You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Grandma's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma's House

 

I had never gone to my grandmother's house until I was about 17. It was my first time in Mexico and I was already spooked by the countless rows of crosses on my way to Culiacan Sinaloa. My grandmother's house was originally a big 7 bedroom 1 bathroom house (they had 8 children) but was renovated about 8 years ago into a big 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home. Only 3 rooms were being used by my grandparents, my brother and his wife with their 2 daughters. The last remaining room used to be my uncle's but he moved out. Ever since then nobody stayed in that room, there were rumors of being pulled or cold spots.

Well, when I arrived, I was told by my brother's wife that if I was ever alone and if I heard my name being called from that room, to not go in. Apparently the door would get stuck and you had to wait for someone to help you out (its an old house). I didn't believe her because they tend to joke around with me, but one night everyone was asleep and was babysitting my nieces. It was around 3am and Shrek was playing on the TV. I was still awake waiting for my brother and his wife to get home and then I heard my grandpa calling me. He sounded right outside my door so I quietly said "what?". He didn't answer so I ignored him, thinking he had gone to bed.

About 10 minutes after I heard him call my name again but this time it was a little bit more loud and forced. I got up and went to my grandparents' room, thinking he wanted some water. When I looked in, they were asleep. At that moment I heard my name again but this time it was my brother's voice. I thought he had gotten home and I went to the front door and looked out the window but there was no one there.

Again I heard my name being called but it was my mother's voice, it sounded mad and I realized it was coming from the room. My mother was back in the USA. I was scared because I knew nobody was in there. My grandpa always kept the door locked because of the girls but when I looked in, it was open. The door shut on my face and I ran back to my grandparents' room and slept with them. Call me a coward, but I was not ready for something like that.

I told my grandparents the next morning but they treated it as a dream, even though I made my grandpa get up and check the room. My brother and his wife believed me but had told me to ignore it until I left.

Could it have been a ghost or anything else?

Other hauntings by tflores13

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tflores13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Hi tflores13, that would have been scary indeed, especially when you were in your teens. Still I don't know how your grandparents ignored it as a dream when you were fully awake. Did you ask your uncle, who used to stay in that room and who moved out, about what your brother's wife told. What was his experience? You said in your comments that the girls got locked up in the room. They were small kids then, right? Were there others who got locked up in that room? If it were only girls, perhaps it might have something to do with the room's door as you said it is an old house. Just a thought. Please respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
tflores: thanks for replying, though I got confused after reading your comment.
You say that "...this house was bought AFTER your mother went to America..." Nevertheless your baby sister is the only known person to have died in the house?
I'm sorry for your loss, but I do not understand the time frame of these events.
Could you please explain?
tflores13 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
I actually did ask my brothers wife and she said that she had heard her name being called from that room. She also said that she would find the girls locked in there. This house was bought after my mother came to America, my uncles and aunts had all pitched in to buy it for them. There was only one person who had died there and that was my baby sister. My uncle had told me that when a room or a place had been abandoned for a long time, spirits take residence there. When I said crosses I meant the memorial ones for people who had died in that spot. My grandmother also lives next to the cemetery where my sister is buried. Yes It had gotten that bad. A lot of kids are going missing in that area too. One of my uncles said he had heard his cousins voice saying to join him, from that room. That same cousin was killed along with his brother when they were 20. I haven't gone back, mostly for financial reasons, but if I did I would like to take pictures and maybe stay in the room for the night.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
Hi tflores13
Maybe you should take your brother's wife aside and ask her what she meant when she first told you to stay away from the room. Maybe she has had her own experience that she has not shared with the rest of the family. She said the door shuts by itself, maybe she is aware of something in there? Xx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
It's been a long time since I went to Culiacan, and I'm courios at what you mean by "the countless rows of crosses on the road". - Are you talking about cemeteries along the highway or is it about the memorial crosses marking a place where someone died in a car accident? Is it really that bad?

Did your mother grew up in that house and if so, did she ever experience any paranormal activity there?
What about the rest of your uncles and aunts? Do any one of them has ever mention having unexplain happenings while living there?

I think it is difficult to reach a conclusion based on the little info provided on your story but, that is only my opinion.
I hope one of the other members of this forum can offer the help you are asking for.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: