You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Glowing Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Glowing Man

 

It happened when I was a kid maybe 7 or 8 years old, but I remember what I saw vividly. My little sister and I were ready to go to bed, at that time period we always slept on the couch together in the living room.

Living in a old farm house that was heated by a wood stove, the upstairs got a bit to cold to sleep in (and we didn't have the luxury of electric blankets back then) so therefore we slept down stairs in the living room.

I remember my dad saying good night and turning off the light and I closed my eyes. I opened them again a few seconds later because I hadn't heard my dad leave to go to bed. I was wondering why. I assumed that he would still be standing there, but when I opened my eyes he wasn't there and my sister, who previously was awake, was sound asleep. Maybe I had some how fallen asleep with out noticing but I don't think so.

In our living room there was a door with glass that led to the closed in porch, and the door was what I could see if I looked up while I was lying on the couch. That night I looked up and saw a glowing form of a man sitting at the table in the porch. You couldn't really see anything other then his outline and he didn't glow brightly just dimly, sort of like he was made out of shapeless glowing fog. As I saw him, he turned and look straight at me, he had no face just the same glowing fog.

I was terrified and hid my face under the blankets. I kicked my sister awake (she wasn't very happy with me), still not looking back up I asked her if she saw it, she said she didn't and that I should go back to sleep. I convinced her to get up and investigate and she got up looked around and found nothing.

Years later I told this story to my sister asking if she remembered it. She said yes and then asked me if she had ever told me about the time when she had seen a ghost. I hadn't.

She then told me that one night she woke up in the middle of the night and heard the TV flashing on and off. Thinking our parents were still awake, she walked in to the living room. What she saw was the TV turning on and off by itself, there was no one in the room. She look over to the couch to find the remote to turn it off and that's when she saw it, a ghost sitting and floating over the couch.

She said it felt like she had spent hours looking at it. As soon as it turned and looked at her she felt panicked and quickly ran and went back to bed. When she looked at the time a minute had not yet passed since she had got out of bed. She didn't tell any one about what had happened until years latter.

When she told me this I asked her what her ghost had looked like. She then described the exact same glowing ghost that I had seen. The creepy thing is that I had never told her what the ghost I had seen looked like, just that I had seen one. Our continued conversation revealed that many details of our stories matched up.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jinzydraso, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
An interesting and a creapy story. A glowing man is something unique from a paranormal view.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
Yea I saw similar. Mine was more like cloud white but can't see through it. Was humaniod.
Chris77 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Many years ago I was on a beach at night with some friend me and one of my friend saw something like that comming straight to us and disappear
jinzydraso (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
The man was pale and glowing different colors (blue, yellow, and white) but he was so pale that you could barely tell. If that makes any sense, it's kind of hard to explain
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-23)
The story is really freaky but I enjoyed it. The most terrifying story I read on the site is this.
chel_87 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-23)
Jinzy, that is really scary. I never shared to anyone in my entire life (except my parents). But I had the almost similar experience too. I was around 6 or 7 years old. And also remember I was about to sleep. Then when I woke up, I saw this glowing form of a man but he looked like a thick stick man. He just stood there and smiled at me. (I think) It was a white glow. I screamed and got my parents to come and see. They convinced me that it was a dream. But it is still very VERY fresh in my mind until today. I've tried googling what was that, but never got an answer.

I was surprised to see your story. There is someone who have actually went through something almost similar.

:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-22)
Jinzy, great story and thanks for sharing. Just curious was the glowing a particular colour?
I wonder what else it got up to without anyone catching it out!
PandaCinnamonBoots (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-21)
Woah, that must have been such a terrifying experience. But I really enjoyed reading this! Great job! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: