You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Candle Burning

Real Ghost Stories

Candle Burning

 

I knew it was time to do the right thing, so I used a technique that was given to me on this site. I really wanted to complete it sooner but family problems kind of got in my way. I'm usually the one that takes care of situations that occur on my side of family and my husband's at times. I don't ask for the jobs but they are usually given to me.

Last week I went to bed. I was only in bed for about twenty minutes when I heard someone whisper my name and they continued to whisper for a few seconds. I was unable to make out what else was said. I was very frightened I jumped up and screamed "what" then I ran out of my room into my living room where my husband was asleep on couch. I have to admit it took me a while to go back to sleep.

This other incident took place a few weeks ago on a Saturday. My family and I were baking Christmas cookies with all the kids. Some of us were sitting down in my dining room and my oldest daughter who is not my biological daughter but I have known her for years and she calls me mom and have bonded as mother and daughter. She was leaning on my kitchen counter looking at us and my nephew was next to her with his back facing us. While we were all talking my daughter turned completely around looking towards the front door. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she heard the bells moving on my door. There was no one there to move them. My niece and nephew also heard the bells and they were very shocked. I looked at my nephew and he looked as white as a ghost. I told him that he looked like he had seen a ghost or something. He just wouldn't stop looking at my door. He told me when it was time for him to go home that something was wrong with my house that strange things happen a lot. I asked him if he saw something he didn't want to say but I do feel that he did and it scared him. The rest of my family was confused about what happened. I was the only one that didn't hear it I guess I was busy talking.

Another incident that keeps on happening is that the ornaments on our tree keep on falling off. Everyday not one or two but several will fall off. When we are out of room we hear them hit the floor. The amount that's falling has never happened before. My tree honestly looks horrible and beat up now.

The day finally came to burn the incense and light my candle. Before I started I said a few things out loud to my brother. I told him how much I love him and now I truly want him to be at peace and want him to find the light that some day we will be together again. I also reassured him that I will be ok. I lit the incense and candle and for some reason my candle seemed to flicker around in a circle very fast. My daughter noticed it first. It burned fine but every time I got near it, it would burn crazy. I also felt my hair being touched lightly, I felt a finger rub the back of my neck. It felt real yet I didn't get scared. I'm still lighting my candle everyday and burning the incense. I want my brother to find peace. My daughter, the one I spoke about earlier, is Laos and she does not feel he will move on until it's my time. I'm hoping she's wrong.

I feel that we may have other spirits in our home and I hope with me burning the incense they will leave and find peace.

Other hauntings by csuegar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, csuegar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Rhodes, I continue to speak out loud to my brother and so far we haven't had anything unusual happen. Not one ornament has fallen off my tree in a few days. You know my mother-in-law is here visiting and she came day before xmas eve and since she has been here it's been quiet. She's very religious she does read the bible everyday and maybe that's why things have calmed down. Thankyou for your advice take care.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
It's a good thing to try and appease your brother's spirit csuegar-what your daughter said might not come true so keep assuring him that he's no longer needed and that he should cross.

As for the "other presences" that could be very true as we have quite often seen that once a spirit/ghost finds his/her way to a particular location whether that is a house or anything else, it serves as a "beacon" for others to follow.

Lets hope this is not the case.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
I have heard my own voice said many times, usually sounding like my own voice in an urgent whisper, although once it sounded like my mom screaming. Very strange stuff.
I agree about getting a recorder so as to analize this better. Good luck!
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Those are very interesting stories. I agree with Jmak, get an audo recorder for the wispers.

I hope that everything turns out okay now.

😊
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Jmak,Thankyou for your advice. When I heard the whispering at first it sounded like my brother saying my name but then I heard a lot of whispering after that and it sounded like it was more then one person and they whispered really fast I couldn't make out what was said. My nephew at this time still has not said anything else about the incident. So far I haven't had any other incidents occur. My mother-in-law is staying with us again until Sunday so hopefully I wont.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
About the whispers, if you can, get an audio recorder and keep it handy. When/if you hear any more whispers you could try recording them to see if you could make out what the person is saying. God bless.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Has your nephew told you any more about that day? When you heard someone say your name do you think it could have been your brother? Have there been any more experiences since you posted this one? I am sorry for the loss of your brother, I hope he finds peace soon. God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: