You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Crying Infant

Real Ghost Stories

The Crying Infant

 

Here is some background for those of you who haven't read my previous story: These stories take place in Denmark, Maryland, and Florida. Now that that's out of the way, on to my story.

When I was about to turn ten, I moved from my parents' house in Denmark to my grandparents' house in Maryland. Well, at the time, my aunt, my uncle and her first child were staying with my grandparents for a brief time along with my other aunt and my dog, Kato.

Every night, my aunt would put the baby to sleep and every night, we would all hear a baby crying from down the hall where the nursery was. Sometimes, we even heard a baby crying on the monitor. When an adult would go and check on the baby, the baby would be fast asleep and there would be no sign of the baby stirring in his sleep.

I would also like to note that we lived in a rural area near a heavily-forested area, and as such, there were no neighbors within a close proximity to us. Also, we personally knew the closest neighbors on either side of our house and none of them had a baby or even a small child.

Creepily enough, my best friend at that time confided in me that she had heard the baby crying as well, so I think the sound wasn't imagined by those who lived in the house.

I would like to add that the house was built in the 1920's, and that means to me that almost anything could have happened in that time period.

Maybe the spirit of an infant is trapped in that house, or maybe it was something more sinister that plagued me while I was all alone in the house. Who knows?

Other hauntings by Stoker

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stoker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Thanks for sharing Stoker. As a father of three, my wife and I used baby monitors for all our kids. We often found that the monitors would suddenly pick up other monitors from other houses. I'm not sure on the range of these monitors but in certain conditions, who knows?

We also found that our babies would sound like they were crying, or awake, only to find they were fast asleep. I assumed they had either briefly woken, started crying and then gone back to sleep, or had "sleep-cried".

I'm not saying there wasn't a spiritual / paranormal experience at that dwelling, but we must always try to rule out all other possible causes of the perceived phenomena before we can say it was a paranormal experience.

Cheers
ldraper84 (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Is there anyway to research the history of the house? Who owned it before your grandparents and such information can lead to answers. As others indicated, a cleansing may be in order, but your grandparents will have to make that decision.
Good luck to you all!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
This is something a scary story... I think it must be some residual haunting... Thanks for sharing:)
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Wow! Baby crying is just wrong. Scary as hell. I agree that could be something bad. How long ago was this and have you asked anyone recently to see if anything else is weird. Maybe try to record some and check for EVP. Rook has a great cleansing method, just check their posts and you can find it. Thanks for the story!
bigryan020192 (4 stories) (26 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Hi Stoker! Thanks for sharing your story.

This is very intriguing to me as I have also had the same experience at my grandparent house, and they have no children living there. It could defiantly a residual haunting however, if this was a baby trapped in spirit form, it would be rather tricky to tell if it was intelligent, residual or otherwise.

I have heard that it could potentially be demonic as demons can mimic something we would find innocent, like a child laugh, a baby's cry, even visually manifest as a child. This is supposedly so we would let our guard down, making it easier for the demon to get to you.

I have seen on here people suggest a particular ritual for spiritual protection. I cannot remember what though I'm afraid. However if someone else can assist me, this is something i'd recommend.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: