You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Last Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Last Encounter

 

My Grandpa/Father-From-The-Heart/Best friend/Guardian Angel died of colon cancer on august 5th 1998. I had had 2 other experiences with him which were only known to me. This time he came to all of us (my grandma, my cousin, me, and anyone else who was in our house) before he died, he gave to my little cousin a toy horse for Christmas. This horse only "nehey'd", kicked its left front leg, and made a galloping noise (he was a big gambler and loved the horse races).

A few months after he died, the horse would go off by itself, we at first thought (because it was untouched on the shelf) that it was maybe movement automated (because anytime anyone walked by it would go off with out being touched). After about a week of this it got more frequent and got so annoying it was going off at all hours keeping us up all night. My grandmother decided to take out the batteries. It still went off (and by went off I mean it made galloping noises and neheying) it was even worst this time it was a 24/7 thing and I mean literally it never stopped, so my grandma put it under the bathroom sink and we were ordered to keep the door closed. It was hell when we went in there (and this wasn't an unsafe feeling, it was just annoying!)

After a few days it stopped making noises, it went on like that for only a day, we woke up one night to the sounds of crying (child's cry), we all woke up, my nana, my cousin, me, my step mom, my aunt, all of us searched the whole house for the sound, it did not sound like it was coming from the bathroom, but my nana did check the bathroom for the 3rd time and sure enough it was the horse she wrapped it in a towel and put it back under the sink. But that didn't lower the noise, that noise was so terrifying and it echoed throughout the house. It went on for maybe 3 days before my nana threw it outside in the garbage, the noise finally stopped.

Well one day (semi-peaceful thank god!) my cousin was running her mouth talking trash because she was in a bad mood (we all were), she started talking trash about Jewish people (Roger, my grandpa, was Jewish), well out of no where the horse falls off the dresser (no one brought it in the house) and it just disappeared and that's the last we ever saw of it, but not the last we wpould ever think of it, because my cousin (Frani) has a souvenir, a tiny little round circle embedded on her ankle, which she claims is from the horse. When it fell off the dresser, it bit her, as crazy as it sounded, she was jumping like crazy that day, saying something bit her! I looked at her ankle and there was a hot pink circle on it, no blood, no trace of evidence of it being from the horse, but we like to believe it was.

Other hauntings by BornToBeWiccan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BornToBeWiccan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
well your deceased grandfather could have possessed that toy horse trying to communicate with you guys but it couldn't do anything but nehey and when you put it under the sink it started to cry because it was un notice barely cared for and when your cousin started talking trash about jewish people the horse(maybe possesed) bit your cousin out of anger and never came back
BornToBeWiccan (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
abby you could be right my grandpas personality well he was a joker he was a bit on the immature side and he got along with children more then adults he was a bit of a screamer at times when he was really angry other wise he was a quiet person maybe he wanted to be heared this time...
...sandy thanks it was so freaky but at the time I think we were more annoyed then scared of how it was...
...ohiowatha I really don't know it was just gone from the floor and we haven't seen it sence and it could be possible that it fell on her but I'm not sure it would make a hollowed round mark...
...kimsouth I'm happy to share and I agree time doesn't heal...
...shane lol maybe your right and the great grandkids thing that's cute lol...
well thanks for everyones comments
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
Dear BornToBeWiccan,

If you should have this type of paranormal occurrence again and you are pretty sure it is someone you know who has passed, speak out loud to the deceased person. Acknowledge them and then tell them it is annoying, to stop or else you will have to permanently remove the object. If it continues, follow through and remove the object from the premises.

This is my opinion, and I do not think this would be the type of behavior or manner your grandpa, who you also say is your Father-From-The-Heart/Best friend/Guardian Angel would have conducted or expressed to you and your family. Although, we do not know by your story much about your grandpa's personality, so if he was prone to this type of behavior in 3D physical life than it is quite possible that he was responsible for these paranormal experiences. It is also quite possible that the mark on your cousin's ankle was accidental and not connected with your grandpa's horse or grandpa's intention to show your cousin some type of 3D physical lesson. If your grandpa was the type of person to do this in real life than perhaps he did do it, though personally I have my doubts. It just does not go with your opening introduction of him though.

After reading a few of your stories, I have concluded that there also seems to be a lot of fluctuating, emotional charges within your household, as well as many younger people who may be contributing their energies to some of these events and experiences.

I do think grandpa means well and maybe there is a bit of a "charge" from all parties involved.

You still have him in your memory and in your heart, and the love and bond is eternal. He'll still be around to check in on you and your family, despite the differences and emotional charges. :)

Blessing, Abby
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
I think your grandfather was trying to communicate or tell you something. I bet it was freaky that you took the batteries out of the horse and it still made noise. Interesting... I personally don't think he will stop visiting though. Good luck to you and your family.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Interesting story. Can you please elaborate a little more on how the toy horse disappeared after it (as it?) fell off the shelf please? And do you think the horse actually bit her, or maybe just hit her ankle on the way down? Just curious.

Thanks for the account!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Thank you for sharing your story.

First of all I am sorry for your lost. Whoever said time heals all wounds, well... It may make them better but not heal.

Second I believe you were right, your Grandpa did not like what was happening and was letting every one know it.

As far as that being the final time you see or hear from him, maybe, maybe not...

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Sounds to me like your grandpa, didn't like being ignored and/or something that was happening in the house at the time and was showing his displeasure through that horse. He may have even become more upset at having a gift he had given thrown out with the trash. Well at least it will make for a good story to tell the great grandkids. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: