You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Creepy Door Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Door Experience

 

This experience happened a couple days ago at around 1:15pm on the 14th of August, 2014. It isn't a big one but I feel like it's enough to publish.

On this day, I was home alone while my boyfriend was out studying and my mum was at work. I'd just made lunch and was happily eating on the couch whilst watching Doctors. Just to give you a quick visual on our front house area: when you open the front door, the first thing you see is a door leading to the hallway a couple feet in front and when you turn to your left, there's the lounge. Turn to your right and there's just a wall. The lounge is a huge 'L' shaped lounge and my usual spot to sit is right in the corner.

With my boyfriend's course, he usually gets home at around 2:30pm but sometimes earlier. Just as I was eating, I heard what sounded like the main front door being unlocked and jiggled around behind me (we have a big wooden door and a fly-screen door). I looked at the time and thought it was a bit early for my boyfriend to come home so I kept listening for the sound of his keys. As I kept listening, I heard nothing but the door handle jiggling, so I turned around and saw that the door handle didn't look like it was touched. The second I went to turn around, the sound stopped. I peeked over the lounge to see if the cats were hanging around near the door playing but they weren't anywhere near it. We usually have our fly-screen door dead locked so when you try and enter, you need the keys but the funny thing was is that I didn't hear the fly-screen door open or the sound of it unlock. It was as if someone was trying to open the door from the inside. This incident freaked me the hell out so I got up to see if someone was playing tricks on me. To my surprise, no one was there. I even stepped out to see if someone did a knock and run but no one was around. I sort of brushed it off anyway.

It was the weirdest thing but maybe there is an explanation behind it, I don't know. Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you for reading.

-Rachael

Other hauntings by PerfectlyDisturbed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PerfectlyDisturbed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rachness (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
The house is relatively old and when we moved in, our neighbours told us about the previous tenants. Nothing out of the ordinary and I haven't experienced anything other than this. We also knew the previous owner and he said nothing happened in this house. Although we did find a cross engraved in the backyard tree when we first moved in. It looked as if it was scratched in by kids. The tree got cut down a few months ago so I don't think it'd be anything to do with that.

But honestly, how could a bug make that much of a racket? It'd have to be a huge bug! It's hard for me to imagine. It would of had to be moving around crazily and frantically just one the one spot to be making that much noise.

-Rachael
ghostlover8567 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Have you tried asking neighbors about the history and was the house new? By the way good story.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
If you have ruled out the low-frequency vibrations... Could there have been a bug trapped in the handle/screen that dislodged itself in the nick of time, before you could witness it?
Or it could be some residual energy; especially if the door is used frequently around those times (however, I realize it was not around the time your boyfriend usually arrives, but it could still be a possibility).
Rachness (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
I just researched and couldn't find anything but property values and such. Thanks for your suggestion anyway, iAbbi.

-Rachael
Rachness (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
Thanks for your feedback, everyone.
We live far away from train tracks & airports so I don't think it could of been that. It was just so loud and sounded exactly like when you twist it around. Very odd for sure. I'll do some research, as well and let you know if I found something. Thanks!

-Rachael
iAbbi (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
Maybe there is some history behind this. How old is your house? Search your house. Sometimes when you get a house, they don't really tell you what happened there. Because they want you to buy it. Hope this helped.
~Abby ❤
OceanBlueRN (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
I agree with elnoraemily, it could have been due to vibrations but it still sounds creepy nonetheless. Maybe just keep an eye (or ear) out to see if it happens again.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
That is a bizzare experience.

Potentially, it could have been a strong wind or even vibrations- train track, low airplane, truck or a neighbors radio, maybe even a frequency low enough that you didn't notice it.

Definitely, a very odd experience!

Best wishes to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: