You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: When She Was Possessed

Real Ghost Stories

When She Was Possessed

 

As promised, here's the story about my mother.

When she was seven, she was abducted by a creature who told her that after 15 years, it will come back to get her again and marry her.

Fifteen years later, 2 months before her 22nd birthday, she married my father. They thought that the creature would not hunt them anymore or so they believed. From then on, every year, days before the All Soul's day, she keeps on experiencing possession.

One time, I remember, after my first semester in my first year in college, I was just sitting on the chair next to the sofa where my mother was sleeping. I jumped off when I heard her speak in a small voice. It sounded like an angry, childish female and I know that was not my mother anymore. I called the rest of the family to see what was happening.

The voice said that my mother bumped her and that she was offended when my mother did not say sorry. She even said that my mother totally ignored her after bumping her.

My sister went to get rosaries and a bottle of holy water while my father went outside to prepare an incense. Me and my brother held the hands of our mother as my sister poured the holy water onto my mother's forehead. She also poured some of the water to my mother's hands and feet. While she was doing that, our mother tried to break free from me and my brother. She was so strong that I had to hold her tighter. I even let her hold the rosaries but she kept on throwing those at us.

My father went inside the house with the incense he made and he uttered some intelligible prayers. My mother then stopped. We waited for minutes then she finally opened her eyes (because all those happened with her eyes closed). She said that she was running outside our house and that she kept on shouting to get our attention and open the gate for her but we could not hear her. She also said that a woman wearing black went inside our house and she tried to shoo her away but the woman did not listen.

We were speechless for a while. We then told her what had just happened. She said that maybe that was a curse she got when the creature returned to get her but found out that she married another.

From then on, we were very careful and watchful of her when the Halloween season is coming.

Other hauntings by ladyknight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladyknight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
What a compelling story. I happen to hail from the same country as yours. I got a similar indirect experience as this. And the involved person just never made it. It's really sad. I hope and pray that your mom will be perfectly fine sooner. God bless.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
Ladyknight: thanks for replying but your answer makes me feel even more confused. 😕
Your grandparents decided that an unexplained creature had abducted their daughter just because they couldn't find her? Really?
Did they ever consider the possibility of the kid hiding?
Was there any evidence that the abductor wasn't a human?

But since you know that she will experience possession again around Halloween I would suggest for you to be prepared and take a video this coming season... All the members of YGS will LOVE to watch it! 😆 😆
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Hi! Sheetal: Yes, we tried. She underwent pray-overs by her co-members of the Couples for Christ.

Lady-glow: My grandparents thought that way because my mother got lost and they looked for her around the town but could not find her. Their family really believe in the supernatural world as evidenced by my uncles practicing black magic before. No, she did not experience sleep walking then and until now. I don't know much about the other children's experiences in their place before. And yes, that incident happened around the Halloween season.

Somehow, we know that the weird things happen before or around Halloween season because of some repeated or similar events that occurred. Well, we somehow thought that being active in church activities would help her.

Lovelight78: Our family really do have holy water at home, but I am not sure if some families do the same. We keep it in our altar.
lovelight78 (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Wow! An unsettling story. I just have one question and please forgive me my ignorance. Do people just normally have holy water around their house? I mean is this something people keep in the kitchen by the evoo or in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom? I'm really curious...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Ladyknight: I got confused after reading both your stories about your mother and will appreciate if you could clarify some points.

What made your grandparents think that their daughter (your mother) was abducted by an unexplained creature? Do you know if she used to sleepwalk when she was younger?
Do you know if anything similar ever happened to another child or children of the village?
Did the incident on the first story, when your sister's hand went through your mother's arm happen around Halloween?

Back to this story, I find very confusing if not contradictory these two statements:
" Fifteen years later, 2 months before her 22nd birthday, she married my father. They thought that the creature would not hunt them anymore or so they believed. From then on, every year, days before the All Soul's day, she keeps on experiencing possession."
And:
"From then on, we were very careful and watchful of her when the Halloween season is coming."

Do you mean your family knew that these possessions would happen around the first day of November but never before took precautions until the episode of the 'small voice'? 😕

Have your family asked for any kind of religious help? I find it unnecessary and odd to allow your mother to experience something like this for such a long time without trying to put an end to it.
But perhaps you just didn't provide such details in your stories.

Thanks for sharing.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
ladyknight... Thanks for your reply... Did you try to get rid of all this things?
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hi, Vik! No, she doesn't have scratches. I hope your girl is fine. 😊
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hi!
Sheetal, she is okay I think. Though she is always having nightmares at night. Sometimes I feel like it's not really her anymore. Sometimes I would hear her screaming in the middle of the night like she is trying to make someone leave. One night, she shouted while looking at me during one of those nightmares "Get out! There is no Joey here!" then I shook her and said it's just me.

Sometimes when I stay awake late at night, I would look after her and make sure she's sleeping soundly before I go to bed.
vik (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
hi,ladyknight...the girl I loved went through the same things. Just want to ask you one thing... Is your mom also smtimes have a sort of scratches or scars smwhere on her body...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Hi, ladyknight... Your story is like I am watching a episode of "A Haunting" Very nice story... I can't imagine the horror you all faced at that time... How is your mom now?

Regards,
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Hi, ERizzy! Yes, she's doing fine. But unfriendly visits from other ghostly figures seem regular. It's like she's having nightmares every night.
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
I hope shes doing better. What a story, I could just picture this in my head

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: