You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Afternoon Delimna

Real Ghost Stories

My Afternoon Delimna

 

This is a story to share my experience at a family friend's home when I was younger. We were all very close and we lived just a few streets away so their home was like a second home to us. The family consists of the mum, the daughter (who is my very good friend) and the son.

I, my sister and brother were bored and decided to visit them as usual. We got there and knocked on the door. (Now right before the door is an iron gate which is always locked whether they are home or not, so sometimes we just slip our hands through an opening in the iron gate to open the main door, which is almost always open and call out to them to come open up). We do this because they sleep A LOT. It's crazy how a whole family can sleep like that.

So that afternoon we went there as usual and the gate was locked, I called out to the daughter (we'll call Jane) and got no response. Immediately I assumed she was sleeping, I called the boy (we'll call John) and same thing. I decided to call Jane on phone and I heard the phone ringing vaguely so I was so sure she was sleeping and John probably was too.

I then had an idea to check the main door if it was open and it was. I opened it but still couldn't go in because the iron door was in my way but at least I could see halfway inside the house and called out to them at the top of my lungs, hoping they would wake out of their damn slumber. Still I got no response.

I was about to give up when I distinctively saw what looked like John in all black walk from the kitchen to the room... I just saw the side view and he walked so strangely but really all I was thinking was how much I wanted to pinch him for making me shout and scream when he was in the house all along. I was about to scream at him to get back here when I saw my friend and her brother walk up to us from outside, smiling with grocery bags in the hands.

Needless to say I was dumbfounded and shocked. I asked them if anyone else was home and they said no. I told them what I saw and how I was so sure it was a man/boy. We all got in and checked the house thinking it was probably a break in. There were no signs of forced entry anywhere and even if we missed something there were no open latch windows. He would have to break window to get in and out.

I've always been a sensitive but at that time I was too confused to think of it as paranormal. I was so sure of what I saw and tried to give rational explanations but nothing fit. I later found out they too had been experiencing strange occurrences. But I'm just glad I didn't try to "pinch" whatever it was lol

Other hauntings by ladymoira

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladymoira, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-27)
Sam she is not my daughter she is my friend, and I am not sure it was a shadow person. Nevertheless they both opened up and told me different experiences they've had since living there.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-27)
Ladymoira, that was probably shadow person, do you know ifyourdaughter has ever seen anything I the house? Have they mentioned anything? If not, you should ask them.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Another funny thing, how taboo talking about all this is. Too many people think others are crazy for this, so some do not share. I have always been the one at a party to start the ghost stories talk. I hope this makes it more comfortable for the boy to explore his abilities. My son is a full medium, can hear and feel spirits whenever he 'listens' intently. We are glad we have a background in this so he didn't think he was going crazy.
ladymoira (3 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-23)
Thanks,funny how that day opened a whole new door in our relationship, because they spilled and started telling me all sorts of experiences they had in that house. Made us feel even closer. But the boy himself seems to be an empath but might not know it yet.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
It does sound like they have something there. It is amazing how many people live with ghosts and never know it. From what I can tell, the percentage of the population that is easily open to ghosts and alternative energies is small. It can be an acquired skill, though. Nice that you are sensitive enough to tell them about their cohabitant. It would be interesting to hear some of their experiences. Best to you in your future sightings!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: