You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Aunt's Basement

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunt's Basement

 

When I was little my mom and dad lived with my mom's dad (my grandpa) and my mom's sister (my aunt). I was very little, at least 3 to 4 years old. Every paranormal experience that I have encountered has stuck with me. Even when I was small. Let's begin.

When I was a toddler, I was TERRIFIED of paranormal experiences, TV shows, even nightmares. I never slept alone because I was so scared. My mom said I would run at the door screaming that I had a bad dream. One time she said I was CLAWING at the door to be let in.

One day I was playing on the basement stairs (I was old enough to be on the stairs by myself and I was only on the bottom step) and I felt really cold so I got a blankie. When I came back my toys were moved to a whole different location.

Fast forward a few months, I'm sitting on a chair in my living room when a hear meowing. Our old cat Emma died from cancer just a few weeks after we adopted her. I heard the meows in the kitchen. I searched everywhere I could and I didn't find anything. My mom told me she "helped" look too because I was so frantic about finding the meows.

We were moving out of my grandpa and aunt's now, and boxes clutter the entire basement. I look over to my things and my dad said I was yelling, "STOP SALLY! PUT IT DOWN NOW!" He never heard of Sally and asked me later about her. I replied, "You haven't seen her? She lives in our basement."

I've always got the heebie jeebies when it came to my aunt's house, and I never go into that room again. My aunt always said I acted strange in her room, looking around, frowning, screaming at certain things. They've moved as well and I'm very glad.

Thanks for reading,

HappyCat_Xoxo

Other hauntings by HappyCat_Xoxo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HappyCat_Xoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HappyCat_Xoxo (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
[at] Grace2020 " Sally " looked very abused. She had cuts, bruises, scars, maybe even burns covering her body. She was stick thin and had very long in cut blonde hair. She had an old fashioned nightgown on and her wrists had red marks on them like she was bound to something. Sally was actually like an imaginary friend. My mom said I had told her that Sally made sure I was safe on the stair and stuff like that. I think Sally was abused, kidnapped, or worse. My aunt actually moved back into that house and sometimes I feel a presence. Nothing intimidating.
HappyCat_Xoxo (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
[at] Alduin It looked like she was just taking my toys, picking them up ect. She was about 10-11. I'm not sure if anybody has died there though... 😕
Grace2020 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
sometimes, children can see things older people or adults, can't. It might be because sally was reaching out to you. Usually when ghosts or entities reach out to someone it is because 1-they feel they are similar or alike 2-Same or around the same age 3-you might have been the only person she could get through too.
Even though it might have been years ago, check and see if there had been any reports in that house or near it of a girl abused or killed. Maybe even missing. It may have been a harmless spirit wanting to be your friend or to not be alone anymore.
Alduin (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Sally, What was she holding? Was she a small child? Anyone die in the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: