You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: His Spirit Lives On

Real Ghost Stories

His Spirit Lives On

 

Just to start off, I am a huge fan on this website. I found this place by searching for real ghost encounters on Google. Anyway, I have been reading a whole bunch of amazing stories on here for the past few days and it inspired me to share mine. Note that this is my first time sharing an experience. I'm sorry if there's too much detail. This is the first death I've gone through who was close to me. Here's a little background info:

This story is about my boyfriend's brother, who passed away this year on the 18th of February. We'll call him Peter. Peter was a self-admitted alcoholic and his habit of smoking didn't help either. Pneumonia sadly took his life and both of his lungs were collapsed.

My boyfriend (who we'll call Tyler) 's house was literally across the road and Peter lived in the shed in their backyard. Tyler lives with me and my mum. From my frontyard, you could see Peter's shed. Living in that shed was definitely no good for his health, let alone his emotional battle with alcohol. He was very frail and brittle. He was in his late 30's and looked like an 80-year-old. If you pushed him, he would fall instantly. He was very weak.

Anyway, I know this is going to be really sad for people to read but all of us who were in his life expected him to die sooner rather than later. We were going to put him on life insurance but his death beat us to it. He was really close with my mother and he would come over to our house almost every day. He was even 'in love' with her. So, as you'd expect, he was quite close with us all.

Tyler and I went to visit Peter with his family to see how he was doing. Unfortunately, his state was deteriorating by the minute. The doctor came in and told us it was only a matter of time. So we all went in and saw him to pretty much 'say our good-byes'. It was really shocking to see him like that - all confused and like he couldn't remember who he was, what was going on, why he was there. The last thing I said to him was "We're going to come back this afternoon with mum, okay? She's going to come visit you. We'll all be here. But in the mean time, you keep fighting, Peter. You hang in there. We all love you."

So after leaving the building, we all went outside and cried to each other. By the time Tyler and I got back to my house, we felt extremely drained and weak so we took a nap. At that time, it was just us in the house because my mum was at work. By around 3.30pm, I heard mum on the phone and heard her sobbing. That's when I knew that he had passed. Mum came in and told us that Tyler's father called to tell her.

So after all of us calming down, we decided it would be best to tell Tyler's mum's side of the family what happened. We went and visited her brother - who lives close to us - and told him the news. That night, all of Tyler's family gathered at my house to pay their respects to his mum, let's call her Anne.

This is the paranormal part. While everyone took Anne home across the road, it was just me, Tyler's step-mum and father. We were sitting out the front and I was staring at the full moon, thinking about Peter. I glanced over at his shed when I saw this fluorescent green, transparent figure standing in my driveway, spot on with Peter's shed. I could only see its head, shoulders and torso. It was still and almost as bright as day, just this glowing green thing. And then it vanished as soon as I blinked. I felt an overwhelming feeling of peace and happiness after it disappeared. I just stared into Peter's shed, shocked.

I immediately assumed my eyes were playing tricks on me or it was a reflection or something but after that overwhelming feeling, I knew it was Peter. There was just a strong feeling of Peter's presence. I told my mum and my boyfriend about it and they think it was him, too.

Not long after that, about a month or so, I had another encounter. In my lounge room, we have a door that leads to the hallway. We usually have this shut so my mum can't hear the TV from her bedroom. The door was open just a crack and I could see the bathroom door. I don't know why, but I had this feeling to look in the hallway. When I did, I saw that fluorescent green, transparent figure rush past. As soon as I saw it, I yelled out for mum and asked if she just walked through the hallway. "No, I'm in the kitchen," she replied. I told mum and Tyler what happened and they think it was Peter again.

I'll make a note that these sightings were before Anne got Peter's ashes back from the crematorium. After she received them, I haven't seen anything since.

I'm sorry if this was a little long and too much info. Tell me what you think and if you've experienced anything similar with a loved one.

Other hauntings by PerfectlyDisturbed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PerfectlyDisturbed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rachness (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-15)
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback. I also searched the meaning of different coloured aura's and found that green means peace and happiness.

We miss him so much but we know that he's still with us.

-Rachael
rynne (69 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Rachness, As I was reading your accounts, I too was hoping if it was indeed your friend that his soul would find peace. Looks like he has, thanks for sharing.
Justthatgirl (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Hello rachness, this is a very touching story and I agree with swimsinfire that in a way, it's good you haven't seen him again because he's found piece. I find it fascinating that he appeared fluorescent green, haven't heard that one before. Looking forward to hear more of your expiriences 😁
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Hi Rachness. First, my condolences about your friend. Yes, final goodbys happen that way. It's kind of good you haven't seen him since you had closure, means he's at peace. Man, you have to keep the tissues handy when you read this site.
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Rachness: Thanks for appreciating it. And good luck to your family. More stories please! 😁
Rachness (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
MitoTakatori,

Thank you for sharing that with me. I feel enlightened! Peter's family is doing perfectly fine now, thank you for caring. I am pleased to know that you liked it. I will share more experiences in the near future.
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hi Rachness. I am really moved by this story. I hope you rs and Peter's family are now okay. I think Peter is just checking if you are all alright. Thanks for the great story.
Rachness (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Seraphina,

Thank you for the warm welcome and feedback. This is a fantastic little community we have here and I'm looking forward to sharing other experiences.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Welcome to YSG, Rachness. You did a nice job of telling your story: plenty of attention to detail so your readers can follow it clearly. Peter's two visits seem to have been peaceful.--You didn't react with fear. His intention was probably to let you know he was okay and to say good-bye.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: