You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Didn't Know He Was Gone

Real Ghost Stories

I Didn't Know He Was Gone

 

Story behind the story: since I was 4 days old, I have lived with my paternal grandmother and her husband. This man, he became my best friend, we just had a bond that was untouched. This man (Roger) had a daily routine, up at 4am in the shower and out the door by 6am for his trip to the coffee shop, the grocery store, and the news paper stand.

Picture of Roger and Me Every single morning, before he left, he would wake me up and tell me "take out Mimi (our silky terrier) and feed her when you wake up". Roger in the year 1998 met his demise, of course it was only known to his wife & himself of his sickness (Colon Cancer) the rest of us were in horror to hear "he's past" (august, 5th 1998)...

Story: It was august, 6th 1998, I had awoken to the sound of a shower (I was sleeping on the couch in the living room). I walked down the hall to the bathroom, and of course to my dismay, there wasn't a shower running nor was the bathtub even wet (I did check) after this, I went to the kitchen for a bottle of water, I glanced at the microwave and saw it was about 4:07am (I don't know the exact time but I remember it was between 4am & 4:30am). I don't think nothing of it so I go back to sleep. Shortly after I'm awaken by someone shaking me. I turn around and about 2 inches away from my face was Roger, I just stared in amazement (this man died in a hospital bed not more then 6 or 7 hours ago) "take Mimi out when you wake up and feed her, I'll bring you some goodies back" his voice was so real, he was so real, I thought it had to be a dream. He walked towards the door, as I watched I heard the door open and shut but didn't see it. I quickly ran to the window, heard his 1970 Cadillac start up, I saw the fog from him warming it up in the chilly morning as I heard it back up (not seeing it) he just vanished.

Picture of Roger and Nanna He had always told me he was my guardian angel... Now I guess he really is.

About a week after he died and my first encounter with him, subsequent to his death, I saw him again only this time it wasn't towards me. I had ran in my nana's room to tell her something I saw. She was sleeping on the bed and I saw him laying next to her holding her hand saying, "Jean, it's going to be alright, everything is going to be alright" (the same as she was saying to him the night he died) after that, I just ran in our garage and remained in there for the rest of the day. He looked as though he was really laying right there. I don't know if it was real or if I was hallucinating (I had gotten in an argument prior to my sighting with my cousins so I was a little angry.)

Other hauntings by BornToBeWiccan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BornToBeWiccan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
wow that must of been so scary but I want to know did he ever save you from anything after he died? And I know how it feels to lose someone you love so much 😭
BornToBeWiccan (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
sandy thanks we were really close he was my bestfriend and like my father (I called him my-father-from-the-heart instead of biological father lol)...
...kimsouth thanks for the comment I feel a lot better...
...abby thanks so much I should take a break lol...
...shane thanks...
... Thanks to everyone I feel so much better about my experience
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
This was a touching story. And to your amazement your grandfather/guardian angel was replaying what he had done every morning. That was so cool that you got to see him and you were not scared. You seem real close to him and I hope the best for you in the future. Thank you for your story. God bless you and keep you in His thoughts ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it with us! I realize how difficult it must have been, and I am sorry for your loss.

I do not think you where dreaming, nor where you hallucinating. Roger did show him self to you, and I believe in this sense it was to show you he is at peace. By showing you this, he also wishes peace for you as well.

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Dear BornToBeWiccan,

You are most blessed. There is no doubt in my mind that Roger is your guardian angel, and you already know this for a fact. Your story only confirms his presence in your life, as well as in your grandmother's. Death does not mean the end nor does it mean that loves ends, for everything that is love is eternal. Roger will always be with you in memory, in your heart and in love.

Pardon me if I may be overstepping, but I wish to add that according to your profile I can see and feel that you are truly blessed in both beauty and brains. You are a high energy spirit, please take care to balance your energy when it depletes and let yourself off and out of your busy life schedule to breathe. You will be prone to burn out if you do not. You need time to smell the roses and feel the sea and sun upon your face. You my dear are a playful water child who needs fresh water and fresh air in which to play. Take care of yourself and all will be well and balanced. Blessed Be.

Thank you and Be Well, Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Another story that proves not all spirits are out to get you and that our loved ones do come back to let us know that they love us as much as we love them. Thank you BorntobeWiccan. May the lady and lord bless you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: