You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Mom Was Right About It

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom Was Right About It

 

This is my second story that I am submitting but this happened I was back home (Bangladesh).

My mom used to tell me to not go alone anywhere, specially by myself She still does. But I thought it won't never happened to me. I used to thought Jinn, spirit, ghost, whatever it is, it only happens in the village but not in the cities.

Long story short, one day I came out of shower and thinking to hang my wet cloth on the rope in our roof top. At that time we used to live in the first floor and our second and third floor was under construction.

So I was about to go to the roof top. It was about 12pm but my mom said don't go alone this is not a good time. According to my mom bad things roam around in thin air and look for someone to mess with. I told my mom I will be fine. And I am sure there will be those construction guys who's working in the roof top, so there in nothing to worry.

So as I was taking the stair to go to the third floor, right before reaching the last stair, I looked at the the roof if someone was there or not. I saw one of the construction guy still working. I felt relief inside and kept going to the roof. Then I was looking for the guy and no one was there.

Rightway I started panic. I was so sure that I saw someone. In my mind thinking may be the guy may have climbed down by the side of the building. But it was too fast to do that for anyone and why he would do that anyway. I looked every corner of the building to look for him but he was never there.

I ran down and told my mom. As you guys can guess what she possibly told not to go there by myself. But I told here I am 100% there was someone. So I asked my dad if anyone supposed to work today. He told me all the construction guys been off for 2 days. So no one came to work. After here that my eyes were wide open and my jaw dropped. Since that day I never went to roof top by my self. Uff it was so scary...

Hope you guys enjoy my story.

I have more story to tell. Which I will submit when I have chance...

Other hauntings by zinia

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zinia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

L_Melb (220 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
I love it, doesn't matter what country you're from, language you speak or religion you follow, everyone has a "damn!, my mother was right" moment. 😜
zinia (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-08)
Hey all. Thank you guys for reading my story. To reply all of you I don't know much about ghost, spirit or something like that in nature. I am not sure what kind of thing I saw but I really saw something. It may not related to what my mom said. But I respect all of your thoughts and comments. Sorry for late reply. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
Mimi - I posed the same question to RedWolf on one of her stories. Maybe she hasn't seen it yet. I am curious as well.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
RedWolf, your comment that spirits can't tell time caught my attention. Do you mind if I ask why you think that? I'm not trying to argue, just curious.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-08)
Maybe what you saw was a residual haunt connected to some of the equipment being used.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-01-08)
Ah, the to Witch or not to Witch and at which time to do so?

As a Former Witch I can say with confidence (at least from everything I was taught or researched) that the 'so called' Witching Hour is a Myth. While there are certain times of the year that Wiccans and Witches 'pay attention' to, Solstices and Equinoxes are good examples, but there is no real set time to contact spirits.

RANDYM stated: "People only think they see and hear more at night because the environment Is toned down. Quieter and that sort of thing." and this makes good sense. One must also keep in mind that what we can not see 'scares' us so the human race tends to 'think' bad things happen and/or lurk in the dark.

The simple way to figure out that the 'Witching Hour' is a Myth is this:

If it is based on the 'time' Christ was crucified... A time that most say was 3pm... And the opposite of that is 3am that would mean there is but 'one' witching hour a year... It happens on the anniversary of the Death of Christ and in my time zone that would be... Lets see Israel is 2 hours ahead of Zulu time (sorry Greenwich Mean Time) and Texas is 6 hours behind Zulu time that would mean that once a year, on the anniversary of the Death of Christ, at 7pm (CST) the Witching Hour would be happening. So, 7pm... Hummm yeah not a very scary time, at least not for me.

With that out of the way someone mentioned ghost hunting shows... While I am 'miffed' that they do not set up the cameras and recorders and 'track' the family for a couple of days to see if what the Family is experiencing can be captured I understand why they go 'lights out' and keep everyone out of the home... They do this to limit contamination... By 'controlling' the environment as much as they can it makes it easier to determine if something caught on audio or video came from an outside source or is harder to explain.

So...sorry...No such thing as the 'Witching Hour'.

Just my opinion

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-08)
loneybone
Lady-glow is right. Saying spirits are only active from 12-3 A.M. Is a myth. Spirits can't tell time first of all and secondly whether you can see them or not spirits roam at all times. People who think that spirits come out only after dark watch too many ghost shows.
Regards
Red
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-08)
Lady-glow,
Thank you for saying what I was going to say.
People only think they see and hear more at night because the environment
Is toned down. Quieter and that sort of thing.
I have heard that some people think the "witching hour" between 12 and 3
Originated because it is the opposite side of the day when it is believed
Christ was crucified.
Those on the other side are available at all times and in many more places
Than we think.
Cheers to you
Randy
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+8
8 years ago (2016-01-07)
Loneybone: actually, spirits and ghosts DO come out at any time and the "witching hour from 12 am to 3 am" is only a myth.

You should keep in mind that the members of this forum include people from many countries whose beliefs may be different from yours, but that is not a reason to try to redicule them.

Keep reading more stories with an open mind and you'll see that the only nonsense is that spirits only come from 12 to 3 am.

This comment from loneybone is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2016-01-07)
I think what happened was that your mind played a trick on you. Your mother told you not to go up there on your own because there is things that roam around that could scare you. So as you walked up there you were expecting to see someone. Correct? Therefore your mind saw something thus there being nothing. Sometimes as we people do things in daily life the echo of what we do is sometimes stuck in time so sometimes when we are doing things we can see or hear things that are not there. It just the echo that is just now passing through. I'm sure it was nothing because if it was something it would just not be on the 3rd floor it would everywhere and you guys would have felt it. So calm down no biggie nothing to be scared of and if ever you do get scared just say some prayers all will be fine.
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
All I'd like to say is your mom asked you not to do something because she loves and cares for you. It's not because she's older and wiser or that she just likes to talk. She warned you because she LOVES you. That's really something to think about the next time you want to be willful.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-28)
Hi Zinia... I am pretty much agree with sds... Thanks for sharing
zinia (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
SDS

Thank you for reply. Yes I did asked my mom she said our neighbors had so many paranormal experience and it was very havey and often. Not only that but also right before we moved to u.s.a our maid was possesed. That day I really freaked out and was screaming for help because no was home But me and my 90 years old grandma. Please let me know what you think. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
Hi zinia, quite difficult to say if what you saw was a spirit or entity or just the brain playing games. Especially in hot sun at around 12. 30 p.m., such kinds of things might happen. But difficult to classify it as paranormal with only one such experience. By the way, did you ask anyone in your apartment if they had any such experience or encounter. If so, please do share. Otherwise, it will be difficult to comment further.

Having said that, it is also a custom in Southern India, especially in Tamilnadu not to allow girls to go out in the Sun at around 12 noon or late in the evenings, not only for the safety of them but also especially to stay clear off evil spirits or negative entities. Our customs are quite similar.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: