You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Reassurance From My Sister

Real Ghost Stories

Reassurance From My Sister

 

I had a sister named Johanna who died in 2010. I have written a story about her awhile ago talking about my last encounter with her (or so I thought).

I had been dating this guy since the beginning of last year. I thought he was so sweet and amazing. Really what every girl thinks about a serious boyfriend. My family didn't really like him too much but they dealt with the fact that we were together. In the start of this year, my boyfriend dumped me. I was very sad and cried for days on end. I cringe thinking about it even now.

About a week after the breakup, I had a dream and Johanna was in it. It was very light and a sense of calm came over me in the dream. Johanna looked the same as she had before she died, but it almost felt like she matured. I remember her giving me a smile and telling me not to be sad and not to keep thinking about the guy. I couldn't speak but it's like she understood that I knew she was right. Johanna also told me that I will be relieved to no longer be in his life. I didn't know what she meant at that time. I woke up with tears in my eyes but I didn't feel sad. That dream only made me miss Johanna a lot.

A couple of months later I learned that my ex was into hard drugs and was charged for abusing women. It's almost like he took a turn for the worst. I was shocked and couldn't believe it but that's when I knew what Johanna had meant. That tells me that Johanna is in fact watching over my family and I. Just because we don't see her or feel her doesn't mean she isn't there for us:)

Other hauntings by PoliexterLy

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PoliexterLy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Softie_thunder_thighs (14 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-07)
Your stories are so sad. 😭
Johanna's love for you is everlasting. ❤ ❤
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-03-07)
Thank you [at] crimsontopaz for your kind words. Although I have not seen Johanna for quite some time, I do feel like she is still around me.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-03-04)
PoliexterLy, That guy/your ex at the time, sounds like a real twit. I can only image the pain you went through after he broke your heart. Hopefully you're stronger and know it wasn't anything you did. It really is lovely that Johanna came to let you know she was there for you, telling you not to be sad and reassuring you. May she RIP.
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
I loved your first story about your sister, but the ability to still receive comfort and guidance from her is truly a wonderful gift. It affirms my belief that the dead are not really dead as long as someone living remembers them.

I'm so glad you weren't involved with him when he went haywire. When that happens it's even more hurtful than breaking up with no explanation. At one time my teen-aged son, who was not being nice in his behavior toward girls, was attracted to a really nice girl of good family. She at the time adored him. I mean seriously, she had a whopper of a crush. I told him to let her go if he didn't have it in his heart to be decent. He was angry over a previous relationship and wasn't nice to anyone he dated. I told him that is too good of a family to mess up, and I'd never forgive him if he treated her shabbily, breaking her parents trust in him. I tell this tale because perhaps your ex-boyfriend broke up with you because he knew he wasn't being a right-minded boy. A true man, one with a conscience and brought up properly, will not knowingly hurt an innocent person. Sometimes breaking up is a gift, as your sister was trying to convey.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone! They sure mean a lot 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-28)
This is sweet, beautiful story... Johanna is still with you... Amazing thanks for sharing ❤
chria29 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
Wow this story made me smile. Your sister clearly watches over you still!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
Hi PoliexterLy, I am sorry for the loss of your sister. It is not uncommon that the loved ones protect, come back and reassure their siblings, kith and kin in this mundane world. And definitely it is easier for the spirits to communicate through dreams and it is quite heartening to note that you woke up with clarity after the assurance of your late sister.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
KaviB (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
It's beautiful. Johanna is really looking after you. Sending love and positive energies... 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
This is such a sweet story!
You are right about your sister still watching over her family, her love didn't end with her untimely departure.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: