You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: She Slit Her Wrist

Real Ghost Stories

She Slit Her Wrist

 

It's one of my few unforgettable experiences I still live to tell. It was still scary given my friend got the worst of it, and better when one of the few with me during those few nights can really freak out to real spooks. As for me, I cannot sit quietly about it just to make sure whatever that I felt was not me alone. And after comparing experiences, I was not delusional about what happened then, and my companion turned somewhat quiet... And pale.

The many things we get to share or tell, or even listen, is either the eternity occupant in a haunted hotel room has either slit wrist in the tub, hung self in the middle of the room, drowned self with pills or to the best horror, flinging self off the balcony to his or her death. However, the one who stayed with us through the three days, two nights of our stay was a woman who had slit her wrist. We didn't get to interrogate the staff about it, but the tingling sensation left behind told me other wise.

Why were we there in a group? We had a cosplay event held in one of biggest halls in Kuala Lumpur (Surprise! I'm from Malaysia) and to save traveling time and fuel, we booked a room and split the cost with a few other girls. As usual, we'd park our bags in a corner to avoid tripping over and face plant somewhere, we'd bring out unfinished props to work on overnight or watch some TV before we hit the bed. On my first night, I ushered everyone to bathe first because I wanted to soak in the tub. So while waiting for everyone else to use the bathroom, I watched some TV and devoured some snacks.

The last to bathe before me looked really confused or taken back when she came out. I suppose it happens when you stay out and could have misplaced something or anything when there is something wrong somewhere with the service or quality of the room. She didn't say anything but called me that she was done bathing. I happily skipped in and had the toilet all to myself. After filling up the tub with warm water, the pleasurable soaking began as I listened to some mild music.

After a while of soaking, must have been pretty long because I sort of dozed off in the tub, that was when I awakened to a strange tingling feeling on my wrist. It felt as if something sharp pressed against my skin but it didn't hurt- or just the feel of it. I opened my eyes, thinking I must have touched the tap with my foot or the shower head lying next to me but none of that was in sight or within reach. Strange to say, it felt like a feminine presence looking down on me as if why am I occupying the tub and? Feeling her cold glares, all I could do was say aloud, "Sorry if we bothered you, but we will be leaving as soon as our stay is over. I'm sorry if you feel that we intruded your living quarters, but blame the staff! We were given this room!"

To my relief, her presence faded from my senses and I got out of the tub as soon as I could, given my fingers looked like raisins. It felt strangely sad... And the tiny tingles remained. Just to make sure it wasn't anything horrible, there were no red marks on my wrist. Thank goodness it wasn't anything angry, I thought. Thinking back again, what did my friend went through before me?

After the stay and event was over, I got home with much relief, happy to be on my own comfy bed again. After a week, my friend (the one who bathed before me) came by for a visit. After much chats and all, she brought up the bathroom incident, asking if I've experienced anything in it. I didn't say anything at first until she took in a deep breath and said this, "Could anyone have pushed my back in an enclosed shower cubicle?"

Oooh boy.

Other hauntings by Valkyrie114

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Valkyrie114, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-16)
Valkyrie114, You welcome.:) I sure do enjoy your story and keep it up so we can read and enjoy the Halloween.
Valkyrie114 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-02)
dreamergal72: Haha! Thanks! Glad you enjoyed my story:P Didn't know how to react to the situation so... Hmmm~ Speechless with a jaw drop.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-02)
Valkyrie114 I like the end of your sentence that says ooh boy lol so funny. I know what you mean by feeling in the bathroom and try to relax in tub until you feeling like your not alone.
Love the your story.
Valkyrie114 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-02)
Hahaha! Aaah... Valkyrie has always been my cosplay name so... Thought I'd not confuse myself with another name and use my cosplay name here instead.:) But thanks for reading!
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Freaky links Valkyrie! Like I said before, I trust whatever you felt... Must have been creepy for you and your friend! Although you should look into the history Of that room if possible to see if there was a wrist slitting death there... And great links! Second one is particularly scary! Take care:) looking forward to reading more:)
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Hi Valkyrie,
Look at any hotel, any where in the world, and you are bound to find accounts of suicides, murders, and the like, and most of them will try to hush it up.
Like you said business is business.
I am a bit confused as to why you wondered if you had hit something with your foot, when the sensation was in your wrist?
Also did you know the hotel was supposedly haunted prior to staying there?
Valkyrie114 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-23)
Hello hello~

Honestly, in Malaysia itself people do not want to talk about it that much despite the hotels being haunted unless it is too violent with poltergeist activities to have the business running. Business is business and trust me, they'd rather keep it that way and deny the fact that someone DID die in the room.

What I went through is pretty hard to explain, and yes- sleeping in a tub (practically too tired to ignore that fact I am in a tub too) is a stupid idea. However, the emotions I went through during the short moment was somewhat... Odd. It wasn't angry, I remember it well but depressed and some other mixed feelings I could not pin point. Along with that it was pretty feminine a feel... Someone gentle hence I had a rough idea it was a woman who killed herself. So all I could do was talk as if he or she was still alive. Even I am a believer given I've seen a woman walk in my garden once... Much to my dismay I didn't realize she was already dead and my dad told me there is a hidden grave some where in the property too.

Aaa... In a way it would have sound like it was made up, but it's up to you guys to decide in a way. I've been experiencing these since I was a child so... Hard to ignore.

The hotel is haunted, and it's history is even darker with a lot of claims from guests checking out in the middle of the night, even demanding to leave immediately despite being half dressed.

Http://ghostsmsia.blogspot.com/2012/06/is-berjaya-time-square-hotel-haunted.html
Http://seanphan78.blogspot.com/2011/01/scary-story-18sg.html
Http://crimesafe.blogspot.com/2010/08/haunted-berjaya-time-square-kuala.html

Although there was no evidence to my claim in that room, but here is what I manage to dig out about the hotel I stayed in:)

Thanks for reading!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
I am a bit confused on the same point that Miracles brought up. That is a lot of different ways to die and gender changes as well. Was there a man/woman who each died this way? If the staff had not told you and you did not ask them, were these just stories you had heard/created?

When waking up, your body has a way of essentially shocking you awake if it feels it is in danger. Falling asleep in water is typically a bad idea. If you started to slip, your body would likely jolt you. This could account for why you awoke with a tingly sensation from your body waking you up.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
Hello Val - I believe your story because I have gone through something similar, hard to explain and persuade without actual proof. We can only trust our guts and 6th sense. I have submitted the story under "Sad hotel ghost". I have never felt anything so strong before, it was surely different. And like you, I too felt it was a woman. So many things happen in hotel rooms that the owners and staff would never tell you about. I don't know how it is in Malay, but in Vietnam they would hide it for as long as they could. Even authorities don't like to get involved with supernatural things over there. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to more.
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
Welcome to the site Valkyrie:) hehe you're right miracles... The same names are definitely going to create some confusion lol!
And yes I must admit I was confused in the beginning of this story too. But later understood:)
Woah that feeling on your wrist must have been creepy Valkyrie:-o! Maybe you should find out more like the others said:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
Well, that's very... Dramatically told.
So, was the hotel reported to be haunted? Have you looked into the history of the hotel, to verify your idea that someone either "slit wrist in the tub, hung self in the middle of the room, drowned self with pills or to the best horror, flinging self off the balcony to his or her death,"?
To be honest, I'm leaning towards power of suggestion as well.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
Valkyrie114 - this could get confusing, having 2 valkyrie's on our site 😆

Speaking of confusing, I admit to being a bit confused while reading your story. Was the hotel reportedly haunted, or did y'all just tell ghost stories that had nothing to do with the hotel?

And the beginning, I was really confused because I didn't realize what was going on until I got further on into your story, but that's got nothing to do with figuring out whether or not y'all experienced something paranormal or if it was all power of suggestion. I'm leaning toward power of suggestion for the time being.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: