You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Threatening Presence 2

Real Ghost Stories

Threatening Presence 2

 

It has been a year and a bit since my last post, and things have begun escalating quite a lot in that time. Some changes have occurred, like my boyfriend moving out in December for work reasons and since his absence my room and the house has become a very tense atmosphere. There have been a few new experiences that have happened.

When my boyfriend had first moved out I felt a huge shift in the feeling of the room. My walk-in closet (which had given me bad vibes since the first day we had moved in) had always been a little chilly but now it would drastically drop in temperature and felt like a freezer whenever I tried to grab clothes. And on the odd night my room would radiate so much heat that I would actually start feeling sick and faint. Now, I should probably state that my room is fairly cut off from the rest of the heating in the house and the only way for my room to get THAT hot would of been from me cranking my heater on a disgustingly warm summer's day. And I haven't had a heater in my room since before my boyfriend moved out.

On another occasion I was home alone in my room. I was laying on my bed when I began dozing off. It couldn't of been more than 2 or 3 minutes later when very clearly I heard my boyfriend whisper my name in my ear. It startled me and I was very quick to move out into the living room to distract myself with some TV.

Thinking it was caused by my dreamlike state I had been falling into, I brushed it off as nothing more than my own imagination. That was until a few days later when my dad came into my room asking if I had been calling for him. Now, since moving in this wasn't the first time my dad had come to me asking if I had called for him when I hadn't and it had significantly increased the longer we were there, I just had never thought much of it. I annoyingly replied no and very confused he commented on how he thought he was going crazy. I asked why and he said that he's had quite a few instances where he'll hear my mom or me calling for him but yet when he goes to check we won't even be home or we are in a completely different room than the one the voice originated from.

I know in my last post a lot of people commented saying that my experience was likely just high EMF in the house that I was very sensitive too. But last time I checked EMF didn't result in drastic temperature changes and disembodied voices that not only me, but my father are also hearing.

For the most part, all the occurrences in my last post are still happening. Having a shower is still not an enjoyable experience. When it doesn't feel like someone is standing in the tub with me, I expect to pull the shower curtains back and see someone standing there. I've become so uncomfortable with it that I have made a fine art of showering within 5 minutes or less and I have even talked to my mom about it. She seemed concerned but there really isn't much she can do.

I feel fearful and threatened when wondering around the house alone, even during the day now.

My sleeping pattern has especially been suffering lately. It is now every night I will be awoken from a deep sleep at 3:00am for absolutely no reason and all my attention is directed to the space behind my door.

I am from a First Nations background and have tried cleansing with sage and some prayers but it doesn't seem to do much good. I am worried my boyfriend being in the house may have been my only safe haven and that things will only escalate from here.

If anyone could provide other cleansing methods or have any advice for what to do or what I may be dealing with I would like to thank you in advance.

Other hauntings by Glowinthedark89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Glowinthedark89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Glowinthedark89,
You say that your father has a fair amount of quartz and other crystals. Where are they? I've been told that crystals especially quartz can hold "memories'' of people when in a great concentration. If he got a piece or pieces from the same place he may have quartz that holds some history. I've also been told crystals have to be cleansed. I was told to use as pure as I can get water and pour it over the crystal during a full moon and leave the crystal out under the moon over night. Someone may have a better method of cleansing crystals but try it anytime there is moonlight and see if things quiet down. If your father leaves them in his closet and your closet shares the same wall ask him to move them that may help you wth your fear of your closet.
GoldPhoenix (24 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Maybe get a stronger boyfriend ghosts will fear him.
Im single if you are interested
Glowinthedark89 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
[at] Rookdygin - Thank you for the shielding and cleansing method, I will try it as soon as possible and let you know of the outcome.

[at] RedWolf - As far as I am aware, all the neighbours near by haven't been in the area for more than 5 years, and apparently the people who lived there before us were an elderly couple who everybody avoided. I have attempted to look into the history but little to nothing has come up about it. There used to be a little family that lived right beside us who complained of "dark spirits" around their house, but since then they have moved and the house torn down. I'm not sure how likely it is for spirits to reattach themselves to new surroundings or even objects, but I see it as being a possibility if they were serious about their claims. As for streams through the property, I don't think there are any. And my dad does have a fair share of quartz and crystals but they are kept inside. Thank you for the advice though, I will be sure to give both yours and Rook's methods a try.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Glowinthedark
I have a some questions for you. How old is the house, have you looked into it's history or asked neighbors about what they know about the house? If a prior owner died there they may be p.o'd that someone is living in that room
The next thing that comes to mind is there any water on the property, or a lot of guartz rocks/crystals in your yard. If there is no visible streams on your property you may be able to find out on a land survey if there is underground streams on the property. The house I grew up in has an underground stream going under a corner of the house. When the cesspool was near full the basement would flood until we got sewers in the area.
It's best to do Rooks cleansing concentrating first on your room then the whole house.
Another thing you could do is sinply telling the entity to leave as it is your parents house now and noboy wants it there. If it isn't really a malevolent spirit it should leave.
Don't let it know it scares you. I made that mistake once as a teenager. Stand up for yourself and with as much bravery you can muster tell it to leave you alone.
Regards
Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Sorry to hear things are getting worse. Please check my profile, there you will find a Shielding and Cleansing Method that many members have tried with success.

A POSSIBLE reason that these feelings have continued or increased sense your boyfriend has left is...

This presence in NOT negative in nature... This means a cleansing or shielding directed against negative energies/spirits/entities will not 'work'...So if the presence you feel has persisted after preforming a cleansing ritual then its either...

A) Really strong OR

B) Not negative in nature.

As far as its intent... That is hard to say with the experiences you are having. Thank you for the update... Please ask for help if you feel you really need it, its what we are here for.

Respectfully,

Rook
LosAngelesGirl (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Hi Glowinthedark,
My best advice would just be to control your fear. It doesn't sound like anyone or anything is trying to harm you, maybe it's just a ghost wandering around your house. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: