You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Office

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Office

 

First of all, thank you to those who read my stories. Here's another one.

This incident happened 3 weeks ago. Just a little background about the office, it is in a publishing house. Most people stays until 6PM but if you have a flexible time, you can stay until 8PM. People who stays beyond six confirmed the existence of entities here in the office. They claim hearing taps on the keyboard, scratches on the tables, footsteps, and dropping things. The editor before me claimed that he always see a silhouette of a woman in our manager's cubicle. I believe him because even I can see that. Every name in this story would not be real to protect their privacy.

One ordinary Thursday around 7:30AM, I passed by my manager's cubicle to say "good morning." I saw the silhouette in my peripheral vision but I said the same greeting anyway. That was when I know that Mina was not there. Then I went to my cubicle to turn on my computer. Just then, my co-worker Trisha stood up. I called her attention and she asked me if Mina arrived. I said no and she said she saw someone sitting on Mina's chair. We looked at each other and laughed. That was a usual thing for Trisha and I. Few minutes passed and another co-worker arrived, Candy. She passed by Mina's cubicle and greeted without really looking at the cubicle.

Few more minutes passed and Candy stood up to talk to Mina. Only then did she realize that Mina was absent. She shouted in fear because she said that she saw Mina in the cubicle just as she passed. Trisha and I said that Mina was absent and that we were just talking about seeing Mina when she's not really there. Then things went normally that morning.

At 2PM, Tony, a co-worker, approached us to ask where Mina is. We said she was absent and he was surprised. He said that he was wondering why Mina sent him a message in Facebook to ask if the other manager was there when Mina can look for her instead. Then Tony said that he was wondering because he saw Mina that morning. Then we told him the story and the events that happened earlier that day.

The other manager that Tony was talking about was Irish. Irish stood up and called Tony. She said that that morning, she heard Mina's voice as if she was talking to someone from our group. Then we said that Mina was absent. Now, everybody in our unit feels the chill and the eerie feeling.

Then things went normally that afternoon until a deaf co-worker shared another incident that happened that morning. Amber said that she saw Mina that morning. She said that Mina was smiling at her at the corridor. And when we said that Mina was absent, her eyes grew big in surprise!

The next morning, we told Mina about the incidents that happened while she was away. She was so scared. Then a week after that day, her grandmother died.

I really don't know if the incident has something to do with her grandma's passing but I believe it's a message about something. Then she told us that if the same thing happened in the office again, we should tell her immediately.

Other hauntings by ladyknight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladyknight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Nice story. Keep on posting and I'll keep on reading. Thanks!
crzymom05 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
I'm sorry to bother any of you, but I'm new here and cannot seem to find my post
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hi there! Thank you for posting your comments and suggestions.

As for the other events that occurred, none yet after the incident. I am new in this office but I have heard stories about the sounds they hear especially the footsteps and the typing sound.

Re: the silhouette, Trisha and Tony said it really looked like Mina: shoulder-length hair and slim body.
Amber said that she was certain that the one she saw that morning was actually Mina.

Yes, the spirit is not really malevolent because it is not hurting any of us. And yes, maybe it just wanted to play manager that day.

I will update you guys about any occurrence though.
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
I've heard a little about these kinds of imprinting experiences. If I were in the shoes of a resident spirit, it would be a lot easier to use the residual energy of your coworker to manifest rather than use up a ton of energy to make up another form. With so much time spent in one place, it makes sense we'd leave a lot of our energy there. Little wonder a spirit would use it.
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
I'm afraid I don't have any real insights into why this happened, but I have had very similar experiences in my own (known to be haunted) workplace! I once clearly saw a colleague sitting at her desk - I knocked on the window to get her attention, but she just kept typing and seemed not the hear me - only to discover later that she was not there, and that the office was locked and empty. Another time as I was leaving the building, I heard a noise and looked back to see someone standing at our service desk - and that person looked an awful lot like me! I'd like to say that I stayed and bravely investigated that one, but no, I confess that turned tail and fled. I've often wondered why a "spirit" - or whatever - would imitate the living like that. Is it some kind of supernatural joke? Or is it not a spirit at all, but some sort of "imprint" or "recording" on the place that just happened to have played when we were looking? It's a mystery...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hi, ladyknight I agree with the other posters... It really amazing that why that spirit playing prank taking a look of mina... Really mysteries... Any other encounter occurred after that... Please update us...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hello ladyknight, I agree with others, I also don't think that what you experienced has any connection to the demise of Mina's grandmother. But there is some presence in the office because many of you have experienced it. Try to maintain a diary of events, it would help to see the pattern, if there is one, as suggested by Val.

But what the silhouette looked like if anyone had seen it clearly. Because one of the co-workers of yours said that it was Mina. Whether it resembles Mina? Please do clarify.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
My instinct also tells me there is no connection between Mina's shadow and her grandmother's death.

Val has made a good suggestion; please let us know if more strange sightings take place. This is very interesting.

Thanks for sharing!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Like Dark_Knight, I don't think the grandmother's death was connected. You might want to pay attention though, and see if there's a pattern.
The_Dark_Knight (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Ladyknight- I wouldn't think the incident would have anything to do with her grandmother dying since you said that the office is haunted anyways. It doesn't sound like a malevolent spirit at all so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Perhaps the ghost just wanted to play manager for the day.:) Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: