You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Children In My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

The Children In My Closet

 

Let's get right into the story, a year ago I moved into an apartment and nothing happened for the first few months. Paranormal activity started around November. In my apartment I have a balcony in my living room. When it gets sunny a huge sunbeam (as big as my entire wall) fills the living room. I was on my sofa watching TV when I looked over and saw the shadows of two small children (looking the age of seven to eight years at the most judging by the height of them) running around the sofa playing tag. One would tap the other and the other would chase it (as tag is usually played). There was a boy and a girl, the girl had very long hair and a dress of some sort. The boy had short hair, not buzz cut short, about to the nape of his neck. He was wearing pants and it looked like a button up shirt. Later on I heard giggling and my closet door open and shut.

About one month later I was in bed when I woke up at about one o' clock in the morning when I was very thirsty. I got up and went to my kitchen when I stopped. The room was freezing cold and I heard pots and pans clattering. I looked on the wall. Two shadows of children were on the wall. I carefully looked around the corner and nothing was there. I wasn't scared, and I left them to play.

Later on in the week I had a glass of water, I set it down on my counter and went to use the restroom. When I came back the water cup was gone. I didn't think anything of it and went into my fridge to eat dinner. Inside the vegetable container (most fridges have small containers at the bottom for veggies and drinks) I found my cup of water. I heard giggles, and a bang on my closet door.

My room has always been the coldest, its always just freezing in my room. My landlord has said "Your room must have a window leak, cold air gets in," but I've even switched rooms and the cold would follow. (I have a two bedroom apartment.) Its never bothered me, I mean I should let these children have the life they never fully lived to have. But here are my two final encounters with the twins. (They're twins because they're the same age. Or I believe they are twins because I just feel that they are twins.)

Just a few days ago I was eating breakfast at my counter. I have a radio/ Ipod charger in my kitchen. It has speakers so I can play Itunes or the radio if I like. I watched the "radio" button press itself and the voulme dial moving up and down. I went to turn it off because it was just static and then the volume turns down all by itself and the radio button is pressed turning off the speakers.

This last encounter was scary to me. I was just watching TV when I heard my closet doors opening, closing, and banging around. Soon it stopped, but it did scare me.

Thank you for reading my encounter!

Love,

HappyCat_Xoxo

Other hauntings by HappyCat_Xoxo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HappyCat_Xoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HappyCat_Xoxo (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
At Evan_Divine Yes I do feel that way actually. Yes you are right. Usually if I see shadows there is a light source (lamp, window, ect.) The shadows are the same.
HappyCat_Xoxo (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
At troyarn I have actually asked my landlord and they said the windows are fine. At Grace2020 I do not live with my aunt that was a temporary thing with my parents when I was little. My parents lived with my aunt until they could afford a house together. My parents are divorced so I live with both of them. These occornces happened at my mom's but I just called it my house because I didn't want to explain the situation. Sorry for the confusion. At Triskaideka sorry for the confusion. Read my reply to Grace2020's comment earlier in the paragraph and you'll understand.
HappyCat_Xoxo (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
[at] zzsgranny Yes some of these are repeats. I have 2 houses (parents are divorced), and all of these occurnces happened at my mom's. I just called it my house because I just thought I'd have to explain he situation and stuff.:)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
Well, but it is a good story. And this is June. It seemed like this happened last year too. A lot of repeat stories during the summer. Don't know, just lookin'.
Evan_Divine (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
Let me ask you this, do you feel like you're being watched? Have you ever had the feeling that you're being chased or you feel fearful for seemingly no reason at all? And I'm only talking of the times when you're not having these experiences. You said these are shadows, even in sun-lit rooms. When you see them at night or other times where the sun isn't the main light source, are they still the same as shadows? I'm going to assume that their forms are darker than dark at night, am I right?
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
What confuses me about this story is that you are a "teenager". If I had asked my parents to switch bedrooms, they would not have obliged. (We did at one point trade, but that was *their* decision.) And after reading comments, it seems that your story is a repeat. I'm guessing you hope to have more credibility if you act as though this residence is purely your own?

For what it's worth, I think that sharing your experiences purely as they happened will help you to derive as much useful information as possible. So I will wait until I've read the rest of your stories to provide input.
Grace2020 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
same doubts as zzsgranny and sheetal. Same thing happened. Glass charger everything. Now it might have also happened to you (like a entity followed or clung toy you or something of yours when you moved, I'm saying you moved because in this you do not live with your aunt,mom,or dad like in your other ones.) if that is not the case well correct me. Anyway it seems that maybe these children or entities are changing or feel connections with you, but they are obviously harmless unless they grow aggressive.
Thanks
❤ Grace ❤
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Hi, Happycat I have the same doubt as zzsgranny... But it's a good story.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Maybe your landlord should seal the windows. It seems if he thinks there is a draft due to a leak then he should repair them.
utkarsh (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
hey happycat... This incident happened with me as well... But it only happened once... It happened on night when I was sitting on a chair at house's frront porche when I saw a light striking on the front of my house's wall and then I saw a girl's and a boy's shadow floting and coming towards each other... And as soon as they hugged each other I felt like they were looking towards me... I ran inside my house ofcourse...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
HappyCat: I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused. Are the experiences recounted here a repeat from one of your other stories? I ask because in this account, the presumption is that this is your apartment, and in the other account you live with your Mom. In fact, it's her glass of water, her Ipod, etc. Hoping you can clear this up.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: