You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Red Hiding Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Little Red Hiding Girl

 

Eight years ago. That was the time I first had my spirit encounter in my then new home. It was way back when I was in the 6th grade in a then municipality now city in the southeastern part of Mindanao. I was basically still new to the place since I transferred when I was in grade five from Manila. My parents' little hometown is really nature friendly-- it was filled with lush trees and the land and seascape spectacular. It was another town in the Philippines that one could adore for its natural scenery, but as any place in the Philippines, it was also filled with mystery and horror.

I remember it being dark, a little after 5 PM, I was just done with my journalism training for an upcoming competition and we were dismissed a little bit later than usual since the competition happens in a week. I was with my colleagues, waiting for our parents to pick us up. Our house is very close to school so I walk home after school but that day, I decided to stay and wait for my friend's parents to fetch her before I go home.

The school was already almost empty with I, my friend, the security guard, a senior student and the nuns (our school is run by nuns because it is a Catholic school) remaining in the grounds. Our school becomes eerily silent when classes are done, maybe the fact that the nuns do not want to be disturbed in the wee hours added to our keeping quiet the whole time.

My friend and I were just talking when the senior student, Ate Divine, passed by us through the hallway that passes through our chapel on to the second elementary building. My friend and I were staying at the end of the long hallway that serves as entrance to our freshmen building. The building's 1st floor covers the chapel, and exiting on the other site brings you to the preschool and grade five to six building (hence the second elementary building; grades one to four are in a different building, so are second year to fourth year classrooms, which are not part of the freshmen building where the computer, internet, Science laboratories and former teachers' dormitory are located). At the end of the hall is the boys' comfort room and a washing area, which is hidden from view if you stay from we are staying since the washing area rests on the other side of the building's wall.

I suddenly had the feeling to look past the hallway after Ate Divine passed by us, I do not really understand why I was kind of forced to look across the hall but then, I did. As I looked across the hall into the next building, I saw a little girl peeking from the washing area. I can see clearly that she is wearing red, and that she has long black hair. I was curious as to who she was, she seemed to be sitting down while peeking, so I thought she was not a preschooler but maybe a grade one to three pupil who was also waiting to be fetched. I squinted hard trying to see her face clearly but as I moved my head closer to see her, she suddenly hid away from my view.

I was startled by her sudden hiding that I was sitting there still squinting, checking if I really did see something. In my mind I was sure I really did see her. I told my friend that I saw a girl wearing red and maybe she was also waiting and I offered to fetch her from the washing area since it was already dark and the lights in the school were almost put off, so she might be scared. Immediately, Ate Divine came by through the hall, so I asked her if she has seen the little girl by the washing area.

Ate Divine looked at me as if I'd asked her the most difficult question in the world, and told me that "There's no one there. I went back to the faculty room to get something and I saw no one else in there. The nuns are inside their rooms praying, and we are the only ones left. No little girl or boy around." I was so shocked that I remember walking so slow towards the washing area to check if the girl was just there, possibly hiding and shy. My friend accompanied me to go get a look, we both walked so slow I do not know how many minutes it took us to cross the hall. When we finally arrived by the boys' CR, we again, slowly peeked into the washing area. It was really such an intense moment that even peeking took us about three minutes to accomplish.

When we finally peeked, we saw it-- the washing area empty, no girl or boy or anyone. Nothing. It was just the washing area, the dripping water and the cement that's there. We saw no one. Not even across the gymnasium or the other buildings and rooms. No one else was there. A chill ran down my spine as I realized that Ate Divine was telling the truth. My friend and I immediately went back to the entrance of the hall and found her father already waiting there to fetch her. We just went and climbed aboard their pedicab (a motorized tricycle popular in our city). I just went with them and took a ride home still thinking of what I saw.

Until now I am wondering who that girl was and why she was peeking from the washing area. Why did a force make me look across that hallway to see her? Is she sending me a message? Until now I do not know, but she is not the only one I saw in the school after that. I have more stories since I was smaller, and I hope this story gets shared. I was told that my third eye is open, and I know for a fact that that is true, so I will be sharing more of my experiences later, for now, after reading a lot from this site since high school, I finally found the will to share my story. And I hope this gets through. A lot of weird things happened to me and I will be glad to share all of those to you.

For now, thank you.

Other hauntings by Xylee21

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Xylee21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Xylee21 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-21)
[at] HumzaShl: I did not really see her face that well, as I have said in my story, I leaned closer to see her more clearly but she suddenly hid away from my view. The only thing that was clear to me is that she had long hair and was wearing something red. She might be in grade one to three judging from her height while kneeling because she was definitely not a toddler nor a 4th to 6th grader either. That's all I really noticed about her.

Thanks for reading my story 😁
HumzaShl (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-21)
Very interesting experience could you maybe describe the girl a bit more anyways,

Thanks for sharing! 😁 😲
Xylee21 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-19)
Thanks so much for your comments Tweed and Allicatt

[at] Tweed:

The red shirt or whatever she was wearing was not part of our dress code. My Alma mater's school uniform was actually a blue and white, so it was really a stand out.
Allicatt (5 stories) (68 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
It sounds like the little girl was just as curious of You as You were her, She probably didn't want to get too close because she isn't use to seeing other students at that hour. Maybe she is shy, it's really hard to know for certain though it's definitely interesting. Thank you for sharing.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-12)
😲 You saw Alma from F.E.A.R!
This denotes much mayhem and madness. Quick where's Paxton?!

No, I'm being utterly silly.

Serious comment now.

Schools after hours, churches after hours, shopping malls after hours, all seem to be quite active places. So a building such as you've described I'm not surprised there's a little ghostie mucking around.
I love that you knew to look, I'm sure most here can relate to that. 😊
Is red part of the dress code for a uniform or something? Or maybe it was at some point?

Thanks for sharing, wonder if anyone else has seen this cheeky ghost. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: