotransmitters) if left untreated or diagnosed too late can quite literally cost you your life. I do not say this lightly, nor to frighten you. I just want you to understand why having it checked out is important. It touches highly personal ground for me and I just could not NOT say something. I hope you understand.
Now for the man in the mirror, Griff has certainly hit the bulls-eye in covering the ground of what it could be. Because you did not feel any negativity I doubt he is negative at all.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
M1cr0b1al - you'll notice that your comment has also disappeared. Don't encourage them 😉
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
Hi marie1984, welcome to YGS.

I certainly don't think you are cracking up, so don't worry about that. The visitor could have been a waking dream, where you come out of your sleep so fast the line between asleep and awake become blurred, and this is what you saw.

Or, it could be someone just paying you a visit, either attached to you as a family member or friend, or he could be attached to the house or land.

I think the fact that he made no attempt to scare or 'hurt' you, and the fact you felt nothing negative at all would be an inclination that he was serene and peaceful (hopefully anyway). With the things you are experiencing since you saw him, this could simply be put down to the fact you are much more aware of things, you will hear / see / notice the smallest of things you did not before. And without even knowing it, this man and the paranormal will most likely be the first reason for it now instead of the last. Just remember there are rational explanations for most 'unexplainable' occurrences.

Thanks for sharing, and please keep us updated.

😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: