You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Was He An Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Was He An Angel?

 

I am not sure what I believe in regarding paranormal activity and such, but I do have an open mind and like to do as much research as possible before making any firm decisions. This experience happened in November of 2010, a month after having my youngest. I had just had a procedure, to remove a kidney stent, two or three days prior. I was sick almost right after leaving the hospital and felt horrible, but it was my first time going under anesthesia, and a nurse had told me it was common to feel ill. I was running a low grade fever about 100F, the baby had woken for a 2am feeding and I was holding him standing in the living room in front of the heater. I was chilled to the bone because of the fever, and feeling a bit dizzy. I thought, oh geez I'm going to cook the baby.

Just then about five feet away from me appeared this man. He was tall (over 6ft), buff large muscles, a stern face. He wore old looking brown clothes, it reminded me of stories of fur trappers out on the frontier, maybe it was animal skin, but I'm not sure. He had the same style satchel that crossed his body, the strap on one shoulder and the satchel rested almost on the opposite hip. He had long brownish hair, and brown wings that went almost to the floor. He was standing beside one of the dining room chairs that was pushed away from the table with one foot on the seat. He did not smile, but I wasn't afraid of him, surprised for sure, but instead of freaking out, I just said a muffled "Hello." And then he disappeared.

I felt like I needed to sit and cautiously sat on the chair his foot was on saying, "I'm sorry if you were using this chair, but I need to sit." I thought later, maybe that's why he was there, I was holding a baby with a fever, and standing too close to the heater. Maybe he wanted me to sit. But I also understand that I was ill and it could have been some sort of fever hallucination. I did many internet searches trying to find out who this was, but I found nothing that matched. So I suppose I was wondering if anybody else has ever seen a man like this, or may know who he is. Thank you for your time, I hope I described him well but let me know if there are any further questions.

Other hauntings by trentinray

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trentinray, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
trentinray, this story is really cool to me. I enjoyed reading it. I don't know what it could've been, but I'm glad you didn't feel scared at all!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
ygaian, your comments are about 2 minutes apart for each story. Are you someone else attempting to quickly establish themselves among the YGS community, or just a very fast reader?

Trentinray, sorry for the off topic comment. I really enjoyed your narrative and I think Rook raises some interesting points.๐Ÿ˜Š
ygaian (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
wow... That's great reading ๐Ÿ˜ the apparition you mentioned of having seen that night might actually have been that of an angel, wellโ€‹...
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-26)
Manafon1-Thank you, Yes I agree, it was probably my subconscious manifesting an image, and basically sending me a message. Like I said earlier, we see what we need to see, and maybe a lot of things that people see are just manifesting's of their subconscious'. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying all but definitely something I will take into account ie... What were your emotional feelings at the time, were there any unresolved emotional issues during the experience, ect... As far as where I was looking, I can't say for sure, it seems like I was looking down at the baby and then looked up, but I'm not positive. Thank you again for your comment, I appreciate your input, it felt really cool when I figured it out too, like you just solved a riddle you were stumped on. Lol
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-25)
trentinray--I found your account very well told and intriguing. Elfstone put forth a really compelling theory but I had a weird fever related experience that reminded me of the apparition you witnessed. Of course, you mention that your fever was low grade, but along with your recent surgery and the responsibility of caring for your baby it seems very possible that stress and illness might have contributed to an hallucination.

When I was nineteen I had a fever and my temperature was around 102. I awoke in the middle of the night and was staggered by what I saw. In my fevered state I was standing on a floating globe that not only defied gravity but allowed me to as well. I floated about my room and thought (as I was living with my brother at the time) that he would REALLY freak out if I floated into his room to show him my gravity defying floating orb that I could walk on.

Well, I walked into his darkened room and said something to the effect of, "Hey wake up you gotta see this" and as soon as he snapped on his light my "floating globe" instantly vanished, leaving me dopily trying to explain to my groggy brother that just mere moments earlier I was floating down the hall to his room.

The point is that my fever made my gravity defying orb that I could navigate at my leisure seem COMPLETELY real. Like you with the animal skin wearing big dude, I had no fear of the orb I felt I was interacting with.

I did have one question--did the figure appear as you were looking in its direction or did you sense something and then look up to see it? Whatever you experienced it was unusual!
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-25)
Thank you elfstone810, that was a very interesting comment. It made me also think about perspective, and how when things are going wrong you'll see that one thing that let's you know everything will be all right. Like a flower somewhere, or a sign that can be interpreted differently to connect to you, and you think, "wow that can't just be a coincidence."
But anyway, I agree with your comment and it makes sense. Honestly, the underlying tone wasn't reassurance, it was, "you know better than that, what are you doing?" That is what I felt from him, almost like a father figure or something. I felt sorry after he disappeared, not just for sitting in his chair but because I knew I needed to go back to the doctor, and I should have been sitting with the baby when I was feeling ill.
I was a little embarrassed about that part, I guess because I felt a little reprimanded. And that probably sounds a little weird. But anyway, thank you so much for your comment, I saw him because it was what I needed to see to get the point across, and it worked. Instead of focusing on "who" or "what" the answer was in the "why" Thank you! โค
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-24)
There was just a fascinating discussion on another thread about whether apparitions are physically present or sensed telepathically. Either theory would explain many common aspects of these experiences but neither would explain all of them.

Also, a lot of times poltergeists seem to work in ways that are heavily symbolic. For example, a young person who is "bottling up" their emotions might be at the center of a case where bottles mysteriously pop their caps or explode.

I mention these things because I wonder if this might be a case where an apparition, physical or not, is telepathically using the symbolism of wings to reassure you and convey something of his identity. Wings=Angel, guardian angel, angel of mercy, nurse, doctor, healer. Perhaps as Rook suggests, you saw the apparition of an old time doctor with his satchel and either he projected an image of wings to reassure you OR he projected a reassuring message and your mind interpreted it as wings.
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-24)
No I don't know any of my family history, except that my grandfather immegrated from Germany, and my Grandma was a Cherokee medicine woman. This person didn't look either, but thinking about it now, the clothes did resemble something a Native American could have worn, especially if they were animal skins, but again he didn't look Native American.
His wings were definatly wings, I'm positive on that. I guess I was hoping someone somewhere seen someone simalar. Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting, I really appreciate your imput!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
Rook, it is my understanding that those who cross over do not earn wings. Angels have wings, humans do not, not even when in the spiritual realm. It may have been an angel, of course. They are messengers, so why not have a messenger bag?

I'm wondering if the 'wings' were actually a coat?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-23)
trentinray,

I am going to ask about Family History...

DO you know of anyone in your Family that may have been a Old West Doctor OR perhaps worked for the US Mail service?

I ask because of the satchel you describe, it struck a note in me and what came to mind was a pioneer bringing medicine to a Frontier Outpost.

As for the wings... Can those who have crossed 'earn them' or might they have been a product, an addition so to speak, because of your fever?

I love questions...๐Ÿ˜ and answers, oh discussion is good to. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: