You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Happened After The Car Accident?

Real Ghost Stories

What Happened After The Car Accident?

 

Before I begin, this house was built studs up from 2008. So it's pretty new, and no previous owner I know of died. It is a spacious 4 bedroom house. My question is, why did these series of incidents happen? Nothing ever happened in our new house until this one incident. Any insights are helpful.

It all started after a car accident. I still remember, I hit a big truck that day and I had my two children with me. I was very fortunate nothing happened to us, and the trucker let it go.

On the way home I kind of felt dazed, probably from the car incident. When we got home, I opened the door, and that's when it began. Right when the front door opened, I heard a distinct clear "Why thank you." I'm not going to lie, I thought maybe I hurt my head from the crash and was hearing things. But right before I even uttered a word, my then 5 year old son says "Mommy, did you hear that? Someone said why thank you!" I was so relieved to know it wasn't in my head. But not so relieved knowing no one was home.

After that first incident, a series of strange incidents began happening. We started hearing someone playing a piano every night around 8pm, and it sounded like it was coming from the attic. But there's no stairway to the attic, you need a ladder. We would also hear knocking on the walls everyday. My husband said it might be a rat stuck in between the walls or something. So I decided one day, I would knock on the wall two times. And that's when my 2 daughter and I freaked out, because it knocked back 2 times. Right when that happened, my daughter and I walked out the nursery, and that's when an ornament came rolling out of the nursery after us... Needless to say, we stayed out of there the rest of the day.

Not soon after, my daughter started seeing a white cat in our house everyday. She would ask me why the white cat always comes and leaves and comes back again. And then my son would see a little girl petting our dog once a while. But the one incident that really scared us all, was when my father-in-law came over one day. We have a toaster that also has an egg maker. Well, when my father-in-law walks by, the egg maker looked as if it was thrown at my father-in-law and fell to the floor. We all looked in disbelief. And he came to conclude maybe when he walked by, it caused a vibration for it to bounce off.

After that, many series of incidents continue happening. But the scariest had to be when we started seeing doppelgänger of each other. I remember putting my son to sleep, and he was sleeping on my lap. As he drifted off sleeping, I looked up and saw my son sitting in a corner with a grin. I was speechless, because how can that be when he is sleeping on my lap? A few days later, my son was in the living room talking to someone. When I asked who he's talking to, his jaw just dropped. He said he was talking to his sister, but how come his sister was next to me instead?

The last incident was when my husband saw someone sitting on the living room floor, and to his surprise, he realized he was staring at himself. That was the last incident that led us to calling the pastor. The pastor and a few other people came and blessed the whole house. And after we no longer see "anything". But we would still occasionally hear things.

However, we never understood how we lived at the house for almost a year and nothing happened until the car accident? Is there a connection? If anyone has some insights I would be grateful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anonymous520, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-20)
[at] S2k
Thanks for the comment. I wanted to ask, what if we were not unconscious though? Just a car accident. But we were all ok. Thanks:)
S2k (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-13)
I've read that spirits can come through when in a accident when you become unconscious there is many ways they can enter and yes near death is one of them
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
[at] seraphina

Hi there:) Thanks. I tried looking up on the internet before, but nothing came up. I did ask if anyone's died here before we moved it. They said it was a new house only built 4 years prior. No one died. Our neighbors husband died a few months after we moved in. But again, that's oh neighbors house, not us.
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
[at] sds
Hi thank you:) I don't recall buying anything. But now that everyone has brought it up, I do remember not long before the car incident my parents gave me something. It was a bracelet they found. But it was a few months before the incident
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Thank you everyone who has replied and given advice. I very much appreciate it. Sorry if I forget to reply. You guys are all very wonderful and helpful.
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
[at] ashar123

Thank you for replying. May I ask why a ghost would choose to target me? That's a very interesting theory.
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
[at] billburns
I don't remember bringing any items back from anywhere. I had just picked up my son from preschool, and was on the way back home. But decided to stop by a Sonics first, and that's when I got a big truck.
And thanks for your insight:)
ladydarke (113 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
520,

Did you ever read the fairy tale, The Devil With The Three Golden Hairs?

If you're not familiar with it, you can find it here: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~spok/grimmtmp/022.txt

I made an immediate connection with this tale as I read your experience. In particular, what came instantly to mind was the part of the fairy tale about the ferryman who to know why "he must always ferry from one side to the other, and was never released." The solution given to him was "when anyone
Comes and wants to go across the ferryman must put the oar in his hand, and the other man will have to ferry and he will be free." (quotes from that link, yo)

In the end, the bad-hearted king ends up trading places with the ferryman. Note that it isn't the lucky hero, it isn't some random undeserving traveler. This punishment is saved as a just reward, adding a karmic element.

So take from this what you will, it's just what immediately occurred to me, but here goes: your account of the accident with the truck sounds like it was a minor fender-bender where nobody got hurt and the truck had no damage. That you say the truck driver "let you go" sounds like you were at fault for the accident.

That fault sounds like the supernatural "karma key" needed for an oar to be passed to you. My feeling is there was something attached to either the truck or the driver, which was also picked up in the same way - someone getting hit, something that transferred from car-to-car through fender benders maybe. I even recall reading a story from India on this site once about someone who walked *through* a ghost, which was then so offended it haunted and bothered them. Don't recall the title so can't find it, but maybe a wiser user than I can provide the link. The point of that is the truck could have even driven through some entity that took exception or got stuck. It might be something akin to a St Christopher medal, wherein somebody gave the driver some spirit-token meant to protect him on the road without bothering to make sure the spirit wanted to be there. Don't know, can't say, but you get the general idea. It kind of doesn't really feel like a human ghost to me, not with following a rule like the passing of the oar. However it got there, the accident seems to have passed the oar to you.

Your opening the door and hearing, "Why, thank you," is almost a snide rub-in, since the oar had already passed. Maybe, as others say, it was access beyond the car to the house.

Unless you went to the hospital for some complication sustained in the accident, like if this was just random, then it seems to me possible that you got sick because it extended the permission to taking your energy, with which it then powered all its shenanigans. The dazed feeling immediately after the accident could possibly have been due to energy drain. Usually, you feel drained, exhausted, headachy, sometimes nauseous. Long-term drain seems it could cause the sort of global complications stress does. That is not saying you shouldn't seek medical treatment, btw. With anything health-related, it's always best to be safe and check with your doctor.

If you want to get rid of it, I'd suggest ordering it to get back in your car with your sternest mom-voice. Deliver an awesome mom-lecture while driving back to the place of the accident about what it did wrong, why it was wrong, and what the good citizen alternative behavior would be. At the spot of the accident, mom-voice it out of the car and to sit at the corner contemplating what it did wrong. Give it a time-out period - three hours, maybe days, whatever feels right. Tell it that at the end of that time, it is to go to it's own place of highest growth and learning and meet its guides.

I suggest this approach because, as you have children, it's probably one you're good at. As you've done this many times, it makes the intent behind it familiar to you and easy for you to access while applying to a different situation.

Also, it is my opinion - and only my opinion, take that for what it's worth - that the more negative entities are kind of like undeveloped children coming from bad households. Sure, they mean to scare you and such, but mostly because they don't know another way. They feed on your fear because they've never had another kind of energy. So if you can mom-voice a stern kindness, as if this were a kid with parents that didn't care who set fires or something, making it clear that this way is wrong but there are others and giving hope, that'd be awesome.

Anyway, please view my opinions on this with your own best discernment and take from it anything of use to you.

Cheers
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
Oh my!

That's scary to even think about. Seeing your double I would cry if I ever did.
girlInterrupted (2 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
I disagree with a near death experience since none of you were even injured in the accident. Your property could been haunted. Just because the house is newer doesn't mean their couldn't be spirits attached to the property that the house sits on. The accident could have just been coincidence that it started at that time. If you are concerned have a medium come in and cleanse the house & property. In the meantime go and buy some sage and cleanse the house yourself and add your own religious beliefs into it.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
As the other posters have said that there ate two possibilities. Maybe the near death experience opened up to the paranormal however I believe that the another theory is more appropriate that suddenly the ghosts chosed you their target, caused the accident and messed up everytime. Because if the first theory was correct, your husband would have never seen his doppelganger. The target suddenly shifted from you and your children to your father and father in law.

The scariest part of your story was the sightings of the doppelgangers and that too in a repetitive manner by different members.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
billburns (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
Anonymous,

Did you bring anything into your house on or shortly before the day of the accident? Second-hand furniture, an antique, vintage jewelry maybe? Something which is old but new to you?

If so, try temporarily moving the item out of your house to see if that makes a difference.

If there are a few possible items, you might try moving all of them out, then bringing them back one at a time over a period of weeks or months, (depending on how often the sounds typically occur) to see if you can identify a particular culprit. If you can, move it permanently or destroy it.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
Anonymous

I agree with Biblio that you let something into your house when you were dazed. Whether it was a trickster or shapeshifter it has to leave A.S.A.P.

You need to get a priest and/or a medium to get rid of it. If you had said I didn't invite you in right away it probably would have left.

Regards
Red
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-31)
Hi, Anonymous,
Our friends on YGS have provided you with wonderful, sound advice. I'd just like to contribute a small suggestion. Can you find out what structure stood on your property before the present house was built?
Blessings,
Seraphina
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
Hello Anonymous520, I welcome you to YGS and thank you for sharing your experience. Miracles and Biblio are quite right. Near death experience could open up special sensitivity, on some, to sight or hear paranormal activities or entities. But, your husband was not in the car. And when you called Pastor and blessed the house, the activities came down, I meant the sightings but you hear things even now, may be not so frequently as you were experiencing earlier prior to blessing.

I have another theory. You said that all these things started after the accident. You and your kids were in the car and from where did you come home? Shopping? Did you buy anything that day, which you brought home? It could be anything big or small. If your answer is yes, I feel that something got attached to that. And if the activities of sighting ceased after the blessing, then it could be malicious. It is just another theory or my way of looking at it.

I will give you another suggestion. Please go to the profile page of Rookdygin, one of the experienced posters on this site. He has devised an excellent cleansing method. But you have to do it continuously for a few days. It helps and it did to many of us in this site and I have suggested to few of my friends and it worked. So, why don't you try it out. And my thinking is that it would work out so that you and your family can be better off getting rid of the unwanted presence. Give all credits to Rook.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Thank you for confirming that, 520!

Your experiences as a result of 'a brush with death' are more straightforward, then, and they may only have been temporary on a personal level (think along the line of catching the 'flu), as the experiences you discuss are all in/around your home, and you've given no indication of anything happening to you elsewhere. That said, if this were a phenomenon limited to you and your children, it would be "case closed." Your husband having the experience, though, clearly troubled your family and your pastor (Rightly so!).

I do hope that your faith and your religious experiences have been a positive bedrock for your life, as an active minister willing to visit your home to do his job sounds like a good sort. My experiences in church were a little hot-or-miss, but we'd moved around a lot. In that context, I hope my earlier post did not seem too weird to you; when I attended a pentecostal church as a kid, people would talk about the things I saw/knew/predicted as "the gift of prophecy," "the gift of wisdom," and would quote "your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams" (Acts 2.17). However, when they didn't like what I said (even if it was just as accurate as the previous messages), I'd be warned that I had to "get right with God" or that "Satan was leading me astray" and I had to "stop listening to the voice of the evil one."

The point in the last paragraph of my previous post was that your faith should sustain you and your family, and you should follow your church's teachings for getting rid of an unpleasant, evil, or manipulative spirit. As you stated that the noises have continued, and you've given no indication that the events have followed you to the supermarket or your children's summer activities, then a further round or two of prayers would be the ideal way to get rid of whatever it is. I know that I felt the jittery-tense sensation I get when I feel/know/see something going on and that I should tell the other person, so my typing may have been a flurry of statements which, taken out of context, seemed really odd; however, I thought that encouraging you to follow your faith's practices to evict this unwanted tenant from your family home was of a high degree of importance.

Best,
Biblio.
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Bibliothecarius:
Sorry I forgot to respond. You are right, my husband was not in the car. It was just me and my two kids:)
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Maybe 'it' caused the accident and then followed you home like B stated.
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Miracles:
Thank you. That is a wonderful theory. That's might explain why my husband never saw anything until towards the end.

This comment from talib is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-07-27)
Greetings & welcome, 520.

Miracles is right about people reporting supernatural activity after they've had a brush with death. However, I did not get the impression your husband was in the car when you had the accident: just you and your kids.

It is a very good idea, spiritually speaking, to get your pastor and a "prayer team" (if I'm remembering the nomenclature correctly) in to bless the house, etc. If you have experienced the same noises since that time, though, you need *more* prayers and blessings for your home. I'm not going to tell you that the prayers didn't work when they clearly have diminished the supernatural activity, but I am going to caution you that exorcising an unwanted presence is usually a more prolonged activity --or more repetitive activity-- than most people realize. Prayer is an enduring activity, which requires a steadfast dedication of purpose on the part of the individual; you need to pray for your home to be cleared and to be protected because of your children's wellbeing. If you've had interactive, potentially malicious ("I... Saw my son sitting in a corner with a grin") doppelgängers within the home, I strongly recommend that your prayers be reinforced by the prayers of faithful friends. They don't need to visit, they just need to be serious in their prayers (I believe "prayer warriors" is the term).

Before I get censured for being all religious in my reply to you, Anonymous520, I'm simply responding to your actions within the narrative and my understanding of your religious stance. I'm an agnostic, so I'm not advocating for any one religion over another; I'm advocating that you keep doing what you've already done to make certain that it leaves.

I'm Very, Very Sorry that I have to write this next paragraph. I really hate it when people leap to conclusions and make alarmist statements, but for the last month or so, my intuitive sight has been doing weird things: YOU opened the front door and SOMEONE said, "Why, thank you." You let it in over the threshold while you were dazed. Pray: NOW! You, your husband, your kids, your friends, your pastor: PRAY. It "rode" in on your trauma; that's how you wound up in the hospital. You need the prayer as much as the house does. I don't think it's a spiritual attachment of any kind, but it grinned at you because it used you to get in there without your knowing it. I think you've got some sort of "trickster" who is deliberately hiding, but making the noises so your fear will give it strength.

PLEASE pray, and let us know about your progress.

My Most Sincere Good Wishes to you and your family,
-Biblio.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-27)
Anonymous - there is a theory that when someone has a near death experience it opens them up to the paranormal. Maybe this is what happened to your and your children.
Anonymous520 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-27)
I would also like to add, while we saw doppelgänger of my husband, son and daughter. We never saw one of me. Yet I was the one who ended up being real sick and ended up in the hospital the following week.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: